Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Punisher #9 (Discussion/spoilers)

In this Punisher issue we got good stuff in it, we have Adam the Howling Commando in charge of putting Frank down reporting to his bosses and we have a huge revelation regarding Frank's family! He escaped from the plane of Crossbones, saved Black Widow and wasted almost every goon of Crossbones that were in the ship.

Nathan Edmondson and Mitch Gerads presented us a great action book with high paced story, in fact this book has been really solid since issue #7. Mitch Gerads art is very sharp in this issue he really shined like he usually do.

There is a thing i didn't like the Punisher wouldn't trust Black Widow in my opinion and he definetely should have some backup plan he case she tried to apprehend him , she is an Avenger and works for SHIELD there is no great math to do here. This cost him a travel to a south american prison... Which can be a good story... Frank in prison is always good!

OVERALL RATE: 8 out of 10.

It was weird that he trusted her especially after the Rucka War Zone mini.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Agreed, i didn't understand that either. Both of them in this book, did their own "mission" and Frank seemed to didn't care about her doings but i didn't imagine that he was caught off guard by her so easily...

Ultimate Member

I can buy it. They are kind of similar in many ways, so maybe Frank sees them as "kindred spirits" in a way. Heck it's people like her being on the Avengers that makes their attitude towards Frank seem pretty damn hypocritical. Anyway my favorite male Marvel character and my favorite female Marvel character in the same book was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I can buy it. They are kind of similar in many ways, so maybe Frank sees them as "kindred spirits" in a way.
    Well after what he done in War Zone he was pretty naive in this issue. It's not a deal breaker for me but it's a bit out of character, imo.

Mighty Member

Gotta say, I'm kind of losing interest in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Gotta say, I'm kind of losing interest in this arc.
    It's over, now he is in prison. And when Frank is imprisoned it's interesting.

Mighty Member

I meant the overall arc. The whole thing is a cycle of being captured and escaping. When Edmondson said he was going to show off Frank's tactical abilities, I didn't think it would be primarily through getting caught and escaping over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    By this point how much shit has gone down between every character and every other character, no Marvel character should really be trusting the other. Writers employ selective memory all the time when writing character teamups.

Anyway, I'm liking this new Punisher series. The last scene had me lolin, cuz you know Frank is going to do something very unfortunate to that cellmate of his.

Hey fellow Punisher fans. Was Frank even in Black Widow?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yes it's practically the same story, but with 2 perspectives. You pick the one you like the most, personally i like the Punisher most.

cthulhu

Finally got around to re-reg. Been enjoying this run but it isn't without faults, I'm counting 4 times the Punisher has been captured this run, he has been getting his ass kicked a little too much for me. It has been good but seems to be jumping about a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    Yes it's practically the same story, but with 2 perspectives. You pick the one you like the most, personally i like the Punisher most.
    Thanks brother.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"we have a huge revelation regarding Frank's family"

What is it?

BANNED

I'm sticking with this run for now but, like others, I'm getting tired of Frank getting caught over and over. Him landing in jail at the end of this issue marks at least the third time over the last four issues or so that he's ended up in the same basic predicament. It hasn't made the book awful but it's starting to make it tedious. I want to see Frank unleashed, not just another story of "well, how's he gonna get free this time?" This run started out like gangbusters and I have faith it can still deliver as I still love the depiction of Frank himself and Gerads art is ideal for the book. After Frank gets out of the prison he's dumped in at the end of this issue, I sincerely hope he gets back to LA pronto, stays out of captivity for awhile, and gets back to taking down some major league scum.