Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I don't know how i'd feel about a Warren/Kwannon talk. She never consented to be in a relationship with him and yet...her body was used for one. I know she was technically dead at the time but still. And before someone attacks me about it, I know the body Betsy was using was made by Jamie. It doesn't change the fact that he made it in Kwannon's image.
    Thats all good an dandy but this was forced on Betsy. Whether it be Mojo/Sprial/Matsuo/the Hand. Yeah "Kwannon" can feel resenetment. But she wasnt the only victim.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, but Exterminated was something important, he had to be serious or everything ended on a bad future again. On X-force he was also serious trying to rescue Rachel.
    Meanwhile on X-men and Fallen Angels he is just chilling with his family and friends. I bet he will act serious when the time comes.
    But, but aren’t people always the same, always in the same mood, always moving forward and never back, and only ever using one set of words and catchphrases over and over. Speaking of which, Cable needs to say he’s going to X-sanction his enemies. That’d be hot and in-character.

This issue surprised me, I really enjoyed it. Psylocke interaction with Magneto and Sinister were the best part.

But I just can't help feeling bothered by the huge retcon surrounding Kwannon/Betsy.
    - When she killed herself (when she's Revanche) apparently she didn't just give part of Betsy's psyche back to her, but this issue suggest that her soul has been latching on inside Betsy's for years?
    - Betsy (in Kwannon's body) died in the hand of Vargas. Then Jamie construct a new body for Betsy. This is the body Kwannon's in at the moment, right.
    - So apparently her soul still inside Betsy's soul when Betsy's dead? And followed on with Betsy when Jamie construct a new body for Betsy's soul?
    - Or they retconning that Betsy never died - thus Jamie never construct a body for her?
    - Or Perhaps the retcon happened when Franklin Richard build the new marvel universe after Secret Wars, cancelling all the previous development and the canon is what's being told in this series.

I just felt that the real reason Kwannon has been dodging Betsy is because Marvel don't want to talk about the body swap/reverse thing and leave it like it is.

Wait, are they really suggesting that Kwannon's psyche has been in Betsy for years and no one ever noticed? This character is such a walking retcon, it's ridiculous.

I wanted to like this, but found the art so off-putting, it was difficult. This artist really needs to learn how to draw actual human faces and facial expressions. Changing an eyebrow arch from smooth to pointy doesn't count.

Such odd body language on display here too. Kwannon looked like she had a displaced hip most of the time. And why did teenage Cable look like a 43 year old man?

Magneto was hot though. But then he is Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Thats all good an dandy but this was forced on Betsy. Whether it be Mojo/Sprial/Matsuo/the Hand. Yeah "Kwannon" can feel resenetment. But she wasnt the only victim.
    Didn't Psylocke have the chance to go back to her original body in Uncanny X-Force's Otherworld arc?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Mr. Sinister as an ambivalent sadist taking quiet pleasure at the notion of Betsy being murdered (would you allow her to scream?), while silently controlling the dark side of the Island and holding himself above the likes of Apocalypse and Magneto, is a treat. I like that this book is more interested in the psychology of a damaged mind after a lifetime of violence, than in stylized action sequences and smug quipping. The artwork's focus on eyes, facial expressions, and moody lighting is interesting too. This feels more like a horror story than a superhero tale. Less X-Men, more True Detective.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I had low expectations going in - but the character (re)building for Psylocke/Kwannon and the story unfolding captured my interest. The art for me was mesmerizing for the most part - I really liked the different perspectives and close ups of parts of character’s faces or bodies. This is not regular X-men adventure fare, imo - and that makes me more interested in what Hill is trying to do here. This is a true ‘sleeper’ hit, imho and I hope it continues for a good long run; it deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Didn't Psylocke have the chance to go back to her original body in Uncanny X-Force's Otherworld arc?
    The body was being offered by Jamie. Who knows what comes alongside that offer considering how "sane" Jamie always been.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I had low expectations going in - but the character (re)building for Psylocke/Kwannon and the story unfolding captured my interest. The art for me was mesmerizing for the most part - I really liked the different perspectives and close ups of parts of character’s faces or bodies. This is not regular X-men adventure fare, imo - and that makes me more interested in what Hill is trying to do here. This is a true ‘sleeper’ hit, imho and I hope it continues for a good long run; it deserves it.
    Yeah. I like the notion that the titular fallen angels are the mutants themselves, slowly going back to their old ways. They have peace and shelter in plentitude, and all they have to do is accept it. But, they just can't do it. Their inner demons won't let them walk away from the game. For too long, we've been asking if Krakoa has been doing something to the mutants instead of asking if the mutants are deserving of Krakoa.

I enjoyed this issue a lot. I am definitely in on finding out more about who "Kwannon"was before the body merge thing happened all those years ago. I totally get the resentment that she had and why she kept the name Psylocke for herself from that one panel where she talked with Magneto and said that Braddock kept her body all those years, so she was keeping the name. I like the addition of Laura on this quest to find the Apoth guy. I also get a feeling that X-23's motivation is also to keep an eye on Psylocke too. Not too sure about Nate "Wi-Fi" Summers though. I liked the interactions she had with Mags and Sinster too...the manipulation games are strong. Some of the lines yes were a little off...but it wasn't as far off that i didn't enjoy it. And the art was fine in my opinion, set the tone of the book....its supposed to be a little dark and dramatic. Each new X book seems to have their own "tone" and this one sets up theirs nicely. 8/10
    AKA The Minutman Refugee aka Blaquesmith aka DaSynchster!

My problem is this Apoth guy. He clearly has no interest or beef with mutants, but Magneto is letting one develope anyway, under his watch. All he had to do was say no, and mean it. Chuck is dead, why are we making new enemies?

First of the relaunch where I put down the issue midway to do something else for a while. Not that impressive.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    My problem is this Apoth guy. He clearly has no interest or beef with mutants, but Magneto is letting one develope anyway, under his watch. All he had to do was say no, and mean it. Chuck is dead, why are we making new enemies?
    Apoth also has something to do with Kwannon's daughter so even if he doesn't have a personal issue with mutants. The Man/God has made Kwannon an enemy by his actions. Apoth would had become an issue eventually so why not deal with him now?
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Apoth also seems very much in line with post-human threats.