Default Taskmaster vs Nightwing

Taskmaster vs Nightwing

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Does Nightwing have the kind of gear he'll need to somehow manage to kill Tasky before Tasky either blows him up, shoots him dead, or stabs him to death in close-combat?

Tasky jobs a lot, but when he's on the ball and PIS is shut down, we're talking about a comic book peak human who's skilled enough to hang with the top people, has a massive arsenal of weapons (including comic-y ones, like Hawkeye's bow and arrows), has a shield and can use it like Cap, who can if necessary double-time, who the longer the fight drags on the more he'll be able to predict his opponent's moves....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Even Batman would have trouble beating Taskmaster.

I can never remember, does Tasky have just the one bullet time feat(which has a few asterisks thus by itself isn't enough) or multiple ones?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I can never remember, does Tasky have just the one bullet time feat(which has a few asterisks thus by itself isn't enough) or multiple ones?
    So, he has two, if I recall correctly.

1. He deflects bullets at one point in the regular Marvel stuff (I can't recall how...my brain wants to say it was with chains or with DD's clubs);
    2. He catches a bullet in his limited series, but he does it in EXACTLY the same fashion and circumstance as the guy he was copying did it. Once.

My issue with the second feat -- that asterisk -- is twofold:

A - Again, he replicates a catch-bullet feat he witnessed EXACTLY. It's pretty much the same distance, it's the exact same hand movement, it's likely the same timing, etc. One might say 'but he still needs to have the reflexes' etc; sure, but at the same time much to-do is made about the fact that he's copying the first guy who caught a bullet.

B - In either the exact same issue or the one before, and basically in the same fight (he's making his way up to the penthouse of an apartment building, fighting enemies the whole way), he gets into a little battle with a bunch of security guards (normal humans). He then monologues (in narration) about having watched Kung Fu movies at double speed and can now speed himself up to twice his normal speed (it's comics, roll with it), only it wrecks his body to do this. So...what happens? He kills all of the guards, sure. He also gets shot. Twice. When supposedly at double his speed (and by the time he gets up to the penthouse to do his bullet-catch, he has explicitly burned himself out and can't continue the 'double-timing' as people have called it).

So this, to me, is not a terribly convincing demonstration of 'bullet-time speed'.

Which leaves him with maybe-one if I'm recalling correctly.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate