Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hickman and CB both have connections. He’s the editor-in-chief and you don’t think he’s even tangentially aware of plans? Also, I never mentioned anything about “influence.”
    Comics and movies are completely separated

And for crying out loud, there have been non-mutants who've served the freaking X-Men (and related teams). Yet they're not allowed on Krakoa either?

Do you not see the issue with that?

Granted, there are some exceptions like Jubilee raising her adopted human son Shogo there, but it's not well-defined.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    And for crying out loud, there have been non-mutants who've served the freaking X-Men (and related teams). Yet they're not allowed on Krakoa either?

Do you not see the issue with that?

Granted, there are some exceptions like Jubilee raising her adopted human son Shogo there, but it's not well-defined.
    They can enter krakoa but they have to invited and protected

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They can enter krakoa but they have to invited and protected
    I'm aware of the whole "invited" thing, but even still, it's not well-defined and many are still forbidden from entering. I hope this gets better written later.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quite obvious what will happen after this.

Krakoa will get out of control and it will try to possess the Earth and beyond. Human heroes like the Avengers will fight to destroy everything from Krakoa, lot of mutants will die as Krakoa tries to keep feeding on them and their numbers will be enormously reduced after Krarkoa's defeat. Humans will blame Mutants for this crisis, and the survivors will find an army of Sentinels waiting for them after the battle. More mutants will die and they will return to their classic fate: Endangered Species. Moira will surely die and lost her memories, making her impossible to avoid Mutantkind's fate as a doomed species. Some of the X-Men, sick of a pointless battle, will simply quit and go to hide somewhere alone, wanting their lives to have some sense.
    This is exactly the kind of cynical storytelling Hickman said he wants to avoid.

BANNED

Hickman and CB both have connections. He’s the editor-in-chief and you don’t think he’s even tangentially aware of plans? Also, I never mentioned anything about “influence.”
    They have no idea what happens in the movies, which is why we got that baffling retcon to Carol’s origin because all the movie advertizing suggested she was part Kree. But then it turned out the movie played the origin fairly straight.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    There is not such thing as birth right of one individuals over other, in theory the human rights are equal to all people. Just because they have powers at birth doesnt mean that they have more right to have powers that Spiderman for example. That is the mindset of Magneto that he is a "Choosen of God"
    It is a complete characteristic of who they are, no different than skin color or sexual orientation. Asking them to be depowered is like sending a gay person to a conversation camp or putting a black person through whatever Michael Jackson did to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They have no idea what happens in the movies, which is why we got that baffling retcon to Carol’s origin because all the movie advertizing suggested she was part Kree. But then it turned out the movie played the origin fairly straight.
    Actually, more recently communication has opened up with Feige becoming head of Marvel. This should mean they're more in-sync later.

Dude, it's clear Reed doesn't like giving Sabretooth amnesty for being a mutant, which stems from the Krakoa issue. I mean, there is this X-Men/Fantastic Four series coming building off of Reed's distrust for Scott.

All I'm saying is, I believe this status quo is temporary, and though I expect changes, this isn't the change itself. It's a transitional phase. Don't be surprise if it ends up being true. It's not what's happening now that matters, it's what happens afterwards.
    Temporary can last 3, 5 or even 10 years. Hickman probably won't stay much more than 3 years.

I laughed on that. People were like the ocmic is spoiling the movie... well at least comics did their own spin on the story different from MCU by accident

I'm aware of the whole "invited" thing, but even still, it's not well-defined and many are still forbidden from entering. I hope this gets better written later.
    Are those non-mutants homeless or something? Why look at something that’s mutant only and “hmmm i’d like to invade that space and live there anyway”

BANNED

Actually, more recently communication has opened up with Feige becoming head of Marvel. This should mean they're more in-sync later.
    Okay fair, but that’s a very recent thing (Quesada and Fine are still credited in this week’s books) so that came after Akira and Buckley went all-in on HoxPox. I’m sure someone will ask Feige what he thinks of the mutant status quo during Black Widow press tour though.

Are those non-mutants homeless or something? Why look at something that’s mutant only and “hmmm i’d like to invade that space and live there anyway”
    Dude, are you purposefully missing the point here?

Okay fair, but that’s a very recent thing (Quesada and Fine are still credited in this week’s books) so that came after Akira and Buckley went all-in on HoxPox. I’m sure someone will ask Feige what he thinks of the mutant status quo during Black Widow press tour though.
    Well Feige became CCO, doesn't mean everything on comics gonna become movies or tv shows

Dude, are you purposefully missing the point here?
    What point are you trying to make besides Krakoa is being unfair to mutant allies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well Feige became CCO, doesn't mean everything on comics gonna become movies or tv shows
    Quesada's job as CCO was to create synergy between all the various media, which is why, for example, Inhumans started popping en masse in all the cartoons at some point. We'll have to see what Feige does with the job position (probably nothing).