Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Best moment of the issue. Cute

By the way, is the Summoner mutant or just weird magic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I believe the latter

This issue disappointed me.
    #1 was a little slow, but it was ok considering how breath taking HOX POX was.
    But #2 didn't take off. We still watching weirdly-happy Summers family soup opera.
    The only moment of Hickman's story I read were in Apocalipse's pages in the end.

I dont understand why Doug is the only person that can communicate with Krakoa. Why cant none of the telepaths?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He's descended from one of Apocalypse's first Horsemen so probably a mutant/demon hybrid.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I didnt like that they acted as a sitcom family from the suburbs but the real problem was that barely nothing happened in the issue. It was this one group of character going to this one location to accomplish this one goal and they meet this one guy and then its the end. No wonder people say the exchange between Summonner and Apocalypse is the best part.

Amazing Member

Hickman is really not playing to his strengths. It reminds me of when Bendis was trying to write like Hickman in what I think was Mighty Avengers. The one where Doom calls Carol a fat cow.

Hickman is much better at the big end times biblical stuff. Not these quiet character moments. Wish he'd let the other five books focus on character development, while he did his big ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I liked the issue, it was funnier than I expected it to be. I like the War Child/High Summoner, but can somebody please get the kid some pants. Yu's art continues to be the weakest part of the book, definitely ready for Silva.

So the island we see is just a part of Arakko, the rest is either in Otherworld or beyond it, with Otherworld acting as a kind of gateway dimension? I've seen people speculate that Arakko is in Limbo, but I don't think that's the case.

The mutants of Arakko, are they all supposed to be descended from the First Horsemen, or was there interbreeding with a native humanoid species?
    You are addressing and asking about all the right things, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    This book should be about •┤Ȧ├• and his freaky children.
    Yes! Quite the contrast from the Summers family awkwardness. But I love it all.

Also it's super cute how some posters are trying to correct other posters on what Scott meant with the "love" comment. It's 100% open for interpretation on purpose. There is no right or wrong way to read it. Hickman don' trolled us again.

I agree with most about the art. It seemed lifeless in places which didn't quite work with the humor.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont understand why Doug is the only person that can communicate with Krakoa. Why cant none of the telepaths?
    I think this was explained in Powers #4, that there's a limit to how far you communicate to Krakoa via telepathy, which is why Doug was the first one to find out about Krakoa's mate before Xavier.
    "Cable was right!"

House of X established that telepaths can communicate with Krakoa, it's just very difficult and imprecise. Xavier reached out to Doug for just that reason.

Fantastic Member

Yikes. They have to be making Wifi unlikable on purpose right? Being an idiot all issue and talking about guns.

I don't feel this was the right scenario for a family bonding experience. Even as a recon team, they were lacking. But if your gonna connect with an island full of vicious beasts, might want more firepower and better mobility.

Intrigued by the Summoner and island in general, we will see where it goes. It seems Excalibur and Otherworld are more relevant and tied to the island after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think this was explained in Powers #4, that there's a limit to how far you communicate to Krakoa via telepathy, which is why Doug was the first one to find out about Krakoa's mate before Xavier.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    House of X established that telepaths can communicate with Krakoa, it's just very difficult and imprecise. Xavier reached out to Doug for just that reason.

Xavier communicated with it but it was very basic like two foreigners with a travelsize book of each other’s languages trying to have a conversation. I don’t get why he couldn’t have accessed and downloaded Krakoa’s language from Doug and given that to any telepath in order to communicate with Krakoa like he has done in the past like with giving the X-men Russian so they could communicate with Illyana or alien languages

Mighty Member

The artwork is so by the numbers, Point A to Point B. It's not dynamic as it should be. Overall, this felt stiff.

Xavier communicated with it but it was very basic like two foreigners with a travelsize book of each other’s languages trying to have a conversation. I don’t get why he couldn’t have accessed and downloaded Krakoa’s language from Doug and given that to any telepath in order to communicate with Krakoa like he has done in the past like with giving the X-men Russian so they could communicate with Illyana or alien languages
    Doug's power is not just knowledge. Krakoa's language is not something that a normal person's mind can even understand, the brain of someone other than Doug cannot understand it. It's not like Russian. Krakoa probably doesn't even have the concept of what we consider "words."