Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

As a cook around the house, I'd know a thing or two about salt. My personal pref is to put in generous amounts.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    An Avengers movie made almost 3 billion dollars this year while an X-Men flick was one of the biggest bombs ever... and people thing Marvel is gonna cancel the brand for the X-Men. Some of ya'll literally living in the 90s
    I don’t think the Avengers are done at all. What I do see, however, is a renewed focus on other properties while the Avengers film franchise cools off. I think they’ll mostly follow their MCU adventures via Disney+ series while they enter Phase 4 with stuff like Shang Chi and Doc Strange 2, Black Widow, the Eternals and Black Panther 2 at some point. Then I’m fully expecting Phase 5 to include the X-men and Fantastic Four, and possibly a New Avengers film with characters like the Thing, Wolverine, and possibly Shang Chi (if the film does well) along with Captain Marvel, Doc Strange and Black Panther. Among others. I feel like that will likely be based around Secret Invasion with the Skrulls, as they seem to be setting that up, possibly with some Dark Reign thrown in as rumors have said that Norman Osborn might become a major player in the MCU. Though they may opt to go with someone else due to the Spider-man rights situation and not having them fully. I also think Dr. Doom is going to be a big player going forward.

So... having said all that, I don’t think they’ll cancel the Avengers books at all. But I do expect we will see the following in the comics in the coming years:

1) Some sort of build towards a Secret Invasion 2 or something involving the Skrulls;
    2) More prominence of Doom and the FF (it looks like the latter will be front and center in Incoming already);
    3) the New Avengers making a comeback in some form; and
    4) Marvel will try to make The Eternals happen in the comics.

So I do think that the Avengers “Big 3” might cool off a bit in terms of their prominence while they do this. But I could be wrong. Just mindless speculation on my part as to where they may be headed. All I know is I could skip Phase 4 in its entirety and just want to get to Phase 5 already. In addition to X-men and FF, Phase 5 is also giving us the MCU Blade. F@$% yeah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Because I try to overcome intimidation. To indicate that I'm still here, and that questions about the vaunted Krakoan status quo will continue to be asked, whatever it takes, for as long as the run lasts, if necessary.
    Dude: It's just comic books. Most folks here are deliberately using extreme hyperbole for shits and giggles, especially when other people keep getting super-uptight about the mutant metaphor for minority rights. No one is going to go out in the streets and hunt people down. It is not that serious, and frankly neither are any of our opinions, yours or mine included. Please stop taking other people enjoying a different take on the X-Men books from you so personally. This is not a crusade. There is no crisis or resistance movement. Nothing here is special or important. People are just writing posts about comics on the Internet. It's not worth the angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t think the Avengers are done at all. What I do see, however, is a renewed focus on other properties while the Avengers film franchise cools off. I think they’ll mostly follow their MCU adventures via Disney+ series while they enter Phase 4 with stuff like Shang Chi and Doc Strange 2, Black Widow, the Eternals and Black Panther 2 at some point. Then I’m fully expecting Phase 5 to include the X-men and Fantastic Four, and possibly a New Avengers film with characters like the Thing, Wolverine, and possibly Shang Chi (if the film does well) along with Captain Marvel, Doc Strange and Black Panther. Among others. I feel like that will likely be based around Secret Invasion with the Skrulls, as they seem to be setting that up, possibly with some Dark Reign thrown in as rumors have said that Norman Osborn might become a major player in the MCU. Though they may opt to go with someone else due to the Spider-man rights situation and not having them fully. I also think Dr. Doom is going to be a big player going forward.

So... having said all that, I don’t think they’ll cancel the Avengers books at all. But I do expect we will see the following in the comics in the coming years:

1) Some sort of build towards a Secret Invasion 2 or something involving the Skrulls;
    2) More prominence of Doom and the FF (it looks like the latter will be front and center in Incoming already);
    3) the New Avengers making a comeback in some form; and
    4) Marvel will try to make The Eternals happen in the comics.

So I do think that the Avengers “Big 3” might cool off a bit in terms of their prominence while they do this. But I could be wrong. Just mindless speculation on my part as to where they may be headed. All I know is I could skip Phase 4 in its entirety and just want to get to Phase 5 already. In addition to X-men and FF, Phase 5 is also giving us the MCU Blade. F@$% yeah.
    Yeah I think I agree with most of that. With Stark and Rogers having stepped out, I think there will probably be less focus on them overall in the books. Those two essentially became the main characters of the Marvel Universe after Civil War so I could see future Avengers focusing more on the next gen of MCU heroes with a greater emphasis on X-Men and especially the Fantastic Four (since I think they'll be coming to the big screen first)

I don't know why I suspect the dead is going to be Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think they're just holding off on her till her Disney+ shows comes near and then she'll get a Vision/Scarlet Witch book like Bucky and Sam are getting

They already announced one, it's just called Avengers/Defenders: Tarot and set in the past for some reason.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Dude: It's just comic books. Most folks here are deliberately using extreme hyperbole for shits and giggles, especially when other people keep getting super-uptight about the mutant metaphor for minority rights. No one is going to go out in the streets and hunt people down. It is not that serious, and frankly neither are any of our opinions, yours or mine included. Please stop taking other people enjoying a different take on the X-Men books from you so personally. This is not a crusade. There is no crisis or resistance movement. Nothing here is special or important. People are just writing posts about comics on the Internet. It's not worth the angst.
    Mariah is skinny. **** flatscan lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Truly the Year of the X-Men. I mean decade.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Mariah is skinny. **** flatscan lives.
    .....I read something from one forum "foe" that makes me thoughtful about my own posting attitudes...and then others just keep the forest fire burning. Tangina.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Truly the Year of the X-Men. I mean decade.
    Haha. That would be amazing. They find the witch dead and they all think its the mutants, but they are to scared to say it out loud. Meanwhile Kraokans go about their day like nothing happened, except for X-force who seem to be rather cheerful lately.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    .....I read something from one forum "foe" that makes me thoughtful about my own posting attitudes...and then others just keep the forest fire burning. Tangina.
    They're trolling you, dude.

It's not like tuck frump is wrong though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It's not like tuck frump is wrong though.
    wish people would get that the ones acting all fake concerned are much bigger trolls than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Roger Roger
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

wish people would get that the ones acting all fake concerned are much bigger trolls than I am.
    Others yes, but not in this case. The moralistic freakouts are exhausting to read over and over.