Incredible Member

Default DC soliciations for February: Cheetah is getting her own collection!

The link to the solicitations is here.

WONDER WOMAN: THE CHEETAH TP
    written by WILLIAM MOULTON MARSTON, GEORGE PÉREZ, GREG RUCKA, GEOFF JOHNS, and others
    art by H.G. PETER, GEORGE PÉREZ, DREW JOHNSON, TONY S. DANIEL, BILQUIS EVELY, and others
    cover by VICTOR IBAÑEZ
    As the Cheetah takes the big screen for the first time in Wonder Woman 1984, this collection highlights the greatest comic book appearances of Wonder Woman’s fierce feline foe! Explore the most villainous stories from throughout the Cheetah’s 75-year history in stories from Wonder Woman #6 (1943), #274, #275 (1980), #9 (1987), The Flash #219 (2005), Wonder Woman #214 (2005), Justice League #13-14 (2012), Wonder Woman #23.1 (2013), and Wonder Woman #8 (2016).
    ON SALE 03.11.20
    $19.99 US | 216 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9166-2

I love that Debbie Domaine is being included, and also that great story Flash/WW crossover story.

Cheetah.jpg

Diana's also going to appear in the Supergirl book:

SUPERGIRL #39
    written by JODY HOUSER
    art by RACHAEL STOTT
    cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    card stock variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    After the Lasso of Truth reveals something unexpected about Supergirl’s infection, Wonder Woman is quickly running out of ways to try to bring Kara back peacefully. Making matters worse, the government has sent robotic military backup to Smallville to deal with the possible atomic threat of Infected Supergirl—and neither Wonder Woman nor Supergirl is prepared for the innocent casualties this could mean for the town.
    ON SALE 02.12.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Supergirl 39.jpg

And here are the solicits for WW 85 & 86:

WONDER WOMAN #85
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by JAN DUURSEMA
    cover by AARON LOPRESTI
    variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Wonder Woman…under arrest! As she starts to protect her new hometown of Boston, the city wonders—who will protect Boston from her? Agent Nora Nunes must shadow Wonder Woman for a day to ensure the city will be safe if Diana resides there. But what starts as a tranquil day transforms into disaster relief, and Diana and Nora will need to survive not only the elements, but also the arrival of the three Dark Fates!
    ON SALE 02.12.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

WONDER WOMAN #86
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by MAX RAYNOR
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    The Event Leviathan fallout continues! While Wonder Woman battled Cheetah on Themyscira and stood with the Justice League against the Legion of Doom, Leviathan struck! Without Diana’s help, Etta Candy and Steve Trevor lost everything when A.R.G.U.S. was destroyed. Unable to accept defeat at the hands of Leviathan, Trevor hunts down their agents one by one, becoming one of the world’s most wanted. Now Wonder Woman must find Trevor before the rest of the DC Universe does. Only she can save him from his worst enemy...his own thirst for vengeance!
    ON SALE 02.26.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

And Justice League Dark:

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #20
    written by RAM V and JAMES TYNION IV
    art by KYLE HOTZ
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    The Floronic Man’s unintended rise to power has thrown The Parliaments of Life into chaos. Even though the villain lies deep in the cells of the Hall of Justice, life itself is being warped by his reach! With Swamp Thing gone, the Justice League Dark must join forces with some of the most powerful avatars, like Animal Man, to help set things right. But the magical team’s troubles are just beginning, as an old evil from a familiar swamp casts its shadow over them all, waiting for the perfect time to strike!
    ON SALE 02.26.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

And Dead Earth #2:

WONDER WOMAN: DEAD EARTH #2
    written by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON
    art and cover by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON
    variant cover by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON
    Determined to give the remnants of humanity refuge on the shores of Themyscira, Wonder Woman’s hopes are dashed when she finds the island paradise a shadow of its former self, with her Amazon sisters long gone and something unimaginable in their place.
    PRESTIGE PLUS
    ON SALE 02.19.20
    $6.99 US | 2 OF 4 | 48 PAGES
    APPROX. 8.5” x 10.875”
    FC | DC BLACK LABEL
    AGES 17+
    BIMONTHLY

Wonder Woman Dead Earth 2.jpg
    Last edited by Frank; 11-15-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Incredible Member

This Frisson variant for WW 85 is awesome:

Wonder Woman 85 Frisson.jpg

Here's the regular cover for WW 85:

Wonder Woman 85.jpg

March's cover for WW 86 is also pretty sweet!

