Incredible Member

Default The new set up for the X books

So, I have t read an X Men title is YEARS. But my interest is piqued as I read about the new set up.

Give me a readers perspective- should I read HOX/POX for a fresh start or no?

Your thoughts?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    So, I have t read an X Men title is YEARS. But my interest is piqued as I read about the new set up.

Your thoughts?
    Yes, read the both of them and you will get a full understanding of what the current status of the X-verse is. On top of them, both mini series are great reads!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Your thoughts?
    Hi. You definitely should read HoX/PoX. it's a great jumping in point. And this series was really great imo.

The collected edition of HoX/PoX should be out before Christmas, and they said it was going to be in the correct reading order. I also think they are going to do a collection of the Dawn of X books #1's in the correct reading order.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

As long as you are "open minded" and realize this is like a radical departure from the previous canon then you're good.

I think a lot of it is interesting but Powers of X in particular got VERY sci-fi and wonky, but maybe you like that
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Your thoughts?
    I stopped reading when Claremont left (the first time!) and HoX/PoX has got me reading X-Men again.
    Recommended.

I started collecting X-men again during HOX/POX and have been hooked ever since. Just be careful because it’s not for everyone. Some fans still aren’t sold on this new direction and I can’t say I blame them. It’s a huge departure from what’s come before. For some it’s a welcome change and for others it not.