Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i really love angela and I must say that I liked a lot this issue, I also liked that marvel made ​​strong enough that she fights with Thor and win, and not him like everyone thinks, and for sure she is angry and she is protecting her sister... i think she is like wonder woman with her sister amazons...oh !!! and I'm not a fan of the Avengers, so i don't care what happen with he.... I'm reading this books just for angela, but i like that she is sister of thor and loki.

the cover 4 and 5...hope that someone seen before, they look interesting.. hahaha poor loki

Last edited by jorge17881; 08-06-2014 at 05:17 PM.

BANNED

Looks like we have a new fan base rivalry. Good I've been meaning to dislike the character further.

Fantastic Member

I wish she still had her earrings....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Or not since we never saw her use her true power before. Now if you're upset that Thor didn't dominate the fight, fine. But it wasn't a job. You don't "job" to someone who's upper power limits are as of yet unknown. And it's also standard storytelling to build up your new character. "dumb and lazy writer" of course meaning "stuff that I don't like." Not the same thing dude. Oh my God, Thor lost a fight to a new character, it's not like that's never happened to any other character before, it got to be some kind of vendetta against Thor by Marvel. Oh and Loki's a shapeshifter, so he can change genders. He's already did it once in his own book.
    All valid points. Also, Thor is all about straight brute force. If someone has skill and finesse they could easily leverage someone who relies on a one-hit hammer drop (and I am a huge Thor fan). Nothing here read "job" to me. It has been shown before that if someone is a good conductor they can derail the train which is Thor from the tracks. I liked the issue and enjoying the recreation of Angela.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post

the cover 4 and 5...hope that someone seen before, they look interesting.. hahaha poor loki

By the looks of cover 5 whatever Loki was up to backfired and he's at Angela's and Heven's mercy. And here is Odin to plead for their release. Not a happy ending for the brothers Asgard!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    As someone who's read her GOTG appearances, it is, massively so (Spawn Universe Angela is even further down the totem pole).

Not only did Thor apparently completely forget how to fight or do anything aside then get beat up, but he is massively stronger and more powerful (Not just a bit more) and while Angela displayed decent reflexes and speed, it's clear that she\s nowhere near fast enough to be > Mjolnir or even > Thor in speed.

Just dumb and lazy writing.
    Agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    She stated he may have a little more strength than her but they did keep repeating that she was faster. By all appearances, she was so fast he couldn't lay a hand on her.

It looked to me like he was never in the fight, which is pure jobbing, in my opinion. For some reason, Marvel continues to use Thor to show how amazingly powerful and awesome their new characters are. It's beyond tiresome.
    It's the same fate of any powerful character. Be it Hulk, Thor, Sentry, or any other. When they need to demonstrate another character's power level, they get the crap beaten out of them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's the same fate of any powerful character. Be it Hulk, Thor, Sentry, or any other. When they need to demonstrate another character's power level, they get the crap beaten out of them.
    The only issue I have is that it seems to regularly happen to Thor and rarely, if ever, to any of the other characters. Can anyone remember a time when Hulk was beaten senseless--without, by all appearances--even getting in a hit?

Originally Posted by Punisher007
    Or not since we never saw her use her true power before. Now if you're upset that Thor didn't dominate the fight, fine. But it wasn't a job. You don't "job" to someone who's upper power limits are as of yet unknown. And it's also standard storytelling to build up your new character. "dumb and lazy writer" of course meaning "stuff that I don't like." Not the same thing dude. Oh my God, Thor lost a fight to a new character, it's not like that's never happened to any other character before, it got to be some kind of vendetta against Thor by Marvel. Oh and Loki's a shapeshifter, so he can change genders. He's already did it once in his own book.
    I'm not upset that Thor didn't "dominate" the fight; I'm annoyed that he wasn't in any way effective in it. The way Ewing wrote it and Bianchi illustrated it, Angela basically just pimp-slapped him into unconsciousness; for all practical purposes, he wasn't even in the proverbial ring. This seems to happen to Thor on a regular basis whereas, in spite of what Tendrin stated, I've actually never seen Hulk, Sentry or another "powerhouse" character so easily defeated so regularly. I didn't say it was "dumb and lazy" but I do think it's basically poor writing because it shows no respect for the character. Consider when Gorr beat Thor (all three of them, and with the Thor Force, or whatever they call it these days). That was well done; a huge fight and respectful to the character's abilities IMHO. This was nothing like that; it was a complete beat-down (as Ewing actually implied it would be in an interview before the series came out). There wasn't even a fight to speak of, actually. I'm not saying that they should have been knocking each other into the sun or through planets but one would expect that, if they are as closely matched as the statements in the story implied, then there might actually be a fight as opposed to a pummeling.

