Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I didn't really have much interest in the book going in. It was alright. The story being built is intriguing, and Psy gets some much needed development and background. The addition of X and Bable feels kind of random right now, if I continue with the book I would hope their motivations are fleshed out. I thought the fight at the party scene was dumb. Hill wrote the boring Sinister instead of the fun Sinister. The art was not great. Way, way too many close ups of eyes and mouths. I know it's difficult to make dialogue heavy writing look good, but this was just unpleasant to look at. The colors were also really drab. Like, there is a way to use a darker moody color scheme without making everything in murky black shades. Not sure if I'll keep up with it.

Trying to build a character background using another character's signature isn't a good idea.
    What makes Kamala Khan works is that she is not like Carol Danvers at all.
    So we won't buy this generic Betsy Braddock.
    X-23, Cable and Sinister were out of character.
    Magneto was the only good characterization
    And the art sucks.

There is a saying that soldiers or warriors do not know how to live in peacetimes. Some people were not made to live in peace in paradise.

I like how Krakoa as a government acts the same as any other when it comes to dealing with difficult issues through unofficial channels or turning a blind eye .

Sinister is like the serpent in paradise .

Rank 8 of 10.

Well I think the new X-books has its first dud. It weird that Cable, who is apparently now just a mindless drone or soldier, and X-23 have been reduced to the other Psylocke’s lackeys cause “she can make butterflies”? Whatever that means. I get her motivations, but there motivation for being part of her personal mission, or mindlessly following her, was non existent or just flat out nonsense.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even the writer agrees that his writing was off with her in terms of some dialogue he wrote. Its not just fans making things up
    It's good that the writer have the good sense and is humble to admit this. Really great guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    What makes Kamala Khan works
    marketing push

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    marketing push
    you mean great writing

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you mean great writing
    no
    10chars

Trying to build a character background using another character's signature isn't a good idea.
    Do you not know who Miles Morales is? Or the entire Spider-Man brand?

Even the writer agrees that his writing was off with her in terms of some dialogue he wrote. Its not just fans making things up
    A line......

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Do you not know who Miles Morales is? Or the entire Spider-Man brand?
    To be fair Miles existed in an alternate universe and was already his own established character by the time he made it into 616 proper.

A line......
    Yes, which he acknowledged and owned. It was my only gripe with her in this issue

What makes Kamala Khan works is that she is not like Carol Danvers at all.
    So we won't buy this generic Betsy Braddock.
    X-23, Cable and Sinister were out of character.
    Magneto was the only good characterization
    And the art sucks.
    Yeah i thought the art would grow on me but it just isnt very good, and im glad more people are noticing how out of character X23 and cable were in this issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well I think the new X-books has its first dud. It weird that Cable, who is apparently now just a mindless drone or soldier, and X-23 have been reduced to the other Psylocke lackeys cause “she can make butterflies”? Whatever that means. I get her motivations, but there reason for being part of her personal mission, or mindlessly following her, was non existent.
    You don't understand why Laura would want to save kids. Or sympathize with a mother who lost her daughter. Mmmmmm.

To be fair Miles existed in an alternate universe and was already his own established character by the time he made it into 616 proper.
    Miles was literally built off of Peter Parker’s death and namesake. Whether he was in 616, 1610, 295, 1218, it doesn’t erase that he’s also a legacy that was able to become his own character through the Spidey brand. Which is what Hill is doing with Psy.

Yes, which he acknowledged and owned. It was my only gripe with her in this issue
    I thought you were referring to the debate around X-23’s character in this thread which was generally about her presence as role in the book and not necessarily a particular line.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    You don't understand why Laura would want to save kids. Or sympathize with a mother who lost her daughter. Mmmmmm.
    They didn’t save ****, and Psylocke’s call to arms was hey you guys look bored, follow me so I can murder this dude. While Laura might be sympathetic, It makes no sense for either to just mindlessly follow and take orders from a relatively stranger like they are. Laura and Nate are two of the most experienced warriors on the island, not mindless killer “caterpillars” who will do anything just to get away from their dads.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-13-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think most people dont take issue with Laura wanting to help psy with her child tortured and abuses kids hits home pretty hard for Laura, she just seems off character in her mannerisms and motivations ( prior to learning about psylokes baby) . Sparring in front of a bond fire because "safety is lame" kinda cringe inducing, Laura has always bin pretty stoic but that shell has softened over the years shes by no means a social butterfly but this just was way off and her wanting to setp out of Logans shadow comment didnt make any sense either another aspect of her character she has overcome some time ago