Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wouldn't mind a Spider-Girl animated series based off the DeFalco/Frenz comic tbh. Honestly, it amazes me how little exposure she's gotten, despite being the longest continuously running female led title in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Spider-Girl animated series based off the DeFalco/Frenz comic tbh. Honestly, it amazes me how little exposure she's gotten, despite being the longest continuously running female led title in comics.
    The problem with Mayday is the PeterxMJ relationship which her existence hinges on, and Marvel was at a period where they were severely downplaying or ignoring that relationship across the board, so not likely they'd prominently spotlight a character like Mayday in mass media.

But things are very different now.

Mighty Member

I'd also love to see an adult Spider-Man, but I imagine Disney would want the cartoon to reflect the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    -- Spider-Man Life Story, a Netflix series that adapts Zdarsky's entire story with decade-per-season done as an animated series. I am also okay with a miniseries say 12 one-hour episodes, with each decade covered in two episodes so you can get a density in packing and getting as much detail out of each period into as economical a space as possible. This also allows Netflix to do a deeper-dive into each era than Zdarsky could since he had to pack it in 40 pages of comics, whereas they could have 2 hours per decade, which is a whole movie. So this could be a series of movies.
    I'd love Life Story adapted as a live action miniseries. Instead of the decade by decade structure maybe they could do something akin to Spider-Man Blue or To Have and To Hold. Something happens in the present that drives the main characters to recall events from the past, and stories of past and present unfold as the season progresses.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 11-14-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I'd also love to see an adult Spider-Man, but I imagine Disney would want the cartoon to reflect the movies.

I'd love Life Story adapted as a live action miniseries. Instead of the decade by decade structure maybe they could do something akin to Spider-Man Blue or To Have and To Hold. Something happens in the present that drives the main characters to recall events from the past, and stories of past and present unfold as the season progresses.
    Disney had nothing to do with the bad state of animation. They're pretty hands off actually, and almost all the faults were from the people running Marvel. I don't think Disney would actively prevent an adult Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The problem with Mayday is the PeterxMJ relationship which her existence hinges on, and Marvel was at a period where they were severely downplaying or ignoring that relationship across the board, so not likely they'd prominently spotlight a character like Mayday in mass media.

But things are very different now.
    Let’s be real here. Marvel has never gotten rid of MJ. Even when she’s not in the comics, she’s in a million other forms of media(cartoons, video games, movies...).

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Let’s be real here. Marvel has never gotten rid of MJ. Even when she’s not in the comics, she’s in a million other forms of media(cartoons, video games, movies...).
    Yeah, MJ is too ingrained into the Spider-Man mythos to really get rid of her.

Marvel hasn't tried that hard to get rid of her anyways, she keeps coming back in the comics, and they don't have to do that, nor did they have to approve of RYV, or let Spencer use her as a love interest, or give her a mini, they know that she helps in making money and they want that, but if they truly wanted to get rid of her, at least in the comics she could be gone and never return.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Marvel hasn't tried that hard to get rid of her anyways, she keeps coming back in the comics, and they don't have to do that, nor did they have to approve of RYV, or let Spencer use her as a love interest, or give her a mini, they know that she helps in making money and they want that, but if they truly wanted to get rid of her, at least in the comics she could be gone and never return.
    Dan Slott says hi. He removed her, and he is not the only one. Marvel has tried numerous times to replace her ( not just OMD). Some writter favoring say Felicia, Gwen or Cindy come to mind. But try as they may, they fail. How come? Most Spider-Man fans prefer her. Why? 1:"She is a great character with many aspects to her. 2: She mixes well with Pete.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-15-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Dan Slott says hi. He removed her, and he is not the only one. Marvel has tried numerous times to replace her ( not just OMD). Some writter favoring say Felicia, Gwen or Cindy come to mind. But try as they may, they fail. How come? Most Spider-Man fans prefer her. Why? 1:"She is a great character with many aspects to her. 2: She mixes well with Pete.
    The problem I have with that is that I don’t really feel the need to include her in every waking moment of Peter’s life. It’s annoying that with all the characters the current Spider-Man show already has, people keep on clamoring for MJ.

That’s why I wanted a Beyond-esque show. Many of the current Spider-Man characters are just crutches by this point.

I know they could never get rid of her, but there was a period where it felt like they were severely downplaying or outright ignoring her across all media for a time, and that what's I was referring to.

I think it's telling that Marvel's Spider-Man, a cartoon that's primarily based around the Dan Slott era of Spider-Man, hasn't used her at all but had enough time to introduce Anna Maria Marconi and do her whole love story with Doc Ock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Yeah, MJ is too ingrained into the Spider-Man mythos to really get rid of her.
    And I think people are starting to really realize that.
    The problem I have with that is that I don’t really feel the need to include her in every waking moment of Peter’s life. It’s annoying that with all the characters the current Spider-Man show already has, people keep on clamoring for MJ.
    Well, yeah, because she's probably the most significant character in the mythos that the show hasn't done anything with.

It would be like a Superman cartoon that went on and never featured Lois Lane.

I would love to see some romance in Spidey's cartoon again.

Astonishing Member

I’d honestly be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    And that's why I said they haven't tried that hard, they could've left her dead when that plane blew up, or they could've left her to rot in San Francisco after Slott's Superior Spider-Man, but they're not that committed, and again, she helps to make money, so they never let her be truly gone, but keeping her away wouldn't be that hard if they really wanted to, she's just a character, getting rid of her in the comics would be easy if they wanted to risk the cost of losing some money, but they just don't, and nowadays Marvel has stopped trying anyways, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I would love to see some romance in Spidey's cartoon again.
    Yeah, honestly, romance is something that is on Spidey's core, since Ditko's era with that bad romance, Spidey cartoons avoiding romance just feels like something is missing.

Funny that while cartoons never did that (I think? Haven't seen the really old ones...), New 52 was somewhat doing that, while Lois was still around, it wasn't much, and she wasn't really developed.

It's kinda funny that sometimes, Marvel and DC commit the same mistakes at the same-ish time, 'cause trying to kick Lois/MJ away is just wrong for the mythos of both characters.

I’d honestly be ok with that.
    But most of the people won't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    But most of the people won't.
    You act as though it hasn’t been done before.