As for Loki, I don't follow his series so I didn't realize he could shape-shift back and forth from male to female. My bad there.

The only issue I have is that it seems to regularly happen to Thor and rarely, if ever, to any of the other characters. Can anyone remember a time when Hulk was beaten senseless--without, by all appearances--even getting in a hit?
    New Avengers, Great Sun most recently, the Void in the original Sentry mini. There are others.

Sentry was overwhelmed by /Jim Hammond/, KO'd by the Anti-Man, lawn-darted by She-Hulk (and the list for him just goes on and on, honestly.)

It's just a ham-handed tool.

Made Angela a lot stronger this issue than she should be. She can fight Gamora, but Gamora is no God of Thunder.

And lol@Loki being a girl again. Not a phase that I fondly remember. Though he's confirmed to be a guy again come Axis.

Put me down in the crowd tired of the lazy writing every time Marvel wants to establish somebody as "super dee duper powerful."

"Well we need to make them seem cool. So like. For people to like them they have to be strong. Then let's just have them beat up Thor!"

"Jim, we did that last week."

"Eh, who cares? ANGELA BRO! SPAWN!"

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

I'm not upset that Thor didn't "dominate" the fight; I'm annoyed that he wasn't in any way effective in it. The way Ewing wrote it and Bianchi illustrated it, Angela basically just pimp-slapped him into unconsciousness; for all practical purposes, he wasn't even in the proverbial ring. This seems to happen to Thor on a regular basis whereas, in spite of what Tendrin stated, I've actually never seen Hulk, Sentry or another "powerhouse" character so easily defeated so regularly. I didn't say it was "dumb and lazy" but I do think it's basically poor writing because it shows no respect for the character. Consider when Gorr beat Thor (all three of them, and with the Thor Force, or whatever they call it these days). That was well done; a huge fight and respectful to the character's abilities IMHO. This was nothing like that; it was a complete beat-down (as Ewing actually implied it would be in an interview before the series came out). There wasn't even a fight to speak of, actually. I'm not saying that they should have been knocking each other into the sun or through planets but one would expect that, if they are as closely matched as the statements in the story implied, then there might actually be a fight as opposed to a pummeling.

As for Loki, I don't follow his series so I didn't realize he could shape-shift back and forth from male to female. My bad there.
    It's especially stupid since we know from GotG that Angela is weak to lightning (Star-Lord beat her with it before), but of course Thor forgets he can do anything but throw his hammer this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    By the looks of cover 5 whatever Loki was up to backfired and he's at Angela's and Heven's mercy. And here is Odin to plead for their release. Not a happy ending for the brothers Asgard!
    Yup, looks like. Which I am actually very glad about, I'd rather see Loki have his plan backfire and end up in chains than go evil again right now. I suspected he was up to something, but still, nice to have some confirmation of sorts. Still, I doubt Thor is too happy with him at the moment, even though Loki saved his life in his own special sneaky backstabbing way.

Heh, just when Thor was riding high with an excellent solo title they derail that story to shoehorn Angela into Marvel and then create a new, female Thor (as if his name is a mantle) wielding Mjolnir. "House of Ideas." LOL. I'm glad I got off that train before it went haywire.

I suspect Marvel thinks if they degrade Real Thor enough, the She-Thor replacement will be easier to accept.