Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Technically, five by five is Whedonspeak. Still not right for Laura.
    Five by five is actual radio brevity code (meaning loud and clear). Still not right for Laura.

BANNED

I just never had a problem with Laura lightening up, but I had no great love for the early character so I'm biased. I always find the no-contractions stoic killer thing mad cheesy these days. You can only take that so far before a character has to evolve.

I really love this book already. Psylocke, Laura and Sinister all working together. The antagonist showing that man-machine hybrids are already cropping up in opposition to mutants. The one thing I love about a GOOD x-force book is how its more of a character study of what drives them to make the decisions they do before they kill and this book has all of that (as opposed to the bad x-force book where they were just wanting to have a body count).

The twitter feed explaining Kwannon was also incredibly insightful. Excalibur and this are definately on my must read.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I liked the art, but this felt too convoluted, which is particularly bad with a character with a history like Kwannon (and, no, they didn't provide a decent reason for her to be called Psylocke).
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I liked this issue a lot, other than Laura's voice ("I'm five by five with that" WTF) and I don't think they did a good enough job establishing why Kwannon would want to use the name Psylocke or wear Betsy's old costume. Other than that, she seems like an interesting character and I like what they're doing with her, I'll definitely keep reading.
    I also agree they didn't convinced us enough of the change. It can be justified but Tini and Jonah will have to, at some point, make a better job in creating justifications for this editorial decision.

I enjoyed the book, could like it more but I really think this art is not for me. Digging in Kwannon's past is really rewarding.
    A picture would last longer darling...

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...382269952?s=21

oh my god HILL STOPPPPPP I CSN ONLY HOLD SO MUCH LOVE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...382269952?s=21

oh my god HILL STOPPPPPP I CSN ONLY HOLD SO MUCH LOVE
    Well my intrest has shot up a bit

Astonishing Member

I liked this. Months ago I was afraid this book would be about Warren.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I was referring to this:

we all want to forget that

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Even the writer agrees that his writing was off with her in terms of some dialogue he wrote. Its not just fans making things up

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This was awesome.
    I loved this new Psylocke, I was afraid but marvel is doing great with both women

I enjoy Laura being a bit dark and this book did her great and her interactions with Cable were nice, I really wanted them to be friends

Oh I forget to mention that I didnt like that the mutants are essentially being held hostage on Krakoa. Kwannon has to ask for permission to leave, which she was officially denied. WTF? I can get limiting who gets in, but not who gets out, especially if one were to deem themselves not safe considering what happened in X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh I forget to mention that I didnt like that the mutants are essentially being held hostage on Krakoa. Kwannon has to ask for permission to leave, which she was officially denied. WTF? I can get limiting who gets in, but not who gets out, especially if one were to deem themselves not safe considering what happened in X-Force
    It's on lockdown because of the assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's only because of Xaviers recent death, not a permanent thing.

Fantastic Member

I wasn’t expecting much from this book. I didn’t expecting to be blown away. The art and storyline were awesome. Aside from X-Force, this was one of the better lines to come out of Dawn of X. I guess the thong-kini is here to stay lol. I just hope Rachel becomes part of the book somehow. Her past as a hound would be good addition to the team dynamic. 5stars in my book ��