Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post

I am really looking forward to this issue. The exact opposite of Spider-Man is Dr. Doom and those two really do not like each orher. From Doom's perspectiva it is the quips and disrespect ( very much like he gets from Ben Grimm(. From Pete's perspective, he is a humorless, cruel dictator who along with Venom and Morbius are guys he puts slightly better then Norman Osborn.

That casual "Nobody Dies" line .

Man, Doom is kind of a chump lately, got shot by Taskmaster in Doctor Doom#2, and now this.

Maybe it's all part of some over complicated plan, or Doom bots

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Good guess lol.

wonder what new banter will come from doom and peter talking
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I liked this issue...I don’t think this is all going to be a story that’s groundbreaking but I like it all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace
    Who will deny them basic human rights now?
    GOATed!

Quote Originally Posted by God Speaking Through The Menace
    As far as international incidents go, this one ranks six out of five Maria Hills.
    You know I want you to write my wife again, king! "She's like a drone strike to my heart!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Oh yeah, Gleason draws the web wings! ANOTHER HERO!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I honestly think this arc is pretty passable for me, which is saying a lot because I was hyped for it. Like, Miguel and Peter team up and then...nothin'. No team-up and barely a meeting. Like WTH? And on top of that, the 2099 stuff has little bearing on the present day, so it comes across as confusing instead of cool, you know?

5/10 for me. It looks great, thanks to Gleason's artwork, but Spencer has done better.

Looking forward to getting back to regular issues of this title again after like four/five months straight of events.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I honestly think this arc is pretty passable for me, which is saying a lot because I was hyped for it. Like, Miguel and Peter team up and then...nothin'. No team-up and barely a meeting. Like WTH? And on top of that, the 2099 stuff has little bearing on the present day, so it comes across as confusing instead of cool, you know?

5/10 for me. It looks great, thanks to Gleason's artwork, but Spencer has done better.

Looking forward to getting back to regular issues of this title again after like four/five months straight of events.
    Yeah, I feel same way on everything you say.

Agreed.

Right now the title is stuck in a bit of a slump. There’s been some good moments sprinkled in through out but consistently this has been title that I’m just not excited for at the moment. I have faith that Spencer will pull it out though. He needs to stay away from these tie ins and get back to writing Peter/MJ and continuing along the Kindred Mystery.

I really wish Gleason would’ve had a better opening story for his introduction into the world
    Of Spider-Man.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-22-2019 at 05:49 AM.

BANNED

The bit with NYC going Dark and the sky filled with Doombots is excellent. Can’t wait for the mega spidey v. Doombot fight next issue.

Don’t care for Obvious Judas Jamie I mean he’s already so smug that it would be relief when he knifes Peter and they become bad guys.

BANNED

I agree that this is a weak arc. It's passable but not that engaging.

Maybe I'll feel differently when it's all over but right now it's "just ok" with some cool bits here and there.

I have total faith that things will rebound once it's over, though. One dud arc isn't enough to worry me.