Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More like people dont care. This isnt an apology to the Psylocke fans that arent please with how she's had alot of her iconic imagery and motifs stripped from her
    They want their politically correct sexy asian ninja babe cake and want to eat it too. It's a shame that they don't know what else to do with Kwannon, so they steal from the character that made Kwannon popular.

Also "Kwannon" is a shackle, but Psylocke (Betsy's literal slave name on Mojo) isn't? Gimme a break.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyButterfly View Post
    They want their politically correct sexy asian ninja babe cake and want to eat it too. It's a shame that they don't know what else to do with Kwannon, so they steal from the character that made Kwannon popular.

Also "Kwannon" is a shackle, but Psylocke (Betsy's literal slave name on Mojo) isn't? Gimme a break.
    I think they clearly know what to do with Kwannon, or else Hill wouldn’t have had a pitch for her.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Yes, that's why I'm not a fan of most of the retcons I witnessed. It always make things more convoluted and complicated.

Betsy : Kwannon
    Jean : Phoenix/Maddie
    Monet : Twins/Penance

At least as you say, it gives us subjects to talk about.
    What a cluster lol

I have been comparing the Betsy/Kwannon situation with Jean/Phoenix but yes the M, Mtwins/penance thing also applies. It is so confusing but it is so super hero comics. I re-read X-men 32 just to remind myself how convoluted the whole Betsy/Kwannon swap/merger was. It is hard to keep straight at times.

I did notice some butterfly imagery with Kwannon in X-men 32 so I guess we can say that the butterfly thing is another aspect that both Betsy and Kwannon have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    When she got the opportunities to go back to her british body and refused.
    When she was constantly expressing how glad she was to have an external appearance that fit the warrior within or whatever bs.
    When she started acting like a dragon lady.
    The fact Kwannon died of the Legacy virus gotta be extra salt on the wound. We never knew how the virus was contracted because the 90s writers were hacks but would Betsy have been the one to bite the dust if the bodyswap never happened? I mean from an in-universe perspective inb4 "but it was the writers blah blah blah"
    lol ALLLLL this
    Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Yes, that's why I'm not a fan of most of the retcons I witnessed. It always make things more convoluted and complicated.

Betsy : Kwannon
    Jean : Phoenix/Maddie
    Monet : Twins/Penance
    Monet being the Twins ain't retcon tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not Betsy fault, doesn't mean she doesn't feel guilty
    Yeah, that's my impression. She's not a horrible person, so of course she feels bad, even if it's not her fault.

But she's not exactly wearing a hair shirt and beating herself up all the time over it, so her level of guilt appears healthy and normal, just enough to show that she's not a psychopath (nor neurotic about it).

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah...

No one's asking the important question. How should Kwannon kill Warren, Neal, Hercules, Alt Sabretooth, Fantomex, Cluster, and adult Cable? Did I miss anyone?
    Why would she want to kill Hercules?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why would she want to kill Hercules?
    He had an one night stand with Psylocke at some point.

Anyway, I can see why Betsy would feel the blame. She enjoyed that warrior body.
    And I see why Kwannon would blame her. As is is being depicted lately, she retained some sort of conciousness and knew it.

When Revange died, a huge energy flare went from her body to Betsy.
    Originally it was thought it was just the half of her powers that was in that body, but now I guess we have to think it was also what was left of Kwannons soul.

I need these two to have an actual conversation but it seems like they are delaying it

I need these two to have an actual conversation but it seems like they are delaying it
    What would you have them say to each other?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol ALLLLL this

Monet being the Twins ain't retcon tho
    Wasn't it? It was something revealed later that changed certain aspects of the stories told before (the Monet that we were introduced to in the Phalanx story as well as the first part of Gen X wasn't the "real" Monet, etc). That qualifies as a retcon in my opinion. I was initially pissed at the retcon because the original Monet was my favorite and I liked better than the "real' one which was trapped in the Penance.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did Laura say hi to her dad yet? It's 5 years.
    "Cable was right!"

Her original body was killed in Sisterhood. It was imperfect and Dazzler did some serious damage to it. Betsy didnt have much choice there
    It was nothing any basic mutant healer couldn't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Wasn't it? It was something revealed later that changed certain aspects of the stories told before (the Monet that we were introduced to in the Phalanx story as well as the first part of Gen X wasn't the "real" Monet, etc). That qualifies as a retcon in my opinion. I was initially pissed at the retcon because the original Monet was my favorite and I liked better than the "real' one which was trapped in the Penance.
    Nothing changed about the character per as.....the Twins were always supposed to be M there wasn't a real M at first
    GrindrStone(D)

I want to see these two fight it out. Then through some crazy way they merge into one. All seems well, but then out of nowhere Apocalypse takes their body for himself.

FLX23n8.jpg
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    He had an one night stand with Psylocke at some point.

Anyway, I can see why Betsy would feel the blame. She enjoyed that warrior body.
    And I see why Kwannon would blame her. As is is being depicted lately, she retained some sort of conciousness and knew it.

When Revange died, a huge energy flare went from her body to Betsy.
    Originally it was thought it was just the half of her powers that was in that body, but now I guess we have to think it was also what was left of Kwannons soul.
    And apparently, even after Betsy died Kwannon’s soul somehow still attached to Betsy’s. So when Betsy was resurrected by Jamie, her soul was also brought alongside Betsy’s. I think thats the new canon.

That body seems to draw spirits or has other spirits. In new Exiles Betsy has to kill Lady Mandarin spirit in her body and reclaimed that body. Or was it Kwannon all along?