Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    But Scott and Rachel have been together many years. Scott raised Nathan a few scant years prior to his current age. Why shouldn’t they all be comfortable with each other by now? The camaraderie didn’t happen overnight, it’s been there. Hickman simply formalized it.

I have never venerated the original Cable and don’t particularly care he’s dead. I find the teen more dynamic. That’s just me though.
    Because, for all intent and purpose, the three of them have never been on a field mission together.
    Heck, the three of them have never lived together in close quarter on a permanent basis either.
    There is no history of the three of them being together.
    Scott is the common denominator between Kable and Rachel, but what personal ties Rachel and Kable have to one another beyond that?
    Shouldn't we see Scott being the one mending the gaps between the both of them, who were foreigners to one another until very recently?
    Even if you Don't care about Cable, Scott and Rachel did, they actually knew him for years before his execution by Kable - yet here they're bantering with him as if they were part of a mediocre sitcom…
    And if I can buy the idea that Cyclops would make the effort to try and overcome this fact after Extermination, I doubt Rachel would - after all, she was willing to avenge Cable, was she not? So when did Rachel decided she was fine living/working with Kable?
    Because here, it looks like they are fine with one another.
    All in all, the idea that there could be this kind of dynamic between the Summers without us seeing the process leading to it is one that feels very fake/contrived.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Hickman’s writing of HoX is so different compared to this flagship X-Men book, doesn’t even feel like the same person writing it. X-Men is definitely the worst of DoX...

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Hickman’s writing of HoX is so different compared to this flagship X-Men book, doesn’t even feel like the same person writing it. X-Men is definitely the worst of DoX...
    why would it be the same? HoX had a very specific purpose and X-men was never going to be an extension of it

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Because, for all intent and purpose, the three of them have never been on a field mission together.
    Heck, the three of them have never lived together in close quarter on a permanent basis either.
    Scott is the common denominator between Kable and Rachel, but what personal ties Rachel and Kable have to one another beyond that?
    Shouldn't we see Scott being the one mending the gaps between the both of them, who were foreigners to one another until very recently?
    Even if you Don't care about Cable, Scott and Rachel did, they actually knew him for years before his execution by Kable - yet here they're bantering with him as if they were part of a mediocre sitcom…
    And if I can buy the idea that Cyclops would make the effort to try and overcome this fact after Extermination, I doubt Rachel would - after all, she was willing to avenge Cable, was she not? So when did Rachel decided she was fine living/working with Kable?
    All in all, the idea that there could be this kind of dynamic between the Summers without us seeing the process leading to it is one that feels very fake/contrived.
    Wifi risked his life to save Rachel in X-force and nearly got killed himself doing so.

This whole status on Krakoa is contrived. We just see how things already are, not how they are build

More time to write it? x-men seems like it is done on less time and we already have delays
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-13-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why would it be the same? HoX had a very specific purpose and X-men was never going to be an extension of it
    I mean the writing was a thousand times better, his dialogue in HoX was so smooth, X-Men feels so clunky, dull and stiff.

BANNED

Scott and Rachel have operated as X-Men together for years now, and had a fair number of joint engagements before that in the '80s and even '90s.

One word: Utopia. Before that, Reload. Further, Scott raised Nathan, then spent months more living with him recently.

There's plenty. They just haven't made it official before now.

Didn't Nathan go after her in his X-Force book?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Wifi risked his life to save Rachel in X-force and nearly got killed himself doing so.
    Oh I forgot about that! Then why was she being such a bitch to him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman have some fat to burn from his #1 selling 255k. But he is already counting on a out of people doesn't like this
    What do you want to replace it with?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm guessing you don't have any sisters...

Just joking? art and writing could better

I mean the writing was a thousand times better, his dialogue in HoX was so smooth, X-Men feels so clunky, dull and stiff.
    He was great with the lore building but IMO his character voices were clunky and lacking in HoX as well. That was a common complaint over the summer

Scott and Rachel have operated as X-Men together for years now, and had a fair number of joint engagements before that in the '80s and even '90s.

One word: Utopia. Before that, Reload. Further, Scott raised Nathan, then spent months more living with him recently.

There's plenty. They just haven't made it official before now.

Didn't Nathan go after her in his X-Force book?
    He said the three of them
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-13-2019 at 10:53 AM.

What do you want to replace it with?
    Replace the writer or the status quo?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Replace the writer or the status quo?
    Either. 10c

Spectacular Member

Basically “the dialog is stiff/robotic” stands for “I have to criticize this run but I don’t know why so I’ll get on this bandwagon”.