Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma was never a good two shoes. So for me made sense
    She was also never stupid enough to work with Miss Sinister, let alone THE BEING THAT SLAUGHTERED HER STUDENTS.

BANNED

Xavier wont be indispensable anymore soon . Jean will have to learn to use Cerebro. About the rest of the Quiet Council

Doug ; Comunication with Krakoa
    Magneto and Xavier : Creators of the Krakoa
    Mystique: Brotherhood conections , former Queen of Madripoor, Masters of Evil conections and in general conections with all the mutant criminal underworld.
    Sinister: Data base with the DNA of all mutants. Necesary to ressurect the mutants. the Five cant do anything without him
    Emma : Legal distribution of the Drugs internationally. The same drugs that gave then international recognition and prevent human research that would lead to post- humanity. Infuence of the Hellfire Club .
    Sebastian Shaw and Kity Pryde : just two seats that were given to Emma in order to put her puppets there.With them and her vote she has 1/4 of Krakoa.
    Apocalypse : the trust of almost all X-villians and their fear.
    Summer House : Puppets to give Xavier 1/4 of the political power of Krakoa plus his own vote.
    Exodus : Trust of the Acolytes and many mutant supremacist .

Forge and the Five are necesary but not 100% indispensable. Sinister could create clones before the Five. the Five is only a fancy way to do it without machines. Tony Stark did the same that the Five with his machines at the end of the Bendis run and Arno Stark will do it again in Iron 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Xavier wont be indispensable anymore soon . Jean will have to learn to use Cerebro. About the rest of the Quiet Council

Doug ; Comunication with Krakoa
    Magneto and Xavier : Creators of the Krakoa
    Mystique: Brotherhood conections , former Queen of Madripoor, Masters of Evil conections and in general conections with all the mutant criminal underworld.
    Sinister: Data base with the DNA of all mutants. Necesary to ressurect the mutants. the Five cant do anything without him
    Emma : Legal distribution of the Drugs internationally. The same drugs that gave then international recognition and prevent human research that would lead to post- humanity. Infuence of the Hellfire Club .
    Sebastian Shaw and Kity Pryde : just two seats that were given to Emma in order to put her puppets there.With them and her vote she has 1/4 of Krakoa.
    Apocalypse : the trust of almost all X-villians and their fear.
    Summer House : Puppets to give Xavier 1/4 of the political power of Krakoa plus his own vote.
    Exodus : Trust of the Acolytes and many mutant supremacist .

Forge and the Five are necessary but not 100% indispensable. Sinister could create clones before the Five. the Five is only a fancy way to do it without machines. Tony Stark did the same that the Five with his machines at the end of the Bendis run and Arno Stark will do it again in Iron 2020.
    I don't get where Emma controls Sebastian and Kate's votes? Sebastian is on the council because Charles and Erik made him part of the package that Emma had to accept, she didn't want Sebastian, she hates his guts, and Sebastian hates Emma in return. I expect more often than not Emma will vote in line with Storm and Jean on a lot of political decisions. Emma is bringing Kate in as a counterpoint to Sebastian because I think she didn't want to fight Sebastian by herself, but Kate isn't a puppet and she will probably vote with Storm, Kurt, and Jean more often that not. If anything Storm, Kurt and Jean have a lot more pull with Emma and Kate then most people on the council. Kate is friends with all 3 of them, and Emma seems to be wanting to get back into their good graces these days. She already offered her 3rd Seat to Storm, that's pretty much a sign that Emma has a lot of respect for Storm and Storm was top of her list of people she wanted to be allied with!

Emma has no say on Sebastian joining the council, it was part of the package Charles and Erik offered her. Be the economic representative for Krakoa, but we want you to bring Sebastian back because we want him to handle black market operations. Emma countered then that if she has to take Sebastian back into the HFC, then she wants a 3rd HFC seat that she gets to pick herself with no veto from anyone. So in exchange for having to take Sebastian into the HFC and have him as one of the HFC council seats which Emma probably hates, she now gets 1 pick for the council that no one can veto. So Emma is going to pick Kate. It's not because she expects Kate to always vote with her, she trusts Kate to not try to stab her in the back and to have her back if Sebastian is trying to cause problems.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't get where Emma controls Sebastian and Kate's votes? Sebastian is on the council because Charles and Erik made him part of the package that Emma had to accept, she didn't want Sebastian, she hates his guts, and Sebastian hates Emma in return. I expect more often than not Emma will vote in line with Storm and Jean on a lot of political decisions. Emma is bringing Kate in as a counterpoint to Sebastian because I think she didn't want to fight Sebastian by herself, but Kate isn't a puppet and she will probably vote with Storm, Kurt, and Jean more often that not. If anything Storm, Kurt and Jean have a lot more pull with Emma and Kate then most people on the council. Kate is friends with all 3 of them, and Emma seems to be wanting to get back into their good graces these days. She already offered her 3rd Seat to Storm, that's pretty much a sign that Emma has a lot of respect for Storm and Storm was top of her list of people she wanted to be allied with!

Emma has no say on Sebastian joining the council, it was part of the package Charles and Erik offered her. Be the economic representative for Krakoa, but we want you to bring Sebastian back because we want him to handle black market operations. Emma countered then that if she has to take Sebastian back into the HFC, then she wants a 3rd HFC seat that she gets to pick herself with no veto from anyone. So in exchange for having to take Sebastian into the HFC and have him as one of the HFC council seats which Emma probably hates, she now gets 1 pick for the council that no one can veto. So Emma is going to pick Kate. It's not because she expects Kate to always vote with her, she trusts Kate to not try to stab her in the back and to have her back if Sebastian is trying to cause problems.
    right I forgot that Shaw was an imposition of Xavier and Magneto for the black market.

right I forgot that Shaw was an imposition of Xavier and Magneto for the black market.
    yeah Emma held her nose to that and said, fine, you want me to allow that ******* Sebastian Shaw back into the HFC, well I get to pick a 3rd representative for the HFC and that pick is all mine with no input from you two from the peanut gallery!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Mighty Member

yeah Emma held her nose to that and said, fine, you want me to allow that ******* Sebastian Shaw back into the HFC, well I get to pick a 3rd representative for the HFC and that pick is all mine with no input from you two from the peanut gallery!!
    Well clearly they had input because they vetoed one of her choices. In the preview she is having a telepathic meeting and she is told no (clearly its Xavier and Magneto she's communicating with) she says ok and that she will choose someone else. Despite what some think Emma does not have free reign to do whatever she wants, Xavier and Magneto can say no to her and she's in no position to argue against. I think Emma knows how far she can push without backlash. Charles and Erik let her have the third seat to humor her because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. If they really and truly wanted Shaw back they would have brought him back irregardless of Emma's opinion on the subject. I still believe this council is a paper tiger, it was created by Xavier and Magneto to give the others the illusion of having a voice. A distraction to occupy them while Charles, Eric and Moira do their own thing. No way do I think that after learning of Moira's past lives and planning for well over a decade to insure mutantkind's that Xavier and Magneto would hand over power or let others dictate their vision for mutants. You dedicate your life to something, build something with your own hands then let others come in and dictate to you what you can and cannot do. Especially when they had nothing to do with it. I for one don't see Xavier or Magneto ever doing that. So yeah they will let the council muddle on while they meet up with Moira to handle the real business. As seen in POX #6.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, the idea that the Summers are only there to be Xavier's puppets is páthetic- ignores the obvious facts that Jean is a more powerful telepath than Xavier is, Scott is the head military of the country (and ignores essentially the last 15 years of Scott's relationship with him), the Summers/Greys is literally the most powerful family on the island, and if (or when) any of them (or both) decides to abandon Xavier is a massive blow to the unity of the island and mutantkind, and his personal image, that he probably won't be able to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well clearly they had input because they vetoed one of her choices. In the preview she is having a telepathic meeting and she is told no (clearly its Xavier and Magneto she's communicating with)
    Heh, what? She's talking with the Cuckoos.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 11-15-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=Omega Alpha;4690212]Also, the idea that the Summers are only there to be Xavier's puppets is páthetic- ignores the obvious facts that Jean is a more powerful telepath than Xavier is, Scott is the head military of the country (and ignores essentially the last 15 years of Scott's relationship with him), the Summers/Greys is literally the most powerful family on the island, and if (or when) any of them (or both) decides to abandon Xavier is a massive blow to the unity of the island and mutantkind, and his personal image, that he probably won't be able to recover.

I think Xavier going all out can hang with Jean in a tp fight. Also Magneto is firmly on Charles side and I also believe that if give choice the citizens of Krakoa will side with Xavier and Magneto over Cyclops and Jean. You saw how Mags was treated by the people in X-men #1, they virtually worship the guy. And They know Xavier created their nation so I don't see them choosing Cyclops and Jean. Will some people side with Scott, yes but more will side with Xavier and this is not the old Xavier, there will be no repeat of Scott kicking him out of his own house. Cyclops will be the one to leave this time.

It wasn't the cuckoos who told Emma no. Why would she say she has another candidate in mind to them? That implies she is answering to them. They may have been listening in on the conversation but it reads like she offered up a candidate for the third seat and was told no so she says ok I have a different candidate to offer. After that she mentions forming alliances to the Cuckoos.
    Last edited by The tall man; 11-15-2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Add content

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Jean not only is more powerful than Charles, she's also a very powerful telekinetic and once (and let's face it, future) host of the Phoenix. Scott is the greatest military leader they have. And the symbolism of Charles being abandoned by their surrogate child(ren) while keeping Apocalypse and Sinister as his trusted advisors would certainly by a massive blow to Krakoa, and to Xavier personally.

Also, again, what you're talking about? We see the Cuckoos saying no to Emma right in this issue, we know already Storm also refused the offer, and the offered the seat to Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Jean not only is more powerful than Charles, she's also a very powerful telekinetic and once (and let's face it, future) host of the Phoenix. Scott is the greatest military leader they have. And the symbolism of Charles being abandoned by their surrogate child(ren) while keeping Apocalypse and Sinister as his trusted advisors would certainly by a massive blow to Krakoa, and to Xavier personally.

Also, again, what you're talking about? We see the Cuckoos saying no to Emma right in this issue, we know already Storm also refused the offer, and the offered the seat to Kitty.
    Jean Vs Xavier would be fun to see tho. TK might not come into play if Xavier is good and quick enough (see Emma vs Exodus) then it's all based on how many mind games/prep Charles has. And I'm pretty sure he's thought about this match up.
    Random encounter in a Krakoan corridor, then Jean would fry Xavier's brain.

Fantastic Member

Love the Lockheed/Pyro team-up! Unexpected but awesome! They deserve their own spotlight issue together.

Fantastic Member

It think Shaw also serves as a good distraction for Emma so she wouldn’t snoop around about Moira lol. I’m loving this games of thrones shenanigans in Krakoa. It’s just a matter of time before someone makes a power move esp since Xavier is technically dead for the time being.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=Omega Alpha;4690212]Also, the idea that the Summers are only there to be Xavier's puppets is páthetic- ignores the obvious facts that Jean is a more powerful telepath than Xavier is, Scott is the head military of the country (and ignores essentially the last 15 years of Scott's relationship with him), the Summers/Greys is literally the most powerful family on the island, and if (or when) any of them (or both) decides to abandon Xavier is a massive blow to the unity of the island and mutantkind, and his personal image, that he probably won't be able to recover.

They are definitely a powerful family but they have yet to demonstrate their strength and influence in terms of political affairs. Magneto and Xavier seems to be calling the shots for now. I don’t think the Summers will make a move until they start doubting Xavier’s true intentions. For now, they seem to pledge their loyalty to Xavier and his cause.