Default Best Takes on Spider-Man for a Decade (2010-2019)

There have been plenty of discussions of best of the last decade, so I decided to include this one.
    You can count the comics if you want to, or parts of certain takes adapting the character outside the comics. If you want to explain why it would be nice, sharing thoughts is a good thing.

• Comics we've had for last decade may include guest appearances too, or tie-ins to shows and movies and games.
    • We've had one animated movie, 4 live action ones, and three movies with him as a guest star.
    • Two animated shows. He also appears in some episodes of the anime Marvel: Disk Wars (you can count it if you've seen it)
    • Four games from Beenox, one from Insomniac. And spots in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, LEGO Marvel 1&2, an online rpg. You can count mobile games if you feel inclined to do so.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    There have been plenty of discussions of best of the last decade, so I decided to include this one.
    You can count the comics if you want to, or parts of certain takes adapting the character outside the comics. If you want to explain why it would be nice, sharing thoughts is a good thing.

• Comics we've had for last decade may include guest appearances too, or tie-ins to shows and movies and games.
    • We've had one animated movie, 4 live action ones, and three movies with him as a guest star.
    • Two animated shows. He also appears in some episodes of the anime Marvel: Disk Wars (you can count it if you've seen it)
    • Four games from Beenox, one from Insomniac. And spots in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, LEGO Marvel 1&2, an online rpg. You can count mobile games if you feel inclined to do so.
    (in no order)
    -- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    -- Spider-Man PS4
    -- Spider-Man Life Story
    -- Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis/Bagley/Pichelli i.e. Death of Spider-Man, and Miles Morales early issues, as well as Spider-Men I and Spider-Men II
    -- Jody Houser's Renew Your Vows #19.
    -- Chip Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man run but especially My Dinner with Jonah.
    -- Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man issues, specifically "Spider-Bite".
    -- Nick Spencer's two-part Boomerang issues at the Bar with No Name,
    -- Hunted.
    -- ASM #29.

The easy answers are obviously Into The Spider-Verse and Insomniac's PS4 game, which are probably the two best Spider-Man things of this past decade, that are not only excellent movie and game in their own right, but outstanding adaptations and portrayals of all the characters involved.

As for the other films, I would argue that Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man is one of the best iterations of Spidey in any media, even if the rest of the Amazing films have their issues, probably only rivalled by other performances like Christopher Daniel Barnes, Josh Keaton, and Yuri Lowenthal. And for me personally, I really enjoy Tom Holland's take on Peter and Spider-Man and think he's a good addition to the Spider-Verse, even though I know that's a more controversial opinion.

On the comic side meanwhile, I'd say pretty much whichever Spidey stories you liked the most, main 616 or alt-universe, would be ones to add to the list. I would probably say Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter and Miles), Spider-Island & Spider-Verse, Renew Your Vows, Superior Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Spidey, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Spider-Man: Life Story.
    Last edited by Inversed; 01-09-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Nick Spencer/Steve Lieber.

Finale, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310 by Chip Zdarsky. My Dinner With Jonah from Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #6 as well.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse. The best Spider-Man film ever and second only to The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon as the best Spider-Man outside the comics.

Spider-Man making his long awaited MCU debut in Captain America: Civil War.

Big Time under Dan Slott.

The Superior Spider-Man saga by Dan Slott, Christos Gage and especially Christopher Yost, he's the SpOck writer.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 01-09-2020 at 10:22 PM.

LEGO games deserve recognition for being true to the character and making him impressive. But the first game kinda downgraded a few of the other heroes when he's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As for the other films, I would argue that Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man is one of the best iterations of Spidey in any media,
    He was given the best movements Spidey ever displayed on film.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Lightbulb

616 I'll go with - Superior Spider-Man, Spiderverse, and Spider-Island for my top three.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Spider-Man PS4 easily. In terms of comics, Big Time/No One Dies was the best IMO.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man