Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'd more believe him as the scientist supreme of AIM. why not try to do what Roberto Dacosta did? the organization doesn't have a background check. and he could do what he does best; odd science.
    AIM tried to recruit Hank a couple times in the comics so having Hank join AIM and try to turn the organization into a force for good would of been interesting if Sunspot had not already done it.

I think they could probably still do a 'Hank Pym joins AIM' storyline but with Hank acting as a mole inside the organisation. Everyone thinking Hanks gone full villain but he is secretly trying to bring the group down from the inside and feeding intel to the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like me some Hank, but that whole Mighty Avengers riff about the Scientist Supreme sometimes came across as bad fanfic. (Yes, it was attempting to course-correct from decades of bad writing choices regarding the character, but still, a little much, IMO.)

I wouldn't mind some exploration of his actual scientific progression. We get that it's comics, and 'scientists' like Reed and Tony and Hank are inexplicably multi-disciplinary, like the Professor from Gilligan's Island, just arbitrarily good at *everything,* but I'm intrigued particularly by how Pym's research into insect hive-mind collective intelligence and parallel-processing could lead to his study of human brain engrams and the development of AI, like Ultron.

It all dovetails kind of organically into each other, which is neat, and could suggest other areas, such as him being the father of parallel processing computing, and kind of serving as the source of his technical / financial success (since he sure didn't get a million bucks from that ant-telepathy patent...).

(The Pym Particle, on the other hand, I got nuthin,' it kind of comes out of nowhere.)
    Hank's scientific field of expertise should really be quantum physics like it is in the movies given the Pym particles are his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    AIM tried to recruit Hank a couple times in the comics so having Hank join AIM and try to turn the organization into a force for good would of been interesting if Sunspot had not already done it.

I think they could probably still do a 'Hank Pym joins AIM' storyline but with Hank acting as a mole inside the organisation. Everyone thinking Hanks gone full villain but he is secretly trying to bring the group down from the inside and feeding intel to the Avengers.
    that's thinking small. the issue was that a corrupted branch of AIM tried to steal his property and, afterwards, tried to talk him into joining so he would stop fighting them. i'm suggesting that Pym forcibly takeover AIM. it wouldn't be a negotiation like Dacosta's approach. and i'm not even suggesting that Pym would be a hero. this is about him having a vision for the world and using science to achieve it. AIM would just be the worker bees.

Ultimate Member

Hank's scientific field of expertise should really be quantum physics like it is in the movies given the Pym particles are his thing.
    There's a whacky part of me that wonders if the 'Pym particle' and it's size-changing / mass-changing / position-changing properties aren't tied somehow to the Space stone.

It would be funky to find out that there are some singular people that have somehow gotten entangled with the Infinity Stones, and are connected to them, and 'channeling' them, in some way. Moondragon - Mind. Wanda Maximoff (originally) / Billy Kaplan (currently) - Reality. Monica Rambeau - Power. Hank Pym - Space. Jericho Drumm - Soul. Etc. Alternately, the existence of those Infinity Stones might in some way be connected to the nature of those people's powers.

Scott Lang and Nadia Van Dyne were quantum entangled for a bit.

Ultimate Member

Scott Lang and Nadia Van Dyne were quantum entangled for a bit.
    Heh, I read that story, but I can't help remember the scene from the second movie.

Hank "While you were in the quantum realm, you might have become quantum entangled with Janet..."
    Scott "I'd never do that Hank, I respect you too much!"
    Hank (rolls eyes)

that's thinking small. the issue was that a corrupted branch of AIM tried to steal his property and, afterwards, tried to talk him into joining so he would stop fighting them. i'm suggesting that Pym forcibly takeover AIM. it wouldn't be a negotiation like Dacosta's approach. and i'm not even suggesting that Pym would be a hero. this is about him having a vision for the world and using science to achieve it. AIM would just be the worker bees.
    I'm not sure Hank would forcibly takeover AIM. It doesn't really seem like something he would do or have the kind of power to pull off. They already have the Pymtech company in the comics now that Hank seemingly founded off panel. The company seems to be what he was using to forward his scientific work.

Bruce Banner is also doing the whole 'force the world to my will' thing in Immortal Hulk since he took over shadow base and their resources.

I'm not sure Hank would forcibly takeover AