Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

What a pleasant surprise this book was. It saved the bad taste left from reading X-men #2. This title inched really close to my favorite title for DOX. Loving the art and the dark atmosphere. Completely loved it. Sinister actually came off as a bit creepy here and imo better written then Hickman’s version from HOX. All in all so glad I picked this title up.

This book! Wow! I initially was going to pass on it completely, and had already assumed it would be the weakest book of DoX Phase 1. But I bought the book just to give it a chance and I was very surprised at how good it was. The wordplay between Psylocke (as she wants to be known) and both Magneto and Sinister was so well written. This officially makes the "flagship" book X-Men the weakest opener IMO, so ironic. I only hope more people give this book a chance like I did, otherwise I do fear it for a short run and early cancellation. This book needs word of mouth on how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This book! Wow! I initially was going to pass on it completely, and had already assumed it would be the weakest book of DoX Phase 1. But I bought the book just to give it a chance and I was very surprised at how good it was. The wordplay between Psylocke (as she wants to be known) and both Magneto and Sinister was so well written. This officially makes the "flagship" book X-Men the weakest opener IMO, so ironic. I only hope more people give this book a chance like I did, otherwise I do fear it for a short run and early cancellation. This book needs word of mouth on how good it is.
    Exactly how I feel word for word. I’m worried that this book with be the first to get cancelled out of the DOX titles. Hopefully I’m wrong about that. This title saved me after the bad taste left in my mouth from X-men #2. Hell the short conversations that Psylocke had with Magneto and Sinister were written better then anything from Hickman’s X-men so far.

Credit where it is due, this was about a million times better than I thought it would be.

Very interesting corner of the current bigger picture.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Exactly how I feel word for word. I’m worried that this book with be the first to get cancelled out of the DOX titles. Hopefully I’m wrong about that. This title saved me after the bad taste left in my mouth from X-men #2. Hell the short conversations that Psylocke had with Magneto and Sinister were written better then anything from Hickman’s X-men so far.
    I don't think it'll get cancelled now. I bet the first issue will be the lowest selling but if they keep the quality up, it's the book less likely to lose readers. Also, all the Dawn of X books are running on the good word of mouth that resulted from HOX/POX.

I liked the book and what it does for Psylocke, but X23 seems basic and teen Cable is just too immature to like.

Also, I do feel it explains why Kwannon is now Psylocke. First, Kwannon has negative connotations for her. And second, her dialogue reveals she has resentment towards Betsy. She surely knows it wasn't Betsy's fault but it does make sense she resents her. By going by Psylocke, she's giving a middle finger to Betsy. Betsy "stole" her identity and Psylocke needs therapy. However, we know the real reason is so MARVEL could have their sexy Asian ninja.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 11-13-2019 at 06:07 PM.

I wasn't expecting to like this book: little interest in X-23, Cable or Psylocke and the art is not what I'm normally drawn to. However, I really enjoyed this book and it's one of my favorites of the debut issues of the Dawn Of X titles. I'm looking forward to issue 2.
    This and X-Force are the strongest books for me and I had low expectations for that one also.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Some people are complaining about Cable being weird, but that is the twist, Cable acts like that because he is a kid not a war veteran and for the moment I have liked that (I still love old Cable, i'm just explaining that this behavior is not something bad)

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I enjoyed the first issue but I'm gonna need some more scenes between Kwannon and the X-Men. I am really curious about how they view her as a person.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I enjoyed the first issue but I'm gonna need some more scenes between Kwannon and the X-Men. I am really curious about how they view her as a person.
    Agreed. I need a Dazzler, Rogue, and Storm scene with Kwannon very soon in the future. I also wouldn't mind an interaction with Cyclops, Jean, Emma, and Warren
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Some people are complaining about Cable being weird, but that is the twist, Cable acts like that because he is a kid not a war veteran and for the moment I have liked that (I still love old Cable, i'm just explaining that this behavior is not something bad)
    he didnt act like this in X-Force or Extermination. We had 10 months worth of stories with him where his personality was defined and Hickman's take on him is vastly different. Brisson wrote him as younger but he didnt come across this immature and juvenile. He's played up for laughs and it doesnt fir the character. The jokes fall flat and the stuff he does is cringeworthy. Biting a monster octopus? Really?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    he didnt act like this in X-Force or Extermination. We had 10 months worth of stories with him where his personality was defined and Hickman's take on him is vastly different. He's played up for laughs and it doesnt fir the character. The jokes fall flat and the stuff he does is cringeworthy. Biting a monster octopus? Really?
    Yes, but Exterminated was something important, he had to be serious or everything ended on a bad future again. On X-force he was also serious trying to rescue Rachel.
    Meanwhile on X-men and Fallen Angels he is just chilling with his family and friends. I bet he will act serious when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, but Exterminated was something important, he had to be serious or everything ended on a bad future again. On X-force he was also serious trying to rescue Rachel.
    Meanwhile on X-men and Fallen Angels he is just chilling with his family and friends. I bet he will act serious when the time comes.
    On Fallen Angels I didn’t mind cable at all. He was dreadfully annoying in every single panel of X-men though.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-13-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Agreed. I need a Dazzler, Rogue, and Storm scene with Kwannon very soon in the future. I also wouldn't mind an interaction with Cyclops, Jean, Emma, and Warren
    I don't know how i'd feel about a Warren/Kwannon talk. She never consented to be in a relationship with him and yet...her body was used for one. I know she was technically dead at the time but still. And before someone attacks me about it, I know the body Betsy was using was made by Jamie. It doesn't change the fact that he made it in Kwannon's image.
    Last edited by saahir; 11-13-2019 at 07:57 PM.

I'll cry Hill give us a scene of the X-Men welcoming and accepting Kwannon as Psylocke.

Long live Kwannon! As someone who always thought Betsy should go back to her body and that Kwannon get to keep the Psylocke name and psychic ninja angle, this recent DoX period has been great, and this issue in particular just opened up a whole new arena for Kwannon. Very cool. I'm not even into X-23 and Wifi, but they were fine here. Surprisingly good.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!