Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Even if she can’t actively participate in the world anymore, Moira would definitely want someone doing something about that since Apoth should be their top concern.

BANNED

Apoth's rhetoric if nothing else is right in line with posthumans/homo novissima. Magneto would know of this threat as well. Unfortunately, Psylocke is unlikely to report back.

This felt like a Kwannon solo with editorially mandated X-23 and Cable

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Kwannon is the new HBIC in the X-Books. You go girl.

BANNED

I don't understand why people now call literally any book a 'solo'. In most cases it's untrue and focus simply rotates. In this case Kwannon needs development most of all, much more than the other two. Yet I'm sure they'll get focus over time. At this point I have no idea what is considered a 'real' team book. They all are to me.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't understand why people now call literally any book a 'solo'. In most cases it's untrue and focus simply rotates. In this case Kwannon needs development most of all, much more than the other two. Yet I'm sure they'll get focus over time. At this point I have no idea what is considered a 'real' team book. They all are to me.
    Its not a negative. Even traditional solo books would feature a smaller supporting cast of X-men. Cable regular featured X-Force and in the mid 90s Storm. Wolverine rotated between various X-men all the time. We just saw that with Iceman and Bishop and Kitty. X-23 with Beast and Gabby, etc.... With only 3 cast members now, it feels more solo driven than a traditional team title. Even a larger cast can feel like a solo as was the case with X-men Red and Legacy which always remain Jean and Rogue driven and never deviated to have the plot be about the others
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-13-2019 at 11:35 PM.

I have to say i had doubts about this book i was going to give its first arc to see if i like it. I love it, so far i loved all of the X books. I love how death was off the table till Xavier was shot then everything changed again. I wonder who will join the team? I mean who will be out of place during peace? Hope, Wildchild,Maverick, Mystique, Shatterstar,Domino,Boom Boom, Feral, Saber. Thats just the top off my head. I can't wait to see.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Fantastic Member

I don’t really see the appeal of this book. Someone want to enlighten me as to what they liked about it?

1.) it retcon’s in a theme with butterflies that was Betsy’s before she ever took Kwannon’s body—literally before she was even a character. And while it certainly isn’t awfully done, it also doesn’t in any way explain..

2.) calling a girl who took up the codename “Wolverine” for a time and has killed more people and been through more trauma than Kwannon herself a “glistening and soft caterpillar” is a joke. A bad one. Same with Cable. You just can’t tell two people who’ve fought their entire lives stuff like that.. I’m pretty sure if some rando assassin told either one that they’d just give a funny look and then ignore her.. possibly with a violent outburst attached.

3.) Why did she take Betsy’s name? She was never psylocke. She literally never has been psylocke—betsy was psylocke in both bodies and by her own admission here she was never capable of anything when betsy had her body, ergo her mind and soul should have no association with the name whatsoever. Why does she have Betsy’s powers now? Uhh, uhh, because, I guess? This was and is an awful attempt at character swapping being handled as poorly as the initial body swap to begin with.. but two wrongs don’t make a right.

If you want Kwannon to be her own person, then make her into her own person.. That means kwannon should not magically have Betsy’s powers, or her name. She should be shown to have her own powers, her own name (which she already had..) and her own aesthetic. And no, just giving her a butterfly aesthetic doesn’t help anything.

Am I the only one who sees this as a shitty attempt to hold onto the “Asian assassin butterfly hot girl” character while trying to separate it from Betsy? Like I think most were in agreement that the whole bodyswap thing was poorly done, but none of this is a way to fix it.

Which is to speak nothing of the art.. which is probably the worst of the dawn of X books by quite a bit.

The writing was pretty lackluster too but the writer’s already admitted to the worst of it, so oh well.

And once again Betsy is blamed for what Kwannon's boyfriend did. How delightful. Betsy was brainwashed and raped by him while Kwannon got a second (now third) chance at life and cool powers, yet I don't see Betsy blaming Kwannon for anything. And now this mess of a character not only gets Psylocke's codename but also her iconic butterfly signature? Yeah, I despise everything about this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    And once again Betsy is blamed for what Kwannon's boyfriend did. How delightful. Betsy was brainwashed and raped by him while Kwannon got a second (now third) chance at life and cool powers, yet I don't see Betsy blaming Kwannon for anything. And now this mess of a character not only gets Psylocke's codename but also her iconic butterfly signature? Yeah, I despise everything about this.
    I tend to agree with this. Though I don’t see kwannon as blaming Betsy necessarily—but I just also don’t see them as having any real desire to ever talk. Ultimately, they are both victims and I’m totally different ways and because of the retcon of “kwannon was there all along” it now makes no sense for them to ever bond.. because Betsy the telepath never reached out to the girl whose body she was in for years. Neither did any other telepath. And Xavier for sure at least has some experiences of his own with body swapping.

It just.. it’s just a bad way to handle an already bad plot point. But if they don’t have the solution, why are they trying to tackle the problem?

Maybe someone has already say it but

Could it be that teen cable isnt a young cable but a young Stryfe? and he his posing as cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Maybe someone has already say it but

Could it be that teen cable isnt a young cable but a young Stryfe? and he his posing as cable?
    We’ve already seen him fighting young Stryfe during BrissonForce.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    If you want Kwannon to be her own person, then make her into her own person.. That means kwannon should not magically have Betsy’s powers, or her name. She should be shown to have her own powers, her own name (which she already had..) and her own aesthetic. And no, just giving her a butterfly aesthetic doesn’t help anything.

Am I the only one who sees this as a shitty attempt to hold onto the “Asian assassin butterfly hot girl” character while trying to separate it from Betsy? Like I think most were in agreement that the whole bodyswap thing was poorly done, but none of this is a way to fix it.
    I totally agree with you. She should be Kwannon, not Psylocke II.

Even the name Revanche could have worked for me, but another Psylocke? Similar costume, looks, codename and powers? Give me a break. Kwannon should be her own.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Can someone tell me why Betsy appears at the beginning of the book in one panel and doesn’t show up again until the recruitment at the party or was that an artist error?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This was ok and Laura was definitely off in this book. The peace sucks and five by five comments didn’t bother me like it did most people, it was the Logans shadow thing that through me off. Baby Cable seemed useless although I might be a bit bias because I wasn’t really a fan of him in the recent X-men issue either. I didn’t like Psylockle calling 2 experienced solders soft caterpillars but it’s whatever I guess they were trying to make a point. What I did like was Psylockes backstory outside of the whole butterfly thing, I like that they are taking the time to develop her. I like Apoth too, I’m interested in seeing how that turns out.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8