Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Namor has been called the first mutant too. It's just a tagline with little to no meaning

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Oops! We can chalk it up to Kitty having a poor memory.
    nah proof that Gold is non-canon

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    America's Next Top Generic Shadowcat '08 didn't have a long shelf life.

That said, with that failed push behind us I agree she'd fit well here. If it was me the book would be Betts, Wisdom, Rachel, Rictor, Exodus (Rictor's new fling), Pixie, Cece and you guessed it - Wiz Kid. Apocalypse would be central to the plot still - he is too good not to use - but in an overseer role most of the time to keep the active team from being too top-heavy.
    Pete Wisdom, Cecelia Reyes, Wiz Kid *and* Rictor? Goodness, we could never get such a roster of deep cuts! I misread Exodus as Evan, for some reason. (I blame your avatar!)

BANNED

I mean, Julio is on the current roster, sooooo

Didn't Pete Wisdom make a cameo in the first issue, too?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    America's Next Top Generic Shadowcat '08 didn't have a long shelf life.

That said, with that failed push behind us I agree she'd fit well here. If it was me the book would be Betts, Wisdom, Rachel, Rictor, Exodus (Rictor's new fling), Pixie, Cece and you guessed it - Wiz Kid. Apocalypse would be central to the plot still - he is too good not to use - but in an overseer role most of the time to keep the active team from being too top-heavy.
    ZOMG! I loooooove Taki Matsuya!!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Didn't Pete Wisdom make a cameo in the first issue, too?
    Looked like him to me.

Marcus To is a great artist, but IMHO the title would stand out in the X-roster if it had a more Sienkiewicz-y or fantastic art style. It feels a bit too superhero-y for a book about mutant magic. Even a change of colourist or more obvious brush work in the colours would help.

--A-- is my new fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Marcus To is a great artist, but IMHO the title would stand out in the X-roster if it had a more Sienkiewicz-y or fantastic art style. It feels a bit too superhero-y for a book about mutant magic. Even a change of colourist or more obvious brush work in the colours would help.

--A-- is my new fav.
    I enjoy the art. Personally I feel the style so far fits the title. My only small issue is that is that I wish the characters would look a bit more mature and grizzled. It seems like everyone is a bit too...”pretty” at times. Not sure how to explain it.....just bugs me at times. Probably a small nitpick though.

Spectacular Member

Are Exodus and Rictor a thing now?

Exodus doesnt appear in this series. Do you mean Apoc?

BANNED

Pretty sure Exodus is a volcel.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Namor has been called the first mutant too. It's just a tagline with little to no meaning
    Think he gets called that based on publication history as he was the first mutant ever published since they retroactively made him a mutant.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post

--A-- is my new fav.
    I don't hate the art but I find it lacks ambition. Coupled with Psylocke's storyline not being as dynamic as some of the others books who also focus on a singular pov (Fallen Angels obviously but also Marauders) it just makes it my least anticipated book. Which sucks since it has my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Look, I don't know who was born when. I don't really even know that much about Selene because I've read only like two comics with her in it. What I do know is that back in the '90s (which is still an era that matters, I don't care what the haters say) Apocalypse was repeatedly referred to as "The First Mutant" or simply "The First". Now is there a comic where Selene being the first mutant is an actual plot point or something stated or not?
    Poccy was the first mutant to be called the first mutant.

After that Selene's origins were revealed and she is actually older.

Once they retconned Namor as a mutant, he also got the first mutant title since Namor comics were published before X-men comics.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.