Wonder Woman 86.jpg

I'm digging the Dark Fates from what we've seen of them so far.

And it's great to see Cheetah finally get her own compilation! I do wish they didn't include the New 52 Cheetah issue, though, and instead had more Rebirth. I can see new readers interested in the character being super confused by all of it.

Was happy to see Wonder Woman back to a biweekly with #'s 85 and 86....hopefully that's a good sign that DC will allow Diana to continue to (at least!) #100!
    But I have to say....both issues have a very "fill-in" feel to them....don't know how I feel about that, or what it might signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    This Frisson variant for WW 85 is awesome:

Wonder Woman 85 Frisson.jpg

Here's the regular cover for WW 85:

Wonder Woman 85.jpg

March's cover for WW 86 is also pretty sweet!

Wonder Woman 86.jpg
    86 is actually out in February....looks like WW is back to biweekly (for now!) starting in February!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

And it's great to see Cheetah finally get her own compilation! I do wish they didn't include the New 52 Cheetah issue, though, and instead had more Rebirth. I can see new readers interested in the character being super confused by all of it.

Do you mean Cheetah's New 52 one-shot or everything from the New 52? I ask because I really enjoyed Geoff Johns' take on her from Justice League #13 and 14. It showed how powerful and cunning she is. I think those 2 issues are well-deserving of being included in a Cheetah collection.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh God, the Year of the Villain and Leviathan crap just does not want to screw off already.

On the other hand, Steve going rogue sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Yes it's very confusing. That version is pretty much a dud, and they have no plans for it going forward I would assume. At least Rucka's issue during Year One has a Barbara Minerva slightly more in line with herself in the Perez issue. The whack job from Idaho segueing back to the British heiress/archaeologist is all over the map.

Jenny Frison stole my idea! (She must read minds) I was going to draw a realistic version of the Super-Friends costume but her's has to be better than mine.

She posted a GREAT pic on instagram today of Marvel's Fearless superheroines.

EDQWqGLWwAAjBl4.jpg

Spectacular Member

with the leviathan tie in from WW annual, i feel like Steve is being framed. I wonder how Diana will deal with all this, seeing how she is angry on the cover.

Could Deborah ever work as her own character?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Could Deborah ever work as her own character?
    You mean without being the Cheetah? No, I think that's an essential component.

Wow, is Steve finally getting a character arc after decades of nothing?

Honestly, that Cheetah collection is rather meh. It's like they just picked the most self-contained stories they could find. Domaine and New 52 origin are pretty much completely irrelevant, I'd much rather see more of Perez, Jiminez and Rucka. Or even that Phoenix egg story from Sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Honestly, that Cheetah collection is rather meh. It's like they just picked the most self-contained stories they could find. Domaine and New 52 origin are pretty much completely irrelevant, I'd much rather see more of Perez, Jiminez and Rucka. Or even that Phoenix egg story from Sensation.
    Yes! The Phoenix egg story would've been a fantastic inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Do you mean Cheetah's New 52 one-shot or everything from the New 52? I ask because I really enjoyed Geoff Johns' take on her from Justice League #13 and 14. It showed how powerful and cunning she is. I think those 2 issues are well-deserving of being included in a Cheetah collection.
    Just the one-shot, definitely. 13 and 14 are great showings for Cheetah and don't delve into her New 52 origin (which has been done away with).