17 43.59%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

LMAO at those poll options.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    People can seriously get hurt by those.

What's with this poll anyway, all those answers seem to be that no one likes the current status quo.

Scott was right before he died, he's still right, and I am glad he's back. I enjoyed X-Men 2 and my only criticism is that Rachel and Nathan were generic kids in that issue and Scott got all the development, but even with that criticism I still liked the book and I enjoyed seeing Rachel and Nathan hanging out with their Dad!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    yeah, this reminds me of people trying to gear a poll to get the answers they want!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You could do some very interesting things with Cyclops in the current status quo so nah I’m glad he’s back. His death sucked so nothing was lost by undoing it.
    What direction do you think his character should take? Im genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cyclops is the clear protagonist and only POV of the book. It's not a demotion at all

I'm not seeing the option "yes, it is a mistake"
    At least if writers doesn't make the character more dynamic
    The Lord is testing me.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

Nah. I'm good.
    Like I said, I had no problems with those scenes in a book Cyclops wasnt the main character in.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    What's with this poll anyway, all those answers seem to be that no one likes the current status quo.

Scott was right before he died, he's still right, and I am glad he's back. I enjoyed X-Men 2 and my only criticism is that Rachel and Nathan were generic kids in that issue and Scott got all the development, but even with that criticism I still liked the book and I enjoyed seeing Rachel and Nathan hanging out with their Dad!
    What development do you think he got in XMen #2?

BANNED

Like I said in the #2 thread, for me badass post-Morrison/HoM Scott still exists handily alongside Goofy Dad Scott with his kids. That's a three-dimensional character existing in different modes for different situations. I find it endearing. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    What direction do you think his character should take? Im genuinely curious.

The Lord is testing me.

Like I said, I had no problems with those scenes in a book Cyclops wasnt the main character in.

What development do you think he got in XMen #2?
    Scott got to show that he loves his kids and he's doing the best he can to be a good father to them, even if he is a bit awkward about it. So we finish reading X-Men #2 and most of us think Scott is actually a pretty good Dad!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

As others said, the only mistake was Scott's being killed in the first place. That and the insistence on Scott IS EEEEEEEEVIL bullshit, but we'll have to deal with that until Breevort leaves Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't think it was a mistake bringing him back, it was going to happen eventually anyway. I do think that they should have just waited for HoX rather than bringing him back for Rosencanny. It would have made that scene where he shows up to talk to the FF so much more cool and powerful if that was the first we saw of him since dying.
    Agree with all this. It would also more easy to explain him being loyal to Xavier and Magneto if they literally raised him from the dead. More importantly, we wouldn't have to deal with Rosenberg's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I
    As for his character regressing, I also don't think that's the case. If anything it's that the rest of the mutants and X-Men have come around on his way of thinking, so there is no reason for him to shoulder all the responsibilities anymore.
    What is Krakoa if not an Utopia on steroids?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Like I said in the #2 thread, for me badass post-Morrison/HoM Scott still exists handily alongside Goofy Dad Scott with his kids. That's a three-dimensional character existing in different modes for different situations. I find it endearing. YMMV.
    Yep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Scott got to show that he loves his kids and he's doing the best he can to be a good father to them, even if he is a bit awkward about it. So we finish reading X-Men #2 and most of us think Scott is actually a pretty good Dad!
    I would hardly call that development. Scott already put all his faith in Cable and went to war with humanity on his son's word if you take into account Messiah Complex, the Cable 2008 solo and then X-Sanction mini by Jeph Loeb. His entire 2010's arc was motivated by his love for his son. At best this was a retread and Im hesitant to even call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I would hardly call that development. Scott already put all his faith in Cable and went to war with humanity on his son's word if you take into account Messiah Complex, the Cable 2008 solo and then X-Sanction mini by Jeph Loeb. His entire 2010's arc was motivated by his love for his son. At best this was a retread and Im hesitant to even call it that.
    I am not saying that X-men #2 was my favorite book. I feel like it's trying to show us what the current status quo is for Scott and his family before it goes all in on the stories to come. X-Men #1 and #2 would have been better used as part of a Dawn of X #0 that launches things going forward for all the books. They could do that as a giant size and have more characters appear.

In the end I still liked X-men #2 and I am very glad that Scott is back again and leading a team and I look forward to what comes next. I am very pessimistic for where Rachel goes next from here because I think she is going to be sidelined, but I am still happy for the development and direction that a lot of other characters are getting.

BANNED

Meh. I think killing characters is pretty dumb, just as a general rule. As for Cyclops in particular, I don't really care. Just hoping they are done using other popular X-Men to give him stuff to whine about. As long as there are no dead/evil girlfriend plots and he's in a containment book, great.

Lmao at these poll options.

I’m not the biggest Cyclops fan. Could honestly care less for the character. That being said, I enjoyed him in HOX/POx. I would even go as far as to say I loved his depiction during that story. However I’ve absolutely hated him completely since then in X-men 1 and 2. So I’m pretty much right back to where I was ....completely impartial to him. I’m just team Wolverine all the way. Lol

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Cyclops is fine y'all need to let the man be a father. Not every Scott Summers moment is going to be badass
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Cyclops is fine y'all need to let the man be a father. Not every Scott Summers moment is going to be badass
    I agree. But him telling everyone to pretty much suck after Messiah Complex was pretty awesome.

Scott's been good so far, I don't get the complaints. Even the writing for him so far has shown that after so many years, he finally has a chance to just relax and have nice family moments.

Besides, he's the head commander of the mutant nation and pretty much their leader in all 'superhero' matters. He's still the leader of the X-Men. He's just not the leader of mutant-kind anymore (Xavier and Erik have pretty much returned to that role) and that's fine. He's still at the core of the X-Men itself