• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

9 39.13%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

7 30.43%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

2 8.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Maybe I read the issue too quickly...but where was there an indication that Jason might come back?
    No hints that Prince J is back that I could find...just a cryptic line about some 'dark Fates'.

Sure, I'd welcome Jay back, ..hopefully without that horrid, over-designed mess of a costume! If I'm forced to live in a universe with Cassie in it, ..I can certainly tolerate Prince Jason, until some writer kills off his ugly, magic uniform and turns him into the new OLYMPIAN. Somebody's going to be the Olympian- why not him?

Do we really need him back, now that Hercules is heroic, again...superhero of Twin Pea...koff, koff, ..Lexinore? The American Northwest needs a champion--why not Herc? You can always count on WW writers bringing him back, ..and he's lousy, as a villain.I

I'm with Mizuno on bringing the Wonder Family together, as a team of their own: Wonder Woman, Troy, Artemis, the Queen, Nubia, Fury, Hercules ..and (I guess) Cassie! As I recall, Sargon the Sorcerer, from Sensation Comics, and Diana had some connection, through their rubies - maybe, he could stand in for Mister Genie, ..giving the Wonder Family a resident sorcerer.

I like how the I-Jet was used, but not crazy it couldn't have been rebuilt by Amazons, using technology that Aunt Astarte brought back from wandering the stars. Don't understand the Jet-hatred, out there! Amazons like to haul stuff, like dogs, gardening supplies, other Amazons and Kangas - I-Jet makes sense to me!I

And where's Wonder Mutt? Bring him back!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-16-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

A solid issue. Not great, but solid.

We get a decent motivation for Cheetah. The lasso appears after three months of nobody remembering it exists. Diana is proactive.

One thing though - when did Cheetah get tied up with the lasso? I do not remember that at all.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

All-New Member

This issue doesn't look very inviting to me. Cartoonish art work? Another writer? Where are we headed here? Donna and Cassie back is okay but Jason needs relevance. Having him supped up doesn't work for me. Find him a role somewhere else and occasionally show up to lend a hand.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sciquest2525 View Post
    This issue doesn't look very inviting to me. Cartoonish art work? Another writer? Where are we headed here? Donna and Cassie back is okay but Jason needs relevance. Having him supped up doesn't work for me. Find him a role somewhere else and occasionally show up to lend a hand.
    Or just not at all ever again.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    A solid issue. Not great, but solid.

We get a decent motivation for Cheetah. The lasso appears after three months of nobody remembering it exists. Diana is proactive.

One thing though - when did Cheetah get tied up with the lasso? I do not remember that at all.
    It inexplicably showed up at the end of #81 binding Cheetah but it was easy to miss because it wasn't glowing or yellow. It appears Orlando may be repairing a mistake, but had it been a regular rope she would have been strong enough to break free. Still it's hard to imagine Diana leaving it there because Ares and Grail remained captured without restraints.

My question is, what happened to the magic tree Ares was inside during Rucka's run? At the start of Wilson's he was just deep underground probably behind Doom's Doorway (if that's still a thing in Rebirth). Iirc besides Ares, there was talk somewhere of the Amazons guarding the outside world from evils deep under the island.

2.5 out of 5 or an average issue, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Sciquest2525 View Post
    I agree with all of the above.

I don't think cartoonish style, outside of a Bruce Timm cartoon, helps make a case for Cheetah, as uber-villain of the Wonderverse. She looks a little like Tawky Tawny, here...not good.

I'm a little suspicious of the no-Jason-no-way position, because of I've seen other more annoying characters, like post-Byrne, pet super-girlfriend Cassie, given a second chance to be improved. Prince Jason can be brought back, powered down to Troy's level, given a cool codename, better uniform and settled somewhere in the DCU, ..like Gateway or Greece. Like Donna or Cassie, he would be one more Wonder Family member, who lived a superheroic life, outside of the comic. under those conditions, I don't see why his existence should be so intolerable to us.

Again...somebody's got to be the Olympian; so, why not Jason?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-19-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!