Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185

    Default Your DCU Head Canon

    If you read enough DCU comics, you inevitably start coming up with explanations for certain quirks of the DCU - backstories that you KNOW will never be told, but fill in the gaps in a pleasing way. Here are a few of mine:

    1) Lobo, a pasty white destruction machine, is the universe's attempt to make up for the retirement of Destruction (himself a member of a pasty white family).
    2) The 'H' in the H-Dials stands for "Hypertime."
    3) Gabriel Walker was responsible for returning Jonah Hex to the 19th century after his "Mad Max"-style adventures in the "Hex" comic.

    What are yours?

  2. #2

    Default

    Doomsday clock already happened in the Watchmen universe. No one else knows.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Damian isn't at odds with batman in teen titans because of no justice aftermath but because he wanted to add a pet monkey to his bat pets and name him Tim but batman said no more pets.

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Doomsday clock already happened in the Watchmen universe. No one else knows.
    I am intrigued, yet confused. Please explain.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    If you read enough DCU comics, you inevitably start coming up with explanations for certain quirks of the DCU - backstories that you KNOW will never be told, but fill in the gaps in a pleasing way. Here are a few of mine:

    1) Lobo, a pasty white destruction machine, is the universe's attempt to make up for the retirement of Destruction (himself a member of a pasty white family).
    2) The 'H' in the H-Dials stands for "Hypertime."
    3) Gabriel Walker was responsible for returning Jonah Hex to the 19th century after his "Mad Max"-style adventures in the "Hex" comic.

    What are yours?
    I really like those first two, though I also have no interest in seeing Lobo interact with the Endless.

    Also, would that make Harley an avatar for Delirium? Maybe "Faux-bo" was Desire?? (although maybe not because nobody seemed to want him around)

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,108

    Default

    1. Current Jon Kent is a plant by Ultraman to ruin the Earth while the real one is stuck in a timeout room with red solar radiation keeping him in check.
    2. The Batman Rebirth run ended at 49. 50, Selina and Bruce did get married, with Selina expecting a little girl sometime soon.
    3. There is no "Ric". Dick was shot in the head, but Zatanna was nearby and healed him right back up.Began dating Starfire again.
    4. HiC never happened. Period.
    5. Roy Harper woke up one day to find baby Lian after Cheshire dropped her off.
    6. The Super Sons are joined by Lyta Trevor, daughter of Diana and Steve, becoming the "Awesome Heroes!" (name by Jon with Lyta's approval, but Damian face palming).
    7. The Titans (Fab 5 and NTT) are headquartered in Jump City at Titans' Tower, serving as an independent group of heroes from the League.
    8. Giving Wally back his family after having to jump through hypertime.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    Everything that's happened to Superman since 1985 has been a Black Mercy-induced hallucination. One day he'll wake up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Everything that's happened to Superman since 1985 has been a Black Mercy-induced hallucination. One day he'll wake up.
    I'm fine if they did that with the whole DCU to be honest.

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    1. Current Jon Kent is a plant by Ultraman to ruin the Earth while the real one is stuck in a timeout room with red solar radiation keeping him in check.
    2. The Batman Rebirth run ended at 49. 50, Selina and Bruce did get married, with Selina expecting a little girl sometime soon.
    3. There is no "Ric". Dick was shot in the head, but Zatanna was nearby and healed him right back up.Began dating Starfire again.
    4. HiC never happened. Period.
    5. Roy Harper woke up one day to find baby Lian after Cheshire dropped her off.
    6. The Super Sons are joined by Lyta Trevor, daughter of Diana and Steve, becoming the "Awesome Heroes!" (name by Jon with Lyta's approval, but Damian face palming).
    7. The Titans (Fab 5 and NTT) are headquartered in Jump City at Titans' Tower, serving as an independent group of heroes from the League.
    8. Giving Wally back his family after having to jump through hypertime.
    I support all of these.

  10. #10
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    The current legion of Superheroes is a pocket universe created by the time trapper, with everyone believing it to be the real timeline. But it's not.
    Internet Rule 14: Do not argue with trolls it means they win.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Oh, I forgot one:

    Monarch's armor was originally created by Per Degaton. Because a pretzeled timeline isn't complete without Degaton.

  12. #12
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    540

    Default

    The Ric Grayson storyline takes place in Frank Miller's Dark Knight universe, and explains how he went bad there.

  13. #13

    Default

    Malcolm Thawne still exists but Cobalt Blue was written out of the timeline post-Flash Rebirth.

    After Malcolm found out the truth about being adopted, he sought out Barry Allen, like in the original timeline. Only he found a fairly depressed dude who had his mother killed by his father. Realizing his life would have been messed up even if he was kept, Malcolm moved to Oregon and opened a vineyard, where he lived out the rest of his days.

    His whole thing was being jealous of Barry's perfect life. It's hardly perfect anymore, especially to someone peering in from the outside.

  14. #14
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    102

    Default

    The usage of Hypertime gives you access to a Multiverse created out of time, being abstract and not physical.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I am intrigued, yet confused. Please explain.
    The show takes place in 2019 and Doomsday Clock is 1992 or 1994. So Veidt did his trip already.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •