Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    They had a healthy frenemy relationship under Carey and Claremont highlighted their friendship in The End. Rogue and Emma probably understand each other on a level few other XWomen do but they still have a way to go before they can be considered bffs in continuity.

...really, in what way? There's several X-women, Rogue can and has related to better than Emma.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    ...really, in what way? There's several X-women, Rogue can and has related to better than Emma.
    The similarities are there, though. Two former X-Man villains turned X-Men, both mistrusted, resented even, when they first joined the team. Rogue's been an X-Man longer, and spent far less time as a villain, but there was a time when Storm, in particular, was ready to *quit the team* in protest over Rogue's admission by Xavier.

But I don't see that making them friends, any more than it ties them to other former-villains like Magneto, Frenzy, Black Tom Cassidy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The similarities are there, though. Two former X-Man villains turned X-Men, both mistrusted, resented even, when they first joined the team. Rogue's been an X-Man longer, and spent far less time as a villain, but there was a time when Storm, in particular, was ready to *quit the team* in protest over Rogue's admission by Xavier.

But I don't see that making them friends, any more than it ties them to other former-villains like Magneto, Frenzy, Black Tom Cassidy, etc.
    There's like 25 years worth of comics between when Rogue was a villian and she interacting with Emma as X-men. She was very far removed from that side of her past and I dont think its something she and Emma connected on. I also dont feel like Emma got tha same heat that Rogue initially got when she joined the X-men save from Kitty. Most accepted her bc she had aready been allied with them for years and any resentment was due to Emma's own off putting attitude, than mistrust bc of her past as a villian

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I admit some of the mentioned confuse me a good deal (Rogue & Psylocke? Wolverine & Cyclops??? ). I think 'close friends' (which means you get on very well with someone) is a different thing of 'best friends' (which implies sort of a predilection above everyone else).

I miss the former 'best friendship' between Piotr and Kurt, which has become blurred with the passage of time.

Incredible Member

Nightcrawler & Psylocke
    Wolverine & Psylocke
    Storm & Psylocke
    Dazzler & Psylocke
    Colossus & Psylocke
    Beast & Psylocke
    Rachel & Psylocke

How great would be a team with betsy’s best friends