Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Honestly not really a fan of either psyloke or mini cable, but this seems to be the only book Laura is appearing in so I will stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Maybe someone has already say it but

Could it be that teen cable isnt a young cable but a young Stryfe? and he his posing as cable?
    Stryfe never had the TO

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Let's be honest here Kid Cable can do no right. A lot of people just hate the character based off the fact that he's not Old Cable. There's been constant complaints about Kid Cable since his inception.

Considering he's a teenager this is the perfect opportunity for them to write cable as a more juvenile light-hearted version instead of the usual gruff grizzled jaded 50-60 year old (because let's face it that roided-up 90s version will be back eventually) that's he's always been. I like that the issue is written as a more of a family jaunt then Cyclops treating his two children that he barely interacts with as typical soldiers.
    Dont put that on me. I actually like Cable and have been one of his biggest defender on this board until Dawn of X. The writing for him here is sh-t and even I can admit that

Mighty Member

Ugh why are so many Betsy fans bitter bout Kwannon going by Psyclocke.

Betsy ONLY became popular because people thought Psylocke was an Asian ninja. The fact that they are now trying to make it sound like Kwannon is the one appropriating someone else's culture is laughable. Ask any non-comic book nerd to describe Psylocke and NONE of them will ever say she's a British woman named Betsy. They'll all say she's an Asian ninja.

I'd understand their frustration if Betsy was backburned but she was given the lead role on an even more popular book.

Are Betsy fans just insecure that she can't be popular without stealing someone else's identity. She went from taking a body that belonged to an Asian woman and now taking a role made popular by someone else (Her brother). I guess Betsy isn't interesting on her own? And that's why her fans are lashing out at Psylocke? Notice how none of them are complaining about Betsy taking the name of an existing character (Cpt. Britain)...
    Last edited by RamaBird; 11-14-2019 at 06:24 AM.

All-New Member

I’m guilty of disliking teen Cable aka Table as well. He got the original X-Men back to their time and Cyclops brought back to life, so there’s that. Now he needs to go back to his own future.

The only alternate reality or time travel characters I want hanging around in the 616 full time are Miles Morales, Rachel and AoA/Exiles Blink (when she’s not off doing Exiles stuff of course) I don’t mind TJ either. Her story was brilliant in that last Excalibur run where she had a stroke and had to deal with rehabilitation therapy and all that. But I feel like the concept is extremely overused and has been for decades.

I’d like to see Rachel explored more. And now that Logan Scott and Jean are all knocking boots, it would be great if they revealed Rachel is actually Logans daughter, not Scott’s. In her younger days it very much seemed that way, then there’s the whole hound tracker thing they could play off.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Laura swear off killing a little while ago? How come she’s fine with killing again in Fallen Angels, what’d I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Betsy ONLY became popular because people thought Psylocke was an Asian ninja. The fact that they are now trying to make it sound like Kwannon is the one appropriating someone else's culture is laughable. Ask any non-comic book nerd to describe Psylocke and NONE of them will ever say she's a British woman named Betsy. They'll all say she's an Asian ninja.

I'd understand their frustration if Betsy was backburned but she was given the lead role on an even more popular book.

Are Betsy fans just insecure that she can't be popular without stealing someone else's identity. She went from taking a body that belonged to an Asian woman and now taking a role made popular by someone else (Her brother). I guess Betsy isn't interesting on her own? And that's why her fans are lashing out at Psylocke? Notice how none of them are complaining about Betsy taking the name of an existing character (Cpt. Britain)...
    That would be fine and dandy but they didnt just take away her costume and codename but elements like the butterfly which were part of her imagery

And Betsy fans ave complained about her going by Captain Britian. It may not be as loud as the Psylocke ones, but its been a thing since it was announced over the summer. It goes along with Psylocke bc that change was part of the decision to remove the Psylocke identity from her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dryllyrd View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Laura swear off killing a little while ago? How come she’s fine with killing again in Fallen Angels, what’d I miss?
    Nothing. There's been absolutely nothing that's established why Laura has gone from even being able to talk Creed and Deathstrike down from murdering the Orphans of X, to being totally cool with Kwannon killing a bunch of people. It happened like flipping a switch (or mashing the Reset Button).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nothing. There's been absolutely nothing that's established why Laura has gone from even being able to talk Creed and Deathstrike down from murdering the Orphans of X, to being totally cool with Kwannon killing a bunch of people. It happened like flipping a switch (or mashing the Reset Button).
    *sigh* That’s what I feared.

New Psylocke is fine. Wi-fi is lame as always.

X-23 is my favorite character from this book but I don`t like her here. She felt one sided with ignored latest stories. The same way as Rogue in Excalibur.

I liked Sinister here but not really interested for more.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would be fine and dandy but they didnt just take away her costume and codename but elements like the butterfly which were part of her imagery

And Betsy fans ave complained about her going by Captain Britian. It may not be as loud as the Psylocke ones, but its been a thing since it was announced over the summer. It goes along with Psylocke bc that change was part of the decision to remove the Psylocke identity from her
    I wouldn't have given the butterfly imagery to Kwannon either, but her fans are coming off petty as hell anyway. Betsy has gone on to a bigger role in a more popular book but instead of celebrating that, they want to be petty over a butterfly? Also, they were all trashing Kwannon even before it was revealed she was keeping the butterfly effect.

And I have barely noticed any Betsy fans accusing her of stealing Brian's identity like they are with Kwannon.

I used to like Betsy but now her fans are helping me realize how basic she is. Her Psylocke would've NEVER become popular even if she hadn't been parading around as an Asian ninja for most of her history. That's why Kwannon is now Psylocke. Psylocke's popularity comes form her being a deadly asian ninja. That's Kwannon, not Betsy!

I wouldn't have given the butterfly imagery to Kwannon either, but her fans are coming off petty as hell anyway. Betsy has gone on to a bigger role in a more popular book but instead of celebrating that, they want to be petty over a butterfly? Also, they were all trashing Kwannon even before it was revealed she was keeping the butterfly effect.

And I have barely noticed any Betsy fans accusing her of stealing Brian's identity like they are with Kwannon.

I used to like Betsy but now her fans are helping me realize how basic she is. Her Psylocke would've NEVER become popular even if she hadn't been parading around as an Asian ninja for most of her history. That's why Kwannon is now Psylocke. Psylocke's popularity comes form her being a deadly asian ninja. That's Kwannon, not Betsy!
    The ironic thing is you are coming across even more petty in your post as you are directly calling them out and trashing Betsy in retaliation

Comic books are not the real world. No one is stealing a body or appropriating a culture.
    Kwannon exists only because of a bad 90's writer who didn't understand what CC did in Acts of Vengeance.

When they decided to undo the body swap mess, some big Marvel executive intervened because Ninja Psylocke is a very popular merchandising brand.
    And that's why they are trying to sell Kwannon as a character apart from Betsy.
    It's just money.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

^ Periodt RamaBird, but don't let Betsy's noisy fans turn you off the character herself. Folks are just gonna have to accept that Mama Kwannon is here butterfly effect and all. However I will admit I don't like X-23 and Wi-Fi rolling with her but I'll accept it for now. Can't wait for Kwannon's future BFF a.k.a. Husk to join the book
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I just can’t get over Kwannon saying “hai” in a thought bubble, even though she presumably thinks in Japanese anyway.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Do Betsy fans really complain about her being Captain Britain when she's been Captain Britain/Lady Briton before?

Probably people who don't know the lore as well.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 11-14-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dryllyrd View Post
    Meh, people swear off stuff all the time. Smoking, drinking, donuts, killing. Sometimes it sticks. Sometimes it doesn't.