Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I don't see how anything hero vs hero could be interesting because that's all it'd come down to.
    I kind of want the X-Men to become the official team of the United Nations because of some big save they do over the next year and they become more popular in the Marvel U than the Avengers. I don't want outright fighting, I just want the Avengers to pout a bit because the X-Men are the team everyone looks to for saving the planet!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I've been thinking for a while Moira is quite "off" and of dubious morals, which is understandable given all she's gone through, it would drive anyone batty.

So my prediction remains she becomes the "big bad" of DoX at some point which helps wrap it up, and maybe she escapes but brings several mutants who share her dream along anyway.

That's all I got, no real idea about "post DoX" stuff because frankly I can't imagine it being as interesting as this
    I think we will see Moira on a side and Xavier/magneto on the other.

or even separate factions Moira vs xavier vs mageneto with Apocalypse and Sinister doing their own thing

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I mean, Broo might be? He's been stated to be a mutant of his own kind and, as such, shunned and outright hunted down for it. The fact that he only seems to get 'visitation rights' after his tenure at the school stinks.

Also, I think you're being a bit disingenuous with the whole 'invade' thing.
    Broo is an agent of Wakanda. I also don’t know why he would just be a visitor since his X-Gene is the thing that separates him from the Brood Hivemind. Also, what would you describe trying to force yourself into a space/land that isn’t yours or for you. Are we all forgetting Krakoa is a sentient being who’s also agreed to these terms. I guess sorry to all those non-mutants who REALLY needed to move to Krakoa for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Well, considering there have been non-mutant X-Men, and they aren't allowed on Krakoa, it sends a bad message. It's one thing to be oppressed, but that doesn't give one the right to turn their backs on even the non-mutants that were fair to them when suddenly in a position of power.
    Oh, it absolutely makes sense to form your own nation away from the ones oppressing you. Why can’t mutants have their own space what are you not getting about that? What you’re saying is happening is not happening. The X-Men aren’t turning their backs on anyone and they’re still going out to save the world. If we keep having to go in circles over this “not all humans” argument....

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Humans don't even want to come to Krakoa, except to kill Mutants, so it's not a problem. Any human who complains is like the white person who complains they're not allowed to say the n-word. They're so used to having access to everything and everything designed to suit them, they just get mad and petty when they're not the center of everything. If the opportunity did open up, they'd decline.

As for post-Dawn of X status quo (post-Hickman), I hope it'll involve the Al Ewing doing something interesting and unexpected. Hickman has proven the franchise is an opportunity and an exciting challenge, rather than a burden to be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Humans don't even want to come to Krakoa, except to kill Mutants, so it's not a problem. Any human who complains is like the white person who complains they're not allowed to say the n-word. They're so used to having access to everything and everything designed to suit them, they just get mad and petty when they're not the center of everything. If the opportunity did open up, they'd decline.

As for post-Dawn of X status quo (post-Hickman), I hope it'll involve the Al Ewing doing something interesting and unexpected. Hickman has proven the franchise is an opportunity and an exciting challenge, rather than a burden to be avoided.
    Amen, I would add that I would like to see the plot threads put into place in Immortal Hulk be put into play with the X-Men going forward, especially considering that Roxxon most likely has representatives in Orchis.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Spectacular Member

Hickman says he has 3 phases in mind, so Dawn of X it’s probably just the first. The Krakoa status could finish with the first phase. In Powers of X he also showed us 2 futures an di think they relate to the two phases, not necessarily that the stories will be set in the future, but that events that led to those future will start happening in the present. I can see a space phase where hearth become hostile to mutants and they start colonizing/moving to other plants and we have chimeras like powers of X 100 years in the future, and a time-traveling phase where they fight phalanx to save mutants and humans from becoming part of the phalanx conscience, maybe when they are losing Wolverine kills Moira again and everything resets. So a Dawn of X, an Exile of X and Sunset of X.

After that who knows, but I see Hickman staying with the franchise for something like 4-5 years so it’s difficult to predict.
    Last edited by PeterParked; 11-15-2019 at 11:35 AM.

WHAT IF Al Ewing took over the franchise after Hickman. That would be the best way to approach the whole “moving forward” approach.

The humans who want to go to Krakoa are those who have ties with the mutants (friends, relatives…). So treating them with wariness is odd.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The humans who want to go to Krakoa are those who have ties with the mutants (friends, relatives…). So treating them with wariness is odd.
    Where does it say they want to go to Krakoa?

Not odd if you contextualize it. Humans have been trying to wipe out mutants for ages.

Humans are allowed on biomes too. You can meet your family by taking a literal step through a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Broo is an agent of Wakanda. I also don’t know why he would just be a visitor since his X-Gene is the thing that separates him from the Brood Hivemind. Also, what would you describe trying to force yourself into a space/land that isn’t yours or for you. Are we all forgetting Krakoa is a sentient being who’s also agreed to these terms. I guess sorry to all those non-mutants who REALLY needed to move to Krakoa for whatever reason.

Oh, it absolutely makes sense to form your own nation away from the ones oppressing you. Why can’t mutants have their own space what are you not getting about that? What you’re saying is happening is not happening. The X-Men aren’t turning their backs on anyone and they’re still going out to save the world. If we keep having to go in circles over this “not all humans” argument....
    Ok we’re clearly getting nowhere with this. Dude, you keep missing the fact that all the X-teams had non-mutant members— being a mutant was never required for being an X-Man. It’d be racist and hypocritical if it were.

But you’re fooling yourself if you think this is a permanent status quo. Considering everyone is taking issue with it in-universe, and it’s NOT portrayed as some wonderful thing, this is clearly leading to something. They’re not going to remain isolationist forever. X-Men is about equality, not segregation.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-who-were-never-mutants/amp/

Granted it’s a bit out of date, not anticipating Moira X, but since you seem to ignore my point about non-mutant X-Men and about how they’re supposed to be an inclusive community...

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-who-were-never-mutants/amp/

Granted it’s a bit out of date, not anticipating Moira X, but since you seem to ignore my point about non-mutant X-Men and about how they’re supposed to be an inclusive community...
    There was indeed a cultural diversity with these characters. I felt more at ease with the X-men in those times.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Where is the scene of any human friend or relative wanting to go and being denied?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Broo doesn’t have an X-Gene according to Jordan in twitter . Only the Homo superior have x-gene. He might be a mutant in the same way that everyone with any mutation is a mutant but he isn’t part of the “ mutant race “

I think they are trying to clean the continuity a bit about what a mutant is. Right now the concept only include X-Gene positive humans. So , no mutant skrulls, mutant Brood and mutant robots