Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    you now that this realunch is not being so good in sales, dont you ? None of the main books had a number 1 above 100 units except X-men main series and to be fair with all the promotion i would expected something more.
    Even the Uncanny Avengers first issue had better sales in 2012

If the main X-book sells above 100 units after the issue ten then that would be significant , but this? This is pretty low
    Low? First, it makes no sense to compare sales with 2012 where sales were higher across the board. That said, saying dismissively “even Uncanny Avengers has better sales” make even less sense. UA was the flagship of a publishing wide relaunch, putting mutants and avengers together, and also featuring the return of Jon Cassidy drawing comics, it was super hyped and more central to the marve universe than the new x-men book is. And despite all of that, and being published in a healthier market, it didn’t sell that better.

Also, not even Batman is selling 100k these days...what sense does it make to say that to be valuable the relaunched X-men shoul sell at least 100k? So or it’s the most successful book of all of it’s a failure? Ridiculous.

A more sensible comparison would he with the last 1-2 years, and then you can see that this x-men relaunch sold better (often twice as better) than almost any marvel relaunch. It sold jus shy of the last amazing spider man relaunch (marvel more recognized character and best selling book), better than the last venom that was a sensation, and better than pretty much anything else. The other books are selling pretty well considered that one is a totally new brand, Marauders, another, Excalibur, wasn’t published from years and was never a top book. If Marvel was going for first issue first month sales would have published more than one x-men book, and they wouldn’t have waited wave 2 to relaunch Wolverine. Instead they are exploiting the hype to build new brand and reviving past brands, with very good results (all the books sold out and did go to the second prints).
    Last edited by PeterParked; 11-16-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    But that's what the readers keeping the titles on the Top 10 want! To keep it this way ad infinitum.
    The readers just want good stories. Sure, there's definitely vocal support here on this board, but... we shouldn't take that as proof this is universal everywhere. I think in the end, there's going to be some big message of accepting one and other as equals, probably after a big fight though.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    probably after a big fight though.
    "World War X"! Though I prefer "Marvel vs. X-Men." Capcom, you have people brainstorming the next game yet?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Marvel vs. X-Men is a bit unwieldy though, because X-Men is Marvel.

Not to a certain sort of X-fan. And they have a solid claim due to Marvel revolving around X-Men for quite some time (removing the rest via Onslaught and Heroes Reborn, that stuff). This time though, in a WINNING Krakoan X-Men triumph even Spider-Man will not be spared. Nobody not a mutant will be.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

We'll see how it goes. There's also a chance Krakoa might just blow up in their faces. As it turns out, allowing any mutant to live in Krakoa regardless of morality will pose... problems. I'm interested in the future, and I wonder if they are planning a post-Dawn of X relaunch called the "Day of X" or whatever, about mutants and non-mutants existing equally.

Though with the World War X, they'll have to be very careful not to make it another Avengers vs. X-Men. For it to be good will be one thing, for it to be distinct is another.

Astonishing Member

The simple nature of the genre means that yes, Krakoa will blow up in everyone’s face; but it should be treated as the tragedy it would be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    In the "Fearless" mini there was this conversation between Storm and the still-powerless Guthrie sister where she remarked that when Sam and Paige last visited at home, while going out of their way to be nice, they can't seem to help but look at her differently in a way she found unsettling, all because her mutant ability never came back after all that time.
    In fairness the Ressurexion process can probably fix that. Albeit by way of being Old Yeller’d

And her hero name is now used by a non-mutant aero-kinetic Chinese architect.
    I wish you hadn’t said that. Dollars to doughnuts someone’s now going to say that Lei should be beaten up/killed for ‘stealing’ a mutant name.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The simple nature of the genre means that yes, Krakoa will blow up in everyone’s face; but it should be treated as the tragedy it would be.
    •▪︎▪︎A▪︎▪︎•men.

True, that could also be the point of making amends between mutant and non-mutant heroes. Imagine the villains usurp Krakoa from them, and the mutant heroes are forced to call upon the non-mutants for help.

