Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This was a surprise. A good one. The dynamics between Psylocke and Sinister/Magneto were very interesting. However, I couldn't care less about X-23 and Wi-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The final part where Kwannon manages to convince Sinister thanks to Cable's presence has reminded me that Sinister is technically his grandfather. After all, he even has his name. This is weird and fucked. I liked it.
    I liked that too. He's really obsessed with the Summers line.

One thing I didn't like was Kwannon acting like this superior mentor to Laura and Nate. Gurl has been dead for a decade while they were fighting for their lives. This could have worked with Betsy but Kwannon mmm

BANNED

Kwannon was an elite assassin. Her arrogance towards them befits her. As for the two of them, they like everyone on Krakoa find her strange and dangerous. They were looking for action, so they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Too many of the panels were close-up of faces. Gimme a break, bruv. Nice art, huh?
    Nice setup with good old Silver Age compression.

5/10.

Attachment 89323
    I didn't appreciate the art either. Would love a style similar to the cover art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

One thing I didn't like was Kwannon acting like this superior mentor to Laura and Nate. Gurl has been dead for a decade while they were fighting for their lives. This could have worked with Betsy but Kwannon mmm
    Even Betsy at this stage wouldn't work, at least for Laura. She's an adult, now, and has been a solo hero for almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Kwannon was an elite assassin. Her arrogance towards them befits her. As for the two of them, they like everyone on Krakoa find her strange and dangerous. They were looking for action, so they got it.
    Yeah maybe she's just arrogant. But I'm pretty sure Laura is more skilled and has been through much more than Kwannon. Nate lived in a freaking dystopian future.

I didn't appreciate the art either. Would love a style similar to the cover art.
    The art was amazing IMO in this issue and it fits the tone of the title more than the cover artist would have

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Emphasis on was. She hasnt been in the game in years whereas X-23 has been fighting almost consistently since she was 5 years old. She has enough experience and recent at that. Kwannon should have toned it down

where is Gambit and his the best ribs in the south then you need them

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This had the best character beats from any of the new books. Psylocke/Magneto, Psylocke/Sinister/ C23/Cable, Psylocke/X23, all great dynamic relationships. Loved that Laura and Sinister werent as cartoony as in recent books. Kwannon is being a far better Psylocke then Psylocke. Art was uneven but the highs were worth the lows and the new outfits were to die for. Cant wait for next issue.
    Exactly how I feel. I liked it more than I expected, and interested to see how they play this out.

Fantastic Member

i wanted to like it....but felt a bit flat.

I think that's supposed to be representative of pretensions on the characters part, rather then dynamic at this point.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emphasis on was. She hasnt been in the game in years whereas X-23 has been fighting almost consistently since she was 5 years old. She has enough experience and recent at that. Kwannon should have toned it down
    Eh. She doesn’t know them, sees them as children and is blunt. I don’t agree with her but I understand the characterization.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I liked the art, but this felt too convoluted, which is particularly bad with a character with a history like Kwannon (and, no, they didn't provide a decent reason for her to be called Psylocke).

I liked this issue a lot, other than Laura's voice ("I'm five by five with that" WTF) and I don't think they did a good enough job establishing why Kwannon would want to use the name Psylocke or wear Betsy's old costume. Other than that, she seems like an interesting character and I like what they're doing with her, I'll definitely keep reading.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I liked this issue a lot, other than Laura's voice ("I'm five by five with that" WTF) and I don't think they did a good enough job establishing why Kwannon would want to use the name Psylocke or wear Betsy's old costume. Other than that, she seems like an interesting character and I like what they're doing with her, I'll definitely keep reading.
    like i stated in the other thread, laura's "safe is lame" motivation feels reductive to me. kid cable is weird and also shallow. the new bad guy mystery just wasn't interesting and feels kinda Arkea-ish. i kind of lost interest halfway through reading it.