I feel like the time is right for a new Spider-Man animated series, and a good one, for several reasons:
  1. They have the perfect platform for it: Disney+. Thus, no middleman and they can just make the best stories they can make.
  2. Kevin Feige is the new creative lead of Marvel, thus increasing our chances of good animation.
  3. Jeph Loeb is likely no longer at Marvel, thus increasing our chances of good animation even more.

Jeph Loeb was the one who was responsible for all Marvel animation, and under him the crap they put out was the kind that only a five year old could enjoy. He openly thinks cartoons are dumb, despite being in the position to make them, and lo and behold all the crap we got. But now there's a very real chance to get a good Spider-Man animated series again. It's unlikely to be Spectacular Spider-Man though, both due to time passed and it still being owned by Sony, but we can still get something great.

Here's how I'd do it:
  1. I'd set Spider-Man as part of a shared world, similar to Spider-Man: The Animated Series in this regard, but the focus is still primarily on his corner. We do get the occasional crossover, but never at the cost of his own mythos.
  2. The lore would be "remixed" in a way similar to other series. Spidey and his setting is modernized with Spidey and his cast being Gen Z from the start, similar to how Spider-Man PS4 did it. I would give some villains new backstories and appearances, like how Mr. Negative got his powers from Osborn in PS4, to better tie the lore together.
  3. Overall, it distills many elements of different verses, such as the 616 comics (Lee-Ditko, '80s, present), Ultimate, the Raimi Trilogy, the MCU, PS4, and other animated series, to make for a unique take.
  4. Going with the shared world idea, I would spin-off other series from this, such as X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the Avengers, with crossover potential across the board.
  5. Each season has a different story but is tied together by common plot threads. The first models itself after Lee-Ditko being about Spidey's origins to becoming his own man, the second is about a more experienced Spider-Man with more appearances from other Marvel properties in the mix like in the '80s, the third is the Symbiote arc, the fourth is about Spidey's adventures in the wide universe, and the fifth is a back to basics return to form.

Anyways, what ideas do you have? Discuss.