Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Didn't Brevoort rubberstamp Bendis' blatant errors for years?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I feel like we've gone to a handful of X-editors and yet he's been therre for as long as I can remember.
    He’s been the Avengers (and event) editor since 1998.

So there's actually going to be two deaths. Place your bets...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So there's actually going to be two deaths. Place your bets...
    By the way talks I think the characters killed will be part of an specific and well know group but no one we are supposed to know.

The main character of the issue will be Hulkling. He is "the one who will unite them all" but what group is being killed ? Maybe alien hybrids or aliens living on earth? The issue teases the implication of the X-men maybe they will ask the United Nations to eliminate all aliens on earth. After all they are a treath to the mutantkind

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    By the way talks I think the characters killed will be part of an specific and well know group but no one we are supposed to know.

The main character of the issue will be Hulkling. He is "the one who will unite them all" but what group is being killed ? Maybe alien hybrids or aliens living on earth? The issue teases the implication of the X-men maybe they will ask the United Nations to eliminate all aliens on earth. After all they are a treath to the mutantkind
    How are aliens a threat to mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I know the Skrulls get the general bad rap for being shapeshifting infiltrators, but those Kree mawfuckas are actually crazy. If the Supreme Intelligence wasn't constantly blazed and they didn't become limp-pp after Black Vortex, they would drop 324 Kree Sentries wearing Wolverine body hair on Krakoa just to get Beast's special Hot Pockets recipe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Krakoa is trying to become the dominant nation in the world. Every superpowered being is a threat for them. Alien would be the easiest group to hunt . they can turn against them the narrative we have seen in Carol series. "They are strangers" "they are planing to invade earth" "At least mutants are from Earth but these are invaders".

Or maybe is nothing like that but the mutants in the teasers are the only ones who seem shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I know the Skrulls get the general bad rap for being shapeshifting infiltrators, but those Kree mawfuckas are actually crazy. If the Supreme Intelligence wasn't constantly blazed and they didn't become limp-pp after Black Vortex, they would drop 324 Kree Sentries wearing Wolverine body hair on Krakoa just to get Beast's special Hot Pockets recipe.
    Don’t worry, Shi’ar King da Costa will save us all from the Kree and their Vox aberrations and Extreme Intelligences !

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Krakoa is trying to become the dominant nation in the world. Every superpowered being is a threat for them. Alien would be the easiest group to hunt . they can turn against them the narrative we have seen in Carol series. "They are strangers" "they are planing to invade earth" "At least mutants are from Earth but these are invaders".

Or maybe is nothing like that but the mutants in the teasers are the only ones who seem shady.
    There is nothing about Xavier or Moira’s plans that include genocide. The X-Men are still chummy comrades with the superhero community and so far there’s nothing saying otherwise.

There is nothing about Xavier or Moira’s plans that include genocide. The X-Men are still chummy comrades with the superhero community and so far there’s nothing saying otherwise.

Riiiiiight.

BANNED

That doesn’t say it either.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That doesn’t say it either.
    You're joking, right?

It’s “X-Men/Fantastic Four” not “X-Men vs Fantastic Four”

They aren’t gonna come out of this mini being enemies. Nor are they “threats.”

And dude, the X-Men/Fantastic Four event is described as a conflict between the two by Chip himself.
    Chip Zdarsky: It’s a lot of quiet family moments and giant explosive moments! The FF and the X-Men, especially right now with Krakoa, are about the family you have and the family you choose, so I’m playing with that concept a lot here. I should also say that the original Fantastic Four vs. The X-Men mini-series from the late 80s is my absolute favourite Marvel mini (Claremont! Bogdanove! Austin!) and this is, at its heart, a conceptual sequel to that.
    No matter you spin it, they are not "chummy" with the superhero community based on what we've seen. Reed and the other FF are shown to be very much against the idea of "amnesty" for mutant criminals, and you have Iron Fist's line right there saying they're acting like a bunch of weirdos.

Also...

Totally sounds like a heroic descriptor.

The reaches.

1) Iron Fist saying the mutants are being weird isn’t anything....new. The fact that he said that they should be brought onboard is proof enough that they’re still considered allies. Right there in your own scan. Their ability to still consider the X-Men a team to call on during trouble far outweighs them being considered “weirdos” and we both know that.

2) A conflict. No duh there’s gonna be conflict. But enemies? Not that. Never that.

3) I know this narrative that Krakoa is EEEEEVILLLLLL was basically the whole skeleton base of this thread but heroes being uncomfortable with what the mutants are doing isn’t proof of that. Notice how Brian teased Betsy about the overflow of villains on Krakoa yet they still trusted each other enough to go on a mission together? Or how Wolverine and Captain America still went on a mission together during Weapon Plus? There is no secret mission to murder aliens or every super powered being.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-19-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

The reaches.

1) Iron Fist saying the mutants are being weird isn’t anything....new. The fact that he said that they should be brought onboard is proof enough that they’re still considered allies. Right there is your own scan. Their ability to still consider the X-Men a team to call on during trouble far outweighs them being considered “weirdos” and we both know that.

2) A conflict. No duh there’s gonna be conflict. But enemies? Not that. Never that.

3) I know this narrative that Krakoa is EEEEEVILLLLLL was basically the whole skeleton base of this thread but heroes being uncomfortable with what the mutants are doing isn’t proof of that. Notice how Brian teased Betsy about the overflow of villains on Krakoa yet they still trusted each other enough to go on a mission together? Or how Wolverine and Captain America still went on a mission together during Weapon Plus? There is no secret mission to murder aliens or every super powered being.
    Yeah, of course there's going to be conflict between the Fantastic Four and the X-Men especially with Franklin involved but to make the leap the X-Men / Xavier have some sort of insidious plans for recruiting Franklin is quite the stretch. The X-Men's relationship to the hero Community has not been shown to be on the decline.