Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Marvel Teasing an Ant-Man and the Wasp Book with Jan and Hank?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...n-and-the-wasp

I know Scott has a book coming out with Cassie but they really never do these kind of articles with Janet and Hank. It's just so random and specific about them together. I smell something. Thoughts?

Per the opening of the article, sounds more like this is because of Iron Man’s current arc than anything else.

I don’t remember any of these articles ever teasing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Per the opening of the article, sounds more like this is because of Iron Man’s current arc than anything else.

I don’t remember any of these articles ever teasing anything.
    It is but this is an Iron Man book and they just don't bother doing this ever with Hank and Jan. Promoting them this way I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It is but this is an Iron Man book and they just don't bother doing this ever with Hank and Jan. Promoting them this way I mean.
    They’ve done the same kind of article for tons of characters, like the Controller.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...the-controller

Again, don’t think these articles are the massive promos you think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...n-and-the-wasp

I know Scott has a book coming out with Cassie but they really never do these kind of articles with Janet and Hank. It's just so random and specific about them together. I smell something. Thoughts?
    Hm... I dunno, Captain, but you might be on to something. I agree with you this seems very specific, not to mention there is not a single negative thing said about their past relationship together. I don't know what it actually means, or if it means something at all, but at least it's a nice nod to the characters.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Think about it. If they find a way to split the fused Vision and Wonder Man, they can use the same method to split Pymtron too. And the way that article ends, could that be exactly what's happening? The return of Hank Pym? And if so, well, I think Janet needs to introduce him to somebody...

The preview is up:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...k-iron-man-18/
    spoilers:
    And they HAVE separated Vision and Simon.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-15-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Think about it. If they find a way to split the fused Vision and Wonder Man, they can use the same method to split Pymtron too. And the way that article ends, could that be exactly what's happening? The return of Hank Pym? And if so, well, I think Janet needs to introduce him to somebody...

The preview is up:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...k-iron-man-18/
    spoilers:
    And they HAVE separated Vision and Simon.
    end of spoilers
    It still leaves the problem of Hank's soul having been eaten by Devondra in Infinity Countdown... if they split Pymtron, is there even something left of Hank to fill his body?

Of course, nobody knows in-story that Hank's soul was yanked from Ultron and eaten, besides Gamora... will this be a case of ignoring past stories?

EDIT: and will they WANT to de-fuse Pymtron? Nobody has done anything to try and help Hank up to now, I don't see why it would change now... except of course if it's done to defeat Ultron...
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 11-15-2019 at 03:08 PM.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    It still leaves the problem of Hank's soul having been eaten by Devondra in Infinity Countdown... if they split Pymtron, is there even something left of Hank to fill his body?

Of course, nobody knows in-story that Hank's soul was yanked from Ultron and eaten, besides Gamora... will this be a case of ignoring past stories?

EDIT: and will they WANT to de-fuse Pymtron? Nobody has done anything to try and help Hank up to now, I don't see why it would change now... except of course if it's done to defeat Ultron...
    I have to agree when it comes to helping other members like Hank and/or Carol: The Avengers sort of bad at that.

That would suck for Janet. She deserves better. If Sue can go it alone, the first female Avenger should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I have to agree when it comes to helping other members like Hank and/or Carol: The Avengers sort of bad at that.
    It wasn't always the case...

Avengers vol3no19.JPG

... but in general, I agree with you. Sometimes I think they took that whole "not prying into others' business" a bit too far.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Of course they would want to help Hank if they believe they can. The issue up to now has been that they believe he is dead and that Ultron is just wearing his corpse--so from their thinking there is no Hank left to save.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Of course they would want to help Hank if they believe they can. The issue up to now has been that they believe he is dead and that Ultron is just wearing his corpse--so from their thinking there is no Hank left to save.
    That is a very valid point. Although, following the end of Rage of Ultron up to Pymtron's appearance in UA, they didn't know that. There was a line in UA that said Carol (who was in space at the time) did try to find him/it. but apart from that line, we haven't been shown any attempt to help or even just a thought by one character or another to try to find him. Even Nadia never questionned Jan about whether she was sure he was dead, and by her characterization in her books, she at least SHOULD have looked into it. If she's anything like her dad, she wouldn't just do nothing or not try something. Meeting him was the reason she escaped the Red Room after all. She's not the kind to give up.

When Hank got fused with Ultron in RoU, the others just stood there and watched it take off into space without even trying to stop him... remember it's Ultron we're talkng about, and they just let it leave. We even saw him later on, drifting in space in a fœtal position... not very hard to find if you ask me I know this is probably part of some narrative and I'm looking too much into this, but hey, that's all we fans have had to go on for the last almost five years.

If nobody in the Ultron Agenda arc thinks: "hey, we could try this technology to try and free Hank from Ultron" (and not: "hey, we could try this technology to try to defeat Ultron") I'll be very disappointed.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Doubt it. Probably just tying into what Slott is doing with Iron Man.

Not going to get my hopes up. Current, Marvel seems to have a pretty straight forward agenda in regards to older characters. Can't see them bring back Hank, of all characters, back anytime soon. (Unless its for villainous pursuits)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Marvel even had a "Giant Man" mini recently, starred by everyone BUT Pym. And the most recent ant man & wasp comic only mentioned Pym and Janet as a teasing, before jumping to the actual main characters, Lang and Nadia. I doubt they want to use the wifebeater anytime soon