Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Twincest
    Oh right they mated. Is Mr.Hickman so brave to bring both polyamory and twincest to 616?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    If their going to ignore it fine, but you'd think that with a comprehensive focus on a shift in the status quo someone would have said, "uh yeah Johnathan, Selene is older than Apoccy". By like thousands of years!

But mostly, I think Hickman wanted to focus on Apocalypse so he intentionally forgot about Selene.
    Yeah and Hickman is quite the continuity guy. Strange but I think it's like you said, just more focus on Apoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah and Hickman is quite the continuity guy. Strange but I think it's like you said, just more focus on Apoc.
    Probably because Apocalypse has the superior mythology and history backing him up, just more to explore there. And Selene often come across more as an evil magician/vampire rather than a mutant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Probably because Apocalypse has the superior mythology and history backing him up, just more to explore there. And Selene often come across more as an evil magician/vampire rather than a mutant.
    I hope that if Excalibur sticks around we eventually get a confrontation between Apocalypse and Selene.

If their going to ignore it fine, but you'd think that with a comprehensive focus on a shift in the status quo someone would have said, "uh yeah Johnathan, Selene is older than Apoccy". By like thousands of years!

But mostly, I think Hickman wanted to focus on Apocalypse so he intentionally forgot about Selene.
    Maybe they can say Selene is a late bloomer. Tho older than Apocalypse, her mutant powers activated later in life. Im not sure if it makes sense with Selene's history.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

do we know what variants we are getting for issue #2

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Maybe they can say Selene is a late bloomer. Tho older than Apocalypse, her mutant powers activated later in life. Im not sure if it makes sense with Selene's history.
    No. Her first act as a baby was to drain her mother of her life force, so she's been a mutant since birth. 12000 years before Apocalypse was even born.

Am I the only one that isnt bothered or care if Selene is retconned to not be the first mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Nice to see that Kitty also doesn’t give a **** about Rogue’s predicament.
    Rogue was in a vegetative state during the Messiah Complex. The X-Men raided Sinister's citadel in a feeble rescue " attempt", where they left Rogue behind. From what I saw, Scott and Emma didn't give a damn about leaving one of their own behinds to possibly die as a prisoner of Sinister. The only people who cared about Rogue living were Mystique and Remy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Am I the only one that isnt bothered or care if Selene is retconned to not be the first mutant?
    Yeah but Hickman already showed her in House of X . So they can’t ignore her existence. If she is not a mutant she wouldn’t be in krakoa .

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was never even stated to be a first mutant. First known mutant, sure. But we don't know if she was actually the first.

But, no, you're probably not. But a lot of people consider her to be their favorite female x-villain.

Astonishing Member

The questions and follow up everyone seems to be forgetting! I'm like first what....shouldn't Selene whose on the Krakoa have an issue with that?
    Aren’t some of the other Externals older than him (but less old than Selene); plus the Neyaphem and Cheyarafim

Or does Selene’s in-universe past appearances being largely in the Hyborean books not count?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Rogue was in a vegetative state during the Messiah Complex. The X-Men raided Sinister's citadel in a feeble rescue " attempt", where they left Rogue behind. From what I saw, Scott and Emma didn't give a damn about leaving one of their own behinds to possibly die as a prisoner of Sinister. The only people who cared about Rogue living were Mystique and Remy.
    Iceman was very vocal about saving Rogue. And Angel for sum reason.

Missing page:

Still no Rictor.

Shogo was a talking walking toddler and now he's back to being a baby with a pacifier that needs to be held. The kid has been around through several time jumps at this point