Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your DCU Head Canon

If you read enough DCU comics, you inevitably start coming up with explanations for certain quirks of the DCU - backstories that you KNOW will never be told, but fill in the gaps in a pleasing way. Here are a few of mine:

1) Lobo, a pasty white destruction machine, is the universe's attempt to make up for the retirement of Destruction (himself a member of a pasty white family).
    2) The 'H' in the H-Dials stands for "Hypertime."
    3) Gabriel Walker was responsible for returning Jonah Hex to the 19th century after his "Mad Max"-style adventures in the "Hex" comic.

What are yours?

Doomsday clock already happened in the Watchmen universe. No one else knows.

BANNED

Damian isn't at odds with batman in teen titans because of no justice aftermath but because he wanted to add a pet monkey to his bat pets and name him Tim but batman said no more pets.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Doomsday clock already happened in the Watchmen universe. No one else knows.
    I am intrigued, yet confused. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    If you read enough DCU comics, you inevitably start coming up with explanations for certain quirks of the DCU - backstories that you KNOW will never be told, but fill in the gaps in a pleasing way. Here are a few of mine:

1) Lobo, a pasty white destruction machine, is the universe's attempt to make up for the retirement of Destruction (himself a member of a pasty white family).
    2) The 'H' in the H-Dials stands for "Hypertime."
    3) Gabriel Walker was responsible for returning Jonah Hex to the 19th century after his "Mad Max"-style adventures in the "Hex" comic.

What are yours?
    I really like those first two, though I also have no interest in seeing Lobo interact with the Endless.

Also, would that make Harley an avatar for Delirium? Maybe "Faux-bo" was Desire?? (although maybe not because nobody seemed to want him around)

1. Current Jon Kent is a plant by Ultraman to ruin the Earth while the real one is stuck in a timeout room with red solar radiation keeping him in check.
    2. The Batman Rebirth run ended at 49. 50, Selina and Bruce did get married, with Selina expecting a little girl sometime soon.
    3. There is no "Ric". Dick was shot in the head, but Zatanna was nearby and healed him right back up.Began dating Starfire again.
    4. HiC never happened. Period.
    5. Roy Harper woke up one day to find baby Lian after Cheshire dropped her off.
    6. The Super Sons are joined by Lyta Trevor, daughter of Diana and Steve, becoming the "Awesome Heroes!" (name by Jon with Lyta's approval, but Damian face palming).
    7. The Titans (Fab 5 and NTT) are headquartered in Jump City at Titans' Tower, serving as an independent group of heroes from the League.
    8. Giving Wally back his family after having to jump through hypertime.

Everything that's happened to Superman since 1985 has been a Black Mercy-induced hallucination. One day he'll wake up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Everything that's happened to Superman since 1985 has been a Black Mercy-induced hallucination. One day he'll wake up.
    I'm fine if they did that with the whole DCU to be honest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    1. Current Jon Kent is a plant by Ultraman to ruin the Earth while the real one is stuck in a timeout room with red solar radiation keeping him in check.
    2. The Batman Rebirth run ended at 49. 50, Selina and Bruce did get married, with Selina expecting a little girl sometime soon.
    3. There is no "Ric". Dick was shot in the head, but Zatanna was nearby and healed him right back up.Began dating Starfire again.
    4. HiC never happened. Period.
    5. Roy Harper woke up one day to find baby Lian after Cheshire dropped her off.
    6. The Super Sons are joined by Lyta Trevor, daughter of Diana and Steve, becoming the "Awesome Heroes!" (name by Jon with Lyta's approval, but Damian face palming).
    7. The Titans (Fab 5 and NTT) are headquartered in Jump City at Titans' Tower, serving as an independent group of heroes from the League.
    8. Giving Wally back his family after having to jump through hypertime.
    I support all of these.

The current legion of Superheroes is a pocket universe created by the time trapper, with everyone believing it to be the real timeline. But it's not.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Oh, I forgot one:

Monarch's armor was originally created by Per Degaton. Because a pretzeled timeline isn't complete without Degaton.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

The Ric Grayson storyline takes place in Frank Miller's Dark Knight universe, and explains how he went bad there.

Malcolm Thawne still exists but Cobalt Blue was written out of the timeline post-Flash Rebirth.

After Malcolm found out the truth about being adopted, he sought out Barry Allen, like in the original timeline. Only he found a fairly depressed dude who had his mother killed by his father. Realizing his life would have been messed up even if he was kept, Malcolm moved to Oregon and opened a vineyard, where he lived out the rest of his days.

His whole thing was being jealous of Barry's perfect life. It's hardly perfect anymore, especially to someone peering in from the outside.

Spectacular Member

The usage of Hypertime gives you access to a Multiverse created out of time, being abstract and not physical.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I am intrigued, yet confused. Please explain.
    The show takes place in 2019 and Doomsday Clock is 1992 or 1994. So Veidt did his trip already.