Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Why're people mad with the Kwannon retcon? It adds some spicy drama and keeps the Psylocke brand alive. Maybe it's just me being old, but I like conflict between characters even if they're on the same side. Kwannon v. Betsy is awesome. I wish Armor would come back to kick rocks at Jean again, too. Hisako v. Grey was my jam.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    So, I can't wait for Kid Cable to bite the dust. I feel the presence of Wi Fi is forced and not organic. Surely the character I like the less in this DoX line.
    I don't hate him, and maybe he will grow on me. But so far, he's not worth OG Cable's death imo.
    If Wi-Fi dies I’m not sure which gets revived, old, teen, or the age he is suppose to be in their present.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If Wi-Fi dies I’m not sure which gets revived, old, teen, or the age he is suppose to be in their present.
    You are right. I'm just hoping here. I loved old Cable relation with Jean during revolution run (and they were mostly the only good things from his era imo)

But actually, you'e raising a fair point. If Wi-Fi dies, will them bring him back? Or old cable back? Or an amalgam of the two?
    Logic would want it to be the first option.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Why're people mad with the Kwannon retcon? It adds some spicy drama and keeps the Psylocke brand alive. Maybe it's just me being old, but I like conflict between characters even if they're on the same side. Kwannon v. Betsy is awesome. I wish Armor would come back to kick rocks at Jean again, too. Hisako v. Grey was my jam.
    Psylocke isnt really a brand and its not like she died

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    But too much male got replaced by female nowadays. So for some people, it is a big problem...
    Still puzzling what this statement is supposed to mean.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 11-15-2019 at 12:36 AM.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Very good book--the surprise hit of DoX, I think.

The unhappiness advance readers expressed ahead of its release on Twitter was totally unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cyclops and Marvel Girl would probably want to bring back the younger one as he’s the one they’re most emotionally attached to. The one closest to the Cable that they raised for 12 years.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Cyclops and Marvel Girl would probably want to bring back the younger one as he’s the one they’re most emotionally attached to. The one closest to the Cable that they raised for 12 years.
    Scott: Don't be silly. Parents don't have favorites--God DAMN IT, Rachel got turned back into a hound and lost in the timestream again!

Jean: Oh, I swear to--Scott, why don't we just have that damned girl chipped, already?

Scott: We never had these problems with Nathan.

Jean: Liar! Nathan was always causing wars and turning our students into para-militants!

Scott: I WAS TALKING ABOUT GOOD NATHAN!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Scott: Don't be silly. Parents don't have favorites--God DAMN IT, Rachel got turned back into a hound and lost in the timestream again!

Jean: Oh, I swear to--Scott, why don't we just have that damned girl chipped, already?

Scott: We never had these problems with Nathan.

Jean: Liar! Nathan was always causing wars and turning our students into para-militants!

Scott: I WAS TALKING ABOUT GOOD NATHAN!
    thats ironic considering she is wearing a dog collar

Because they took away parts of Betsy's character/identity and make them as Kwannon's
    Kwannon was a blank slate. An empath Asian Ninja was all her identity.
    The costume, the purple color, the butterfly, powerset were all part of Betsy's identity.
    The huge retcon - that she's always there inside Betsy's psyche despite Betsy being dead several times, went to astral plane in some occasions, interacted with some of the strongest psy out there and inhibited another new body - doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong, I really like FA #1 and the direction they're taking Kwannon. I'm also fine Kwannon replacing Betsy as the current bad ass female Asian Ninja, but she need her own identity aside from being an Asian Ninja.

IMO they could've made this more cleaner:
    - Let's her use the name Kwannon. Her choosing the name Psylocke is not believable if she want to reclaim her own identity. Maybe let people call her Psylocke for an arc or two but Kwannon should be her code name. Not to mention Kwannon has more deeper meaning in Asian culture.
    - Slight change in the costume/Or color scheme. Either way is fine.
    - No telekinesis. Telepathy should be fine since she was an empath anyway.
    - Ressurect her OG body using The Five. But of course, Marvel want more drama so they use Betsy's previous body instead.

But we knew that they're doing these because of money and would've to keep the Psylocke brand. So I guess the brand of Psylocke will continue, nonetheless.. a brand of contradictary.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

This book kicked ass

Giving Laura back her edge? Separating her from Gabby and Logan? Hell yeah

Kwannon is a badass and did seem different from old Betsy

Cable was even OK in this although I wish they gave him a better motivation for joining the squad... a little flippant.

Sinister came off amazing.

Magneto was a bit over the top for me, too villainous seeming.

Biggest downside which is probably not the writer's fault anyway: Kwannon calling herself Psylocke. That is such horseshit
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

oooooh! I need issue numbers lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Still puzzling what this statement is supposed to mean.
    In the last years / decade:
    Wolverine got replaced by X-23.
    Captain Marvel name is now used by a woman, again.
    Two female Thor.
    Three female Captain America from different universes.
    Female Hawkeye.
    Female Captain Brittain.
    Funny example: Lady Stilt-man.

It is me or females are lacks of originality!?

(And my english is baaaad...)

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    In the last years / decade:
    Wolverine got replaced by X-23.
    Captain Marvel name is now used by a woman, again.
    Two female Thor.
    Three female Captain America from different universes.
    Female Hawkeye.
    Female Captain Brittain.
    Funny example: Lady Stilt-man.

It is me or females are lacks of originality!?

(And my english is baaaad...)
    Do you have a problem with this in the DC universe, where basically every Superhero has a female version/female sidekick? Who cares what gender the character is currently holding the mantle?

Was Captain Marvel REALLY that popular or interesting before Carol took the name?
    Thor Odinson didn't disappear when Jane took over as Thor - he had his own book, and a very interesting arc.
    Funny you only want to focus on the Female Captain Americas...when we've had multiple men take over the role as well...Bucky and Falcon have both been Capts...
    Clint is still around...
    Betsy served as Captain Britain for a short time, and lets be honest, she's far more interesting than Brian

NOW back to FALLEN ANGELS

Is the current artist the artist for the entire first arc? I'm not a big fan...but I'm interested enough to push through the art. At least it's not Land...
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Do you have a problem with this in the DC universe, where basically every Superhero has a female version/female sidekick? Who cares what gender the character is currently holding the mantle?

Was Captain Marvel REALLY that popular or interesting before Carol took the name?
    Thor Odinson didn't disappear when Jane took over as Thor - he had his own book, and a very interesting arc.
    Funny you only want to focus on the Female Captain Americas...when we've had multiple men take over the role as well...Bucky and Falcon have both been Capts...
    Clint is still around...
    Betsy served as Captain Britain for a short time, and lets be honest, she's far more interesting than Brian

Is the current artist the artist for the entire first arc? I'm not a big fan...but I'm interested enough to push through the art. At least it's not Land...
    Thor Odinson was missing for months and then he got reduced to a man child. And don't forget about the bad characterisation of Odin.
    But I usually enjoyed the Jane as Thor stories.
    About female Captain Marvel: Monica >> Carol.
    I love the idea of Danny Cage being Captain America.
    Back to formelly strong males being reduced to man child: Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
    Steve Rogers is a mess...

I don't have got a big problem with the art. And it's better than the art in the current X-Men (Summersmen) comics.