Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is this even a reputable site?
    Not in the least.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The CW is the last network I want dealing with the Super Sons. Of all the properties to make into a teen drama, let's not take the fun kids property.
    That's how I feel. And it will almost definitely cement 17-year-old Jon as "the" Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That's how I feel. And it will almost definitely cement 17-year-old Jon as "the" Jon.
    That is a legitimate concern but to play Devil's Advocate, what makes you think they'll use 17 year old Jon? 10 year old Jon has the most definitive relationship with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Not in the least.
    This is the same site which claims Disney is planning to make a Dragon Ball movie despite the fact that Studio Bird, Toei and Akira Toriyama own the rights to any adaptation of the franchise. So this report should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    That is a legitimate concern but to play Devil's Advocate, what makes you think they'll use 17 year old Jon? 10 year old Jon has the most definitive relationship with Damian.
    cause teen drama and target demographics being teens.

Astonishing Member

Could they even use the same actors for teen Jon? TH is too young looking to pull off playing a father to a 17yr old. I don't think they'll leap before they learn how to walk (I know I'm giving CW a lot of credit here) but 10yr old Jon is the definitive Superboy if they want to use Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    cause teen drama and target demographics being teens.
    Exactly. If CW did the Supersons, I believe the characters would be 15-25. Old enough to use adult actors and have lots of romantic dramas. It's not what Supersons is to me, but I think it's the direction the network would go.

Edit: Unless they went half-hour sitcom thing or some other format different than their other superhero shows.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-19-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Apparently CW is looking for someone around 14 to play Jon. Which is fair. Old enough to appeal to the CW's teen demographic and to be the same age as Damian. But still young enough to be considered a kid, to still be kinda figuring himself out, to still have time to grow, and to still need raising and guidance from his parents. I'm cool with this.

Mighty Member

My reservations with 14 are simply that Clark was about that age at the beginning of Smallville. I want to see different ground covered. That said, if they want to get Jon in on the action I understand why they'd go with 14, just so he can be more involved fighting and action wise. It's one thing to have a 10 year old do action stuff in a comic, it's more complicated in a tv show with a real actor.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Lets hope it's just a rumour. Hbo and animated is the only way to do Supersons