Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - "Penultimate chapter" of Shazam? Will the book go on past issue 12?
    The solicit only says it's the penultimate chapter of the story arc, but yeah, I do think it'll end at #12, considering the constant delays. It needs to relaunch with a new writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Waiting for better times...
    Yup! The future sure doesn't look any brighter either.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The solicit only says it's the penultimate chapter of the story arc, but yeah, I do think it'll end at #12, considering the constant delays. It needs to relaunch with a new writer.
    Definitely. I've been enjoying what Johns has done but good grief the delays are maddening.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Definitely. I've been enjoying what Johns has done but good grief the delays are maddening.
    Same.

I love what's being written, but I feel like it's really holding back the character to have such infrequent publication. At this point there almost needs to be a big time jump between the current stories in Shazam and his DC-Infected appearances. (Unless his Johns origin has been pushed forward in the timeline and he was never a JLA member).

Similarly, I feel like Black Adam has barely been used since the dawn of nu52, and I can't help but look at the erratic Shazam publication schedule as the reason. Yes, he's had a couple of one shots in recent memory, but those are virtually his ONLY appearances since 2010. I would love to see him back in a regular role in an ongoing.

I say let Johns finish his 12 issue run, and get the book in the hands of somebody who can get it on a regular publication schedule.

I have to assume Johns doesn't have complete creative control of the character anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Nothing interests me anymore.
    Entire Bendis line is slowly becoming boring.
    Most of my favorite characters are ruined or in a bad shape.
    Writers I don't like are running wild holding DC in their hands.

Waiting for better times...

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I feel you, this is a bad time to be a DC fan for me anyway. I'm down to just The Green Lantern and Detective Comics once Deathstroke finishes.

This is so accurate, it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Same.

I love what's being written, but I feel like it's really holding back the character to have such infrequent publication. At this point there almost needs to be a big time jump between the current stories in Shazam and his DC-Infected appearances. (Unless his Johns origin has been pushed forward in the timeline and he was never a JLA member).
    Well, we do know that a lot of that run had to have happened differently to what was published, due to Superman Reborn. Superman was now older. Wonder Woman's storyline is almost completely wiped out as not only could her romance with Clark now not have happened, a lot of her solo turned out to have never happened as well - everything involving Themyscira. Cyborg would no longer have had his origin in the first arc, but I suppose that's explainable as being an upgrade or repairs. Since a later arc is the origin of Jessica Cruz, the run can't be entirely out of continuity - but Shazam's involvement can as he never did anything major.

Incidentally though, the required time skip before Year of the Villain isn't as big as you think, because the current Shazam series did state it was a year since the family got their powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman