Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 170
  1. #76
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Twincest
    Oh right they mated. Is Mr.Hickman so brave to bring both polyamory and twincest to 616?

  2. #77
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    If their going to ignore it fine, but you'd think that with a comprehensive focus on a shift in the status quo someone would have said, "uh yeah Johnathan, Selene is older than Apoccy". By like thousands of years!

    But mostly, I think Hickman wanted to focus on Apocalypse so he intentionally forgot about Selene.
    Yeah and Hickman is quite the continuity guy. Strange but I think it's like you said, just more focus on Apoc.

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah and Hickman is quite the continuity guy. Strange but I think it's like you said, just more focus on Apoc.
    Probably because Apocalypse has the superior mythology and history backing him up, just more to explore there. And Selene often come across more as an evil magician/vampire rather than a mutant.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Probably because Apocalypse has the superior mythology and history backing him up, just more to explore there. And Selene often come across more as an evil magician/vampire rather than a mutant.
    I hope that if Excalibur sticks around we eventually get a confrontation between Apocalypse and Selene.

  5. #80
    Incredible Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    If their going to ignore it fine, but you'd think that with a comprehensive focus on a shift in the status quo someone would have said, "uh yeah Johnathan, Selene is older than Apoccy". By like thousands of years!

    But mostly, I think Hickman wanted to focus on Apocalypse so he intentionally forgot about Selene.
    Maybe they can say Selene is a late bloomer. Tho older than Apocalypse, her mutant powers activated later in life. Im not sure if it makes sense with Selene's history.

  6. #81
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    do we know what variants we are getting for issue #2
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member djoki96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Maybe they can say Selene is a late bloomer. Tho older than Apocalypse, her mutant powers activated later in life. Im not sure if it makes sense with Selene's history.
    No. Her first act as a baby was to drain her mother of her life force, so she's been a mutant since birth. 12000 years before Apocalypse was even born.

  8. #83
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,811

    Default

    Am I the only one that isnt bothered or care if Selene is retconned to not be the first mutant?

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member mikeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Nice to see that Kitty also doesn’t give a shit about Rogue’s predicament.
    Rogue was in a vegetative state during the Messiah Complex. The X-Men raided Sinister's citadel in a feeble rescue " attempt", where they left Rogue behind. From what I saw, Scott and Emma didn't give a damn about leaving one of their own behinds to possibly die as a prisoner of Sinister. The only people who cared about Rogue living were Mystique and Remy.

  10. #85
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Am I the only one that isnt bothered or care if Selene is retconned to not be the first mutant?
    Yeah but Hickman already showed her in House of X . So they can’t ignore her existence. If she is not a mutant she wouldn’t be in krakoa .

  11. #86
    Spectacular Member djoki96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Am I the only one that isnt bothered or care if Selene is retconned to not be the first mutant?
    She was never even stated to be a first mutant. First known mutant, sure. But we don't know if she was actually the first.

    But, no, you're probably not. But a lot of people consider her to be their favorite female x-villain.

  12. #87
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    The questions and follow up everyone seems to be forgetting! I'm like first what....shouldn't Selene whose on the Krakoa have an issue with that?
    Aren’t some of the other Externals older than him (but less old than Selene); plus the Neyaphem and Cheyarafim

    Or does Selene’s in-universe past appearances being largely in the Hyborean books not count?

  13. #88
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Maybe they can say Selene is a late bloomer. Tho older than Apocalypse, her mutant powers activated later in life. Im not sure if it makes sense with Selene's history.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Rogue was in a vegetative state during the Messiah Complex. The X-Men raided Sinister's citadel in a feeble rescue " attempt", where they left Rogue behind. From what I saw, Scott and Emma didn't give a damn about leaving one of their own behinds to possibly die as a prisoner of Sinister. The only people who cared about Rogue living were Mystique and Remy.
    Iceman was very vocal about saving Rogue. And Angel for sum reason.

  14. #89
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Missing page:



    Still no Rictor.

  15. #90
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,811

    Default

    Shogo was a talking walking toddler and now he's back to being a baby with a pacifier that needs to be held. The kid has been around through several time jumps at this point

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •