Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Predicting the post-Dawn of X status quo...

What do you predict will happen after the Dawn of X storyline is finished, and what will be the status quo? What do you think will be the overall Dawn of X storyline? It'll be fun to look back and see what our predictions were, and how they line up with what happened. Keeping in mind there are at least three waves of books, it's safe to say this will last a few years. However, they've promised that Dawn of X will change the X-Men and mutantkind's place in the Marvel Universe forever, so I hope that holds true.

My prediction is that this will lead to some kind of conflict with mutants and non-mutants, some calling it "World War X", but eventually it leads to peace when both sides align for a common goal and stand united. There being some big message about acceptance to one and other. Then it leads to a new initiative, called the Day of X -- which is the antithesis to Dawn of X, where it's about mutants finally co-existing with non-mutants, the dream they've wanted for so long. Krakoa opens it's doors to all, and we'll get all kinds of new stories of out of it. Of course, it's a bumpy road as the anti-mutants will still exists, but it's the point of progression finally being reached as opposed to being stuck in the same status quo of nothing but mutant racism.

Anyways, what do you predict?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

An Earth without humans (or any living organism without an X-gene for that matter) at last for mutantkind to fill the Earth and subdue?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    An Earth without humans (or any living organism without an X-gene for that matter) at last for mutantkind to fill the Earth and subdue?
    KrakoAmen. We won't settle for anything less then complete world domination.

BANNED

I need a spread page of Captain America kneeling before Cyclops to drive the point home. Drawn by Marvel current top artist.

Well that was an epic backfire if I ever saw one. This is why many X-regulars scare me IRL.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-14-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I need a spread page of Captain America kneeling before Cyclops to drive the point home. Drawn by Marvel current top artist.
    Only after the four-part miniseries called Death of A where Tony Stark dies after *mistakenly* ingesting some poisonous Krakoan drugs

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    We should get a full series of variant covers like this.

Cap kneeling to Cyclops.

Scarlet Witch cleaning Rogue and Gambit's sheets.

Tony Stark as Emma's butler serving her champagne.

The Stepford Cuckoos dressing up Thor as a Barbie.

The Wasp having to assist Kate Pryde in picking up dresses.

Black Panther apologizing to Storm for AvX by getting a tattoo of her making out with Yukio.

Psylocke (all of them) giving Medusa a shave with their blades.

I could go on but it'd be unhealthy.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Considering what we have so far, I think there will be a shift in who controls Krakoa. I feel most interpersonal conflicts will begin to take place in the next phase until a third phase where things escalate. While Krakoa might continue on, I don't think the X-men will continue to be as big a part of it as before.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Then if you look at the "Marauders" #2 preview, the Cuckoos remark to Emma during their TP-talk that all mutants are currently homogenized in thoughts and opinion. No way their minds have been left alone by anybody/anything on Krakoa.

Then if you look at the "Marauders" #2 preview, the Cuckoos remark to Emma during their TP-talk that all mutants are currently homogenized in thoughts and opinion. No way their minds have been left alone by anybody/anything on Krakoa.
    They just meant they're all on the same side finally.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That's why I think the next phase would consist of setting up future conflict. While there are current hints at potential problems, this first phase seems aimed at world building and fleshing out Krakoa and everyone in it. I would think the biggest issue for mutants, is other mutants. Especially when it comes down to handling situations with humans.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I see one of potentially three things happening:

1) Mutant Civil War: A-Pac and other mutants that aren't aligned with the X-Men have a massive and violent disagreement that results in the dissolution of the current council and a new, entirely different council is formed, but more clandestine (Think Illuminati: Mutant Edition). Either A-Pac or Magneto serve as the catalyst for said mutant civil war.

2) AoA2/Inferno II: Electric Boogaloo: A-Pac conquers Otherworld (Rogue gets healed BTW), putting Excalibur and the other X-Men on a collision course with Morgana La Fey. Guess who decides to pick up the scraps and rise to power: Loki, leading to an X-Men/Thor crossover event

3) World War X: Use your imaginations

BONUS- World War Hulk II: Going off of the status quo set up in the most recent issue of Immortal Hulk, Hulk follows through on his crusade against the flatscans, with both Atlantis and the Mutant Nation of Krakoa siding with Hulk.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Or Marvel can hire Wanda again "No more mutants". This time, it works. No more wars. No more massacre. At least not with mutants.
    Why making X-men stories if they don't know what to say? To fill the pages? It seems to me that the vein is exhausted. Hickman's run could be X-men Swan Song.
    I think anything not krakoa is a downgrade for X-men. Krakoa is even more ocmplete from where Johns left the green lantern franchise