Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What point are you trying to make besides Krakoa is being unfair to mutant allies?
    Well, considering there have been non-mutant X-Men, and they aren't allowed on Krakoa, it sends a bad message. It's one thing to be oppressed, but that doesn't give one the right to turn their backs on even the non-mutants that were fair to them when suddenly in a position of power.

BANNED

Who are we gonna start with on that list? Val "Freedom Force" Cooper? Val, who let O.N.E. park Sentinels and an internment camp on the front lawn while giving the X-Men grief the whole time? Because Val is a fascinating supporting character but has always defaulted to keeping the mutants in their place.

World War X would be interesting. I like the fact that finally, the mutants have established a nation.

The Xmen become trusted and offered a ONU sponsored run.

Globalized Mutankind versus nationalism

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    World War X would be interesting. I like the fact that finally, the mutants have established a nation.
    I don't see how anything hero vs hero could be interesting because that's all it'd come down to.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I don't see how anything hero vs hero could be interesting because that's all it'd come down to.
    Someone has to lose and I can't stand hero vs hero stories. Conflict is normal, not everyone thinks the same

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Only mutants are heroes to a certain sort of X-fan. Non-mutants are all uniformly super-villains that have been given Joker immunity for far too long.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Only mutants are heroes to a certain sort of X-fan. Non-mutants are all uniformly super-villains that have been given Joker immunity for far too long.
    Yasss. If they not mutants they not heroes.

Isn't think getting a little ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Well, considering there have been non-mutant X-Men, and they aren't allowed on Krakoa, it sends a bad message. It's one thing to be oppressed, but that doesn't give one the right to turn their backs on even the non-mutants that were fair to them when suddenly in a position of power .
    Why not? They have just recently been put in concentration camps, experimented on and depowered. Just counting the Rosenberg's stuff and not the previous ten years of decimations, killings and mutilations.

For what reason should they trust humans or should feel obliged to them in any way? They've already done too much by giving out the drugs.
    Let them have a nice thing for themselves. Krakoas has just started, maybe they'll open up to humans in the future, maybe not. But given the Orchis situation and how it's infiltrated everywhere, I wouldn't want a human on my nation soil too.

Also, what human allies would you want to see on the island? Val Cooper? Meh. Only one I can think of is Kavita Rao, who's nice but also knows how to make a mutant vaccine mmm

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Yasss. If they not mutants they not heroes.
    *"late wildlife expert celebrity host" voice*: Oi, 'ere comes one of those certain sorta X-fans now...
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Are those non-mutants homeless or something? Why look at something that’s mutant only and “hmmm i’d like to invade that space and live there anyway”
    I mean, Broo might be? He's been stated to be a mutant of his own kind and, as such, shunned and outright hunted down for it. The fact that he only seems to get 'visitation rights' after his tenure at the school stinks.

Also, I think you're being a bit disingenuous with the whole 'invade' thing.

If the X-Men banish Danger because she doesn't fit their genetic purity policy, Krakoa can burn in the machine uprising for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It is a complete characteristic of who they are, no different than skin color or sexual orientation. Asking them to be depowered is like sending a gay person to a conversation camp or putting a black person through whatever Michael Jackson did to himself.
    There's something I don't understand: true, everyone — more or less — has a box of matches at home and we don't consider each other like potential arsonists. Still, mutants must have rules to live peacefully and in a spirit of mutual understanding. Some powers are invasive, others are lethal, even if they stay among themselves, they can't imagine everyone will play nicely, just because they are mutants. So, why imaging applying some restrictions about their powers in partnership with humans is considered so awful by some?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I've been thinking for a while Moira is quite "off" and of dubious morals, which is understandable given all she's gone through, it would drive anyone batty.

So my prediction remains she becomes the "big bad" of DoX at some point which helps wrap it up, and maybe she escapes but brings several mutants who share her dream along anyway.

That's all I got, no real idea about "post DoX" stuff because frankly I can't imagine it being as interesting as this
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY