Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
While I like the Juggernaut 2-parter, I actually prefer a lot of Stern’s other stories, such as Vulture’s revenge arc, the Roxxon Tarantula story where he turns into a giant spider, the Mr Hyde arc, and of course the Hobgoblin storyline (at least what he wrote before other writers took it over and messed it up). I read all of those more often than the Juggernaut 2-parter, although I see why others like it as it showcases Peter’s perseverance in the face of enormous odds.... but then again the Lee/Ditko ‘Master Planner’ arc accomplished that even more efficiently.

While we’re on the topic of Stern, I thought his brief comeback during the BND era was a dud. The ‘Blank’ story was very dull... ah well.
I agree that the Master Planner Arc was better then the Juggernaut story, but I consider ASM 31-33 to be the greatest comic book series I ever read, so the comparison is a bit unfair. Despite it not being on that level, I still put it in the Top 5 stories in the History of Spider-Man. If I ranked them I might go. 10:Spider-Man No More ( along with ASM 33 my favorite Cover). 9: Spider Island ( this from someone who is no Slott fan). 8: Tablet Series. 7:"Death of Jean DeWolffe. 6: ASM 121-122 ( Although 122 is my second favorite issue behind you guessed it ASM 33). 5: Amazing Fantasy 15. 4: Juggernaut. 3: Kid Who Collected Spider-Man. 2: Kraven's Last Hunt. 1: Master Planner Arc.