Default How do you prefer New issues and Past issues diplayed at the Comic Store?

Seems each LCS does it a little differently. Some have a whole section for the New Releases, and then the issues from past weeks are in a different area. Some shops just but the new releases in front or next to the past issues on the shelf.

How do you prefer it?

I am just happy to see a shop order shelf copies, the vast majority of titles are ordered for pull customers only and never see the light of day on a shelf displayed anywhere in a shop.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I'm kinda just happy my shop is still open. It displays a combo of current and classic trades and comics and I think that's how it should be.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My LCS is very small and what they do is they keep things mostly in alphabetical order on the shelves. They put the newest issues on top but if you thumb through them you can also see any unsold prior issues.

The back issues are in a separate section but I gather that most of them don't get much interest. I think he sells the good stuff on eBay or privately.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    My LCS is very small and what they do is they keep things mostly in alphabetical order on the shelves. They put the newest issues on top but if you thumb through them you can also see any unsold prior issues.

The back issues are in a separate section but I gather that most of them don't get much interest. I think he sells the good stuff on eBay or privately.
    This is how I prefer it as well, and my last LCS before I moved had it like this. I think its a little more convenient to always just so the to "S" section for example and see the new release of Superman, as well as last month's issue right behind it in case I'm behind.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

My LCS:

One wall has a specially made shelf/cubby for new issues, with one section devoted to this week's arrivals. But if you time it just right, new issues are laying atop the back issues before getting placed in folders or on the wall.

Back issues are in bins/boxes.

There are two magazine racks for magazines and a few CDs/DVDs.

Everything is alphabetic.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

My comic shop has the new issues in alphabetic order. With the new months issues on top and the last two months issues under it. Back issues are in boxes on two large tables. They also have what they call wall books.v Older or important comics on a shelf along the side wall. They ring a bell when someone buys a wall book. Its kinda neat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The shop I like the most has a wall of new arrivals and last week arrivals, together by title, and a big rack across from that with all titles from the past month or two. The latter is a little disorganized in that they are all just kind of lined up alphabetically with no tags or other organization system. Then they have a third big rack which contains a whole bunch of issues from farther back for up to a year it seems. All the aforementioned racks have the titles without bags or boards.

Then there are a couple of aisles with TPBs, one for DC and one for Marvel, with indies kind of on part of both aisles. Then two more aisles with bagged and boarded books from way back. Lots of spinner racks around as well with various stuff like your archies and other niche stuff that is more kid friendly. Action figures and games strewn about in various places as well.

And lastly a section of stuff that is heavily discounted because it just won't sell. This is mainly TPBs but could be other stuff like games, action figures, etc.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I like seeing a few issues (if available) with the newest issue. My shop does this but puts a "New This Week" card by a title that's come in that week. That allows customers to quickly check to see what's come in. For me, although I usually only pick up the week's new books, it's nice to see available previous issues just in case I miss one.