Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

My idea is that the final DOX arc against Orchis sees them watching the dreams of mankind trumping mutants via the path of Homo Novissimization fizzle out, and thus they fall into a cosmic suicidal temper tantrum: they will destroy mutantkind even if it means sacrificing humanity and the very fabric of reality to do so.

They might go the unexpected path of using transcendental magic to turn "existence" itself into a toxic environment for mutants (a la T-cloud now covering not just the atmosphere but the fabric of existence itself), tying them into parallel Earths as well. Krakoa decides that for mutant survival, destroying all parallel universes contributing into the "toxic existence environment" for mutants is no skin off their collective noises (especially as the Five and X - he survived, natch - will soon be overtaxed reviving mutants dying from Orchis' suicide gambit). The Excalibur team uses their near-fully-developed "mutant magic" library to cast a spell that destroys all parallel universes feeding into the anti-mutant existence of Earth-616.

As a result, all Marvel media winks out. The last Phase 4 MCU film sees the setting cosmically destroyed by the Krakoan magic. All ongoing Marvel TV shows and animations at the time will end likewise, while all complete Marvel productions, especially showing on Disney+, will abruptly disappear from the streaming library; accessing them only leads to a screen with the current X-logo. Oh and by the way, these include all X-Men programs as well (films, TAS, Evolution, WatX). They're part of the contributing factors in Orchis' anti-mutant existence field. And to the cynical Krakoans, "If we can't get a happy ending for ourselves, then they don't deserve theirs." The power of Marvel SYNERGY under Feige!

With the parallel-Earths threat dealt with, Krakoa will then have to eliminate the 616-local power sources for the toxic existence: all inhabited planets in their native universe outside of Earth, and not just all humans but all living organisms - especially sapient ones - that carry no X-gene. Phoenix power wipes out everything off-Earth, and the rest of the Krakoans go on the final human xenocide with the Avengers and all non-X Marvels getting massacred (in graphic Walking Dead/WH40K snuff art quality). Orchis, especially Doc Gregor, hope that they could stave off their inevitable extinction until the toxic existence spell reaches critical mass that it will continue on even if they are gone, and the Krakoans know at least that if they kill all non-mutants before that threshold is reached, their problems are over at last. In the end, there are no more non-mutants, Marvel Comics is rebranded into just X-Men Comics, and mutants begin spreading out into the world.

Did they stop the toxic existence spell before it reached critical mass? Or will mutants continue dropping dead for no reason even after all existential threats have been destroyed? That could be the first post-DOX arc. And I'm wondering if the Marvel-human-xenocide-advocate fans of X would have to buy plastic covers for the DOX climax issues to protect from "fluids" while reading.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    You really need to get used to the fact that most of us are not taking this place super seriously.
    Maybe it's just my experience from most of my past forums before signing onto CBR, as a lot of my other stomping grounds do take their post content super seriously, as you say.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-14-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Apocalypse puts his plan in motion, after working to take over Otherworld and restore the link to Arkoa he is able to unleash the world of demons upon the human race. The only safe place on Earth is Krakoa which will result in the death of everyone not on Krakoa. After the demons wipe the planet clean of humans, Apocalypse uses the magic he had been gaining control of in Otherworld and banishes the demon horde back to their universe. Finally at the end Apocalypse steps forward and says to his people, this world is yours now my children, it is my gift to you all, I know that some may never forgive me for what I have done, but I only wished to protect my children and ensure your survival into the future. Go forth children and repopulate the Earth for it is yours now!
    You know that this could really work? I mean you might have the plot of the next event right there hahaha except they'd stop Apoc in the end probably, or reverse it a la Age of Apocalypse.

Whoa, wtf?

Are people really this invested in Krakoa, a status quo meant to be weird and off-putting? The subtext is quite clear that the mutant nation is supposed to make you uncomfortable, especially as they've gone from "mutants being equal" to "mutants being superior". I believe this to be a prelude to the proposed Day of X, which finally begins the status quo for mutants and non-mutants living equally.

Or Marvel can hire Wanda again "No more mutants". This time, it works. No more wars. No more massacre. At least not with mutants.
    Why making X-men stories if they don't know what to say? To fill the pages? It seems to me that the vein is exhausted. Hickman's run could be X-men Swan Song.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I DON'T like it; I HATE it vehemently. But as Hickman has put the X-line under the plot armor of "additive, not destructive" then they'll get their way at the expense of the rest of Marvel for as long as the DOX label exists, and for as long as Hickman is on the Captain's chair. So I have to duck and cover as the supporters make forum conversation nigh-unbearable every now and then.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

So much for having a serious discussion. I could ask a similar question elsewhere and people would take it seriously. What's with all this shade being thrown out at the non-mutant stuff anyways?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Considering what we have so far, I think there will be a shift in who controls Krakoa. I feel most interpersonal conflicts will begin to take place in the next phase until a third phase where things escalate. While Krakoa might continue on, I don't think the X-men will continue to be as big a part of it as before.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Then if you look at the "Marauders" #2 preview, the Cuckoos remark to Emma during their TP-talk that all mutants are currently homogenized in thoughts and opinion. No way their minds have been left alone by anybody/anything on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Then if you look at the "Marauders" #2 preview, the Cuckoos remark to Emma during their TP-talk that all mutants are currently homogenized in thoughts and opinion. No way their minds have been left alone by anybody/anything on Krakoa.
    They just meant they're all on the same side finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Whoa, wtf?

Are people really this invested in Krakoa, a status quo meant to be weird and off-putting? The subtext is quite clear that the mutant nation is supposed to make you uncomfortable, especially as they've gone from "mutants being equal" to "mutants being superior". I believe this to be a prelude to the proposed Day of X, which finally begins the status quo for mutants and non-mutants living equally.
    Hail Krakoa. Bless our sacred land.

BANNED

XMen already have the moral high ground. Cant wait for them to dominate the narrative now that they have creator favoritism on their side too.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That's why I think the next phase would consist of setting up future conflict. While there are current hints at potential problems, this first phase seems aimed at world building and fleshing out Krakoa and everyone in it. I would think the biggest issue for mutants, is other mutants. Especially when it comes down to handling situations with humans.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    XMen already have the moral high ground. Cant wait for them to dominate the narrative now that they have creator favoritism on their side too.
    Not only creator favoritism, but EiC & Marvel Studios President favoritism too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Whoa, wtf?

I watched midsommar and it gave me some Krakoa vibes.

It would be nice mutants and humans all living together without some Superior crap

I see one of potentially three things happening:

1) Mutant Civil War: A-Pac and other mutants that aren't aligned with the X-Men have a massive and violent disagreement that results in the dissolution of the current council and a new, entirely different council is formed, but more clandestine (Think Illuminati: Mutant Edition). Either A-Pac or Magneto serve as the catalyst for said mutant civil war.

2) AoA2/Inferno II: Electric Boogaloo: A-Pac conquers Otherworld (Rogue gets healed BTW), putting Excalibur and the other X-Men on a collision course with Morgana La Fey. Guess who decides to pick up the scraps and rise to power: Loki, leading to an X-Men/Thor crossover event

3) World War X: Use your imaginations

BONUS- World War Hulk II: Going off of the status quo set up in the most recent issue of Immortal Hulk, Hulk follows through on his crusade against the flatscans, with both Atlantis and the Mutant Nation of Krakoa siding with Hulk.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!