Just imagine they all appear in front of the non-mutants after barely escaping, and there's this exchange:

Reed: "What are you people doing here?"
    Xavier: "We... have a little problem."

Astonishing Member

If it’s all time same I’d rather not have yet another moment of tension foiled by the X-Men’s pathological ability to form circular firing squads.

And while I’m probably down for the non-X characters in the event big franchise war, I’m aware enough to know that it’s not the X-Men who have amends to make.

Edit: also, sorry about the double post above

If it’s all time same I’d rather not have yet another moment of tension foiled by the X-Men’s pathological ability to form circular firing squads.

And while I’m probably down for the non-X characters in the event big franchise war, I’m aware enough to know that it’s not the X-Men who have amends to make.

Edit: also, sorry about the double post above
    Who said the mutants, specifically, were the ones making amends? I'm referring to the relationship between mutants and non-mutants in general being amended, realizing that the world is better when working together. That's what this is likely about, the idea that everyone, mutant or otherwise, is really the same when you get down to it. Making a mutant nation is flawed, by way of the fact that mutants can be just as evil as anyone else.

It'll probably end with the mutants and the non-mutants shaking hands with each other and decided to usher in a new era, together.

In fairness the Ressurexion process can probably fix that. Albeit by way of being Old Yeller’d
    Cue Paige (a resurrectee herself from HoX) petitioning X-Force to kill Melody so she can be "fixed" by the Five?

I wish you hadn’t said that. Dollars to doughnuts someone’s now going to say that Lei should be beaten up/killed for ‘stealing’ a mutant name.
    X-Force hit on Lei Ling for mutant name appropriation? Maybe finish of the Agents of Atlas team too for insurance in the coming WWX.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    We'll see how it goes. There's also a chance Krakoa might just blow up in their faces. As it turns out, allowing any mutant to live in Krakoa regardless of morality will pose... problems. I'm interested in the future, and I wonder if they are planning a post-Dawn of X relaunch called the "Day of X" or whatever, about mutants and non-mutants existing equally.
    Human and mutants are existing equally, for the first time , thanks to Krakoa. Mutants have a safe place , are recognized by other nations and can escape from nations where they are tortured/killed/imprisoned and live in Krakoa. Krakoa as a nation is not acting superior, they asked to be recognized from ONU meaning they have the same rights and the same DUTIES of any democratic nation. You question having the bad mutants on Krakoa (what else should the do? Tell the world they want rights and a nation but that the leave them to humans?) but then you criticize the decision of not having humans on the island, despite all the risks and logistical complications this would create for a newly born nation (you know human are 6 billions, hosting them wold require airports, harbors lots of exposed dangerous places ripe for terrorist attacks, when the state exists from 1 month or 2). It doesn’t make any sense. What you want is not equality what you want is mutants in constant peril so that poor humans don’t feel excluded from Krakoa. Or do you think that in this “Day of X” you talk about racism will be extinct, and all dictatorships erased and the marvel universe will be a perfect utopy?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Human and mutants are existing equally, for the first time , thanks to Krakoa. Mutants have a safe place , are recognized by other nations and can escape from nations where they are tortured/killed/imprisoned and live in Krakoa. Krakoa as a nation is not acting superior, they asked to be recognized from ONU meaning they have the same rights and the same DUTIES of any democratic nation. You question having the bad mutants on Krakoa (what else should the do? Tell the world they want rights and a nation but that the leave them to humans?) but then you criticize the decision of not having humans on the island, despite all the risks and logistical complications this would create for a newly born nation (you know human are 6 billions, hosting them wold require airports, harbors lots of exposed dangerous places ripe for terrorist attacks, when the state exists from 1 month or 2). It doesn’t make any sense. What you want is not equality what you want is mutants in constant peril so that poor humans don’t feel excluded from Krakoa. Or do you think that in this “Day of X” you talk about racism will be extinct, and all dictatorships erased and the marvel universe will be a perfect utopy?
    What you said made no sense.