Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Human and mutants are existing equally, for the first time , thanks to Krakoa. Mutants have a safe place , are recognized by other nations and can escape from nations where they are tortured/killed/imprisoned and live in Krakoa. Krakoa as a nation is not acting superior, they asked to be recognized from ONU meaning they have the same rights and the same DUTIES of any democratic nation. You question having the bad mutants on Krakoa (what else should the do? Tell the world they want rights and a nation but that the leave them to humans?) but then you criticize the decision of not having humans on the island, despite all the risks and logistical complications this would create for a newly born nation (you know human are 6 billions, hosting them wold require airports, harbors lots of exposed dangerous places ripe for terrorist attacks, when the state exists from 1 month or 2). It doesn’t make any sense. What you want is not equality what you want is mutants in constant peril so that poor humans don’t feel excluded from Krakoa. Or do you think that in this “Day of X” you talk about racism will be extinct, and all dictatorships erased and the marvel universe will be a perfect utopy?
    This. The mutant nation needs to be contextualized in the Marvel Universe and what happened up to now, from and before Genosha to Decimation to current crisis such as Terrigen.

I feel like the people who act as if this is a permanent status quo are conveniently ignoring the problems this is creating in-universe. How many times do I have to repeat, it's not portrayed as an unambiguously good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I feel like the people who act as if this is a permanent status quo are conveniently ignoring the problems this is creating in-universe. How many times do I have to repeat, it's not portrayed as an unambiguously good thing.
    It's obvious it won't be permanent. Hickman even said he's going to put the toys back in the box.
    That doesn't make Krakoa bad as much as Wakanda isn't either.

Okay.

Krakoa isn't a bad idea itself, it's the isolationist nature and the sheer superiority over non-mutants they project that makes it obvious it won't be permanent. I mean, am I really to believe the X-Men will just turn their backs on all their non-mutants allies, teammates and friends because "we have the power now!"? That sends a bad message.

I believe Hickman will forever change this X-Men status quo as promised, but we're transitioning to that as we go, and this isn't the permanent shift itself.

Okay.

Krakoa isn't a bad idea itself, it's the isolationist nature and the sheer superiority over non-mutants they project that makes it obvious it won't be permanent. I mean, am I really to believe the X-Men will just turn their backs on all their non-mutants allies, teammates and friends because "we have the power now!"? That sends a bad message.
    Of course not because that is not happening. But apparently people seem to believe that if you are not invited over to a person's house you can't be friends with them.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I take it you don’t travel. I’ve never felt humiliated applying for a visa to visit a foreign country.
    Well, I live in a EU country, so the few times I went aboard, I didn't have to ask for a visa. But, even if I'm not familiar with the procedure, I suppose, that, as a grown-up, you didn't have to ask a relative or a friend for you to get a visa, nor to be your guarantor. In real life, only in dictatorships, similar things happen…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Personally I’d prefer if Krakoa remains and the Five succeed in resurrecting all 17 million victims of Genosha, Decimation and every tragedy mutantkind has endured.

But there needs to be some kind of trade-off, like Orchis/human governments successfully deactivate the x-gene in human generations yet unborn on the grounds that as a 17 million plus strong civilisation of immortals known for randomly hooking up, it won’t be an impediment to mutantdom continuing; or some other example

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, I live in a EU country, so the few times I went aboard, I didn't have to ask for a visa. But, even if I'm not familiar with the procedure, I suppose, that, as a grown-up, you didn't have to ask a relative or a friend for you to get a visa, nor to be your guarantor. In real life, only in dictatorships, similar things happen…
    That is literally how things happen in Europe. If I want a relative to visit, I have to ask for a permit at city hall, I need to prove my financial situation is stable enough to provide for them and have my house/flat superficy measured. My relatives also have to prove they have a stable financial and professional situation in their home country.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 11-16-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

You only keep repeating it because you refuse to accept that people have different opinions. You’re trying to bludgeon people into agreement and failing. Accept that you have your point of view and others have theirs and you won’t have to keep making the same posts, creating threads and getting frustrated that there are different ways to look at this story.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    That is literally how things happen in Europe. If I want a relative to visit, I have to ask for a permit at city hall, I need to prove my financial situation is stable enough to provide for them and have my house/flat superficy measured. My relatives also have to prove they have a stable financial and professional situation in their home country.
    Not if you just visit for a limited period of time. At least, I never heard of that…
    Last edited by Zelena; 11-16-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Okay.

I believe Hickman will forever change this X-Men status quo as promised, but we're transitioning to that as we go, and this isn't the permanent shift itself.
    I'm not seeing where or how mutants having their own nation and the way they interact with flatscans is a bad message in any way. Considering humanity's history with mutantkind and how much damage they and their proxies (looking at YOU, Maximoffs) have done to mutants, directly and indirectly.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!