Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

you now that this realunch is not being so good in sales, dont you ? None of the main books had a number 1 above 100 units except X-men main series and to be fair with all the promotion i would expected something more.
    Even the Uncanny Avengers first issue had better sales in 2012

If the main X-book sells above 100 units after the issue ten then that would be significant , but this? This is pretty low

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Maybe yes or maybe no. Depends of the way the franchise gonna be on MCU, like if they get to be celebrities or being hated
    You mean public opinion or in-universe?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

In-universe, but why not both?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Well, I fully believe Feige’s gonna make the X-Men a blockbuster success like the rest of the franchises that got handled under him. In-universe, Krakoa doesn’t stop the X-Men from being hated or celebrities.

As in, you think for the MCU X-Men there was never a private estate-turned-school in Westchester, NY, but rather that the Institute started Day 1 on Krakoa? Or maybe just skip to the mutant nation-state already existing?

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I highly doubt they would just start with Krakoa. It only works based on years of continuity.

But that's what many X-fans WANT. Their fap-material current status quo that ideally would last FOREVER until all non-X Marvel titles are gone.

Well, that's just not gonna happen. I think the people wanting that need to realize that all good things must come to an end. I imagine that post-DoX status quo stressing equality, and pushing forward, ie the original vision for X-Men.

And we're sure as hell not starting with Krakoa in the MCU.

To quote A-Lin-Xander Hamilton, "Just you wait." (for the X-fans to chime in)

Astonishing Member

Hickman’s show that he’s a fan of putting everything back in the toy box plus his own additions. It’s would be foolish for the current status quo to end on anything other than bittersweet note if the mutants are to lose the protection of Krakoa going forwards

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    As in, you think for the MCU X-Men there was never a private estate-turned-school in Westchester, NY, but rather that the Institute started Day 1 on Krakoa? Or maybe just skip to the mutant nation-state already existing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Well, that's just not gonna happen. I think the people wanting that need to realize that all good things must come to an end. I imagine that post-DoX status quo stressing equality, and pushing forward, ie the original vision for X-Men.

And we're sure as hell not starting with Krakoa in the MCU.
    And why is that? Comics are a medium and things can change and stick. Just like Carol’s never going back to Ms Marvel, this was compared to other giant eras for a reason. There’s a lot of bias with this “Krakoa won’t stick” school of thought. No one said we would be starting off with Krakoa, but I’m pretty sure that it will be a goalpost to the development of the X-Men in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well you’re right with that. But Fiege does seem to have a love for the franchise plus I can’t see Hickman’s jaw-dropping reintroduction of the X-Men as powerhouses existing in a vacuum. I feel like Krakoa will eventually be a big-screen thing too.
    I think they’ll go in a more TAS direction. They’re really pushing its presence on Disney+ and something like Krakoa would alienate mainstream audiences too much.

Astonishing Member

Quite obvious what will happen after this.

Krakoa will get out of control and it will try to possess the Earth and beyond. Human heroes like the Avengers will fight to destroy everything from Krakoa, lot of mutants will die as Krakoa tries to keep feeding on them and their numbers will be enormously reduced after Krarkoa's defeat. Humans will blame Mutants for this crisis, and the survivors will find an army of Sentinels waiting for them after the battle. More mutants will die and they will return to their classic fate: Endangered Species. Moira will surely die and lost her memories, making her impossible to avoid Mutantkind's fate as a doomed species. Some of the X-Men, sick of a pointless battle, will simply quit and go to hide somewhere alone, wanting their lives to have some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And why is that? Comics are a medium and things can change and stick. Just like Carol’s never going back to Ms Marvel, this was compared to other giant eras for a reason. There’s a lot of bias with this “Krakoa won’t stick” school of thought. No one said we would be starting off with Krakoa, but I’m pretty sure that it will be a goalpost to the development of the X-Men in the MCU.
    Right, but this is clearly transitional. It's very clear the mutants are acting in a very isolationist manner that's unlike them, and that's been noted in-universe. It's NOT treated as an unambiguously good thing. The story is morally ambiguous, and not in favor of the mutants just because they're the focus. Things will definitely change, but it's doubtful they will remain isolated in their own nation forever. X-Men has been about pushing equality, not superiority. After whatever conflict this leads to, mark my words, this will lead into a new era of trying to promote peace and equality (the "Day of X") where mutants and non-mutants work together, and Krakoa (if it remains) opens its doors to all. Trust me, I can see the signs already, and this status quo is not a permanent thing.

Just because the X-Men will change, doesn't mean that this story itself is the permanent change. What matters is what comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think they’ll go in a more TAS direction. They’re really pushing its presence on Disney+ and something like Krakoa would alienate mainstream audiences too much.
    Does that mean on the Marvel Studios logo for their X-Men film we might get the TAS them orchestrated? If not by Michael Giacchino (who did the Spider-Man '67 ditty for the "Homecoming" MCU logo), then who do you want to conduct that arrangement?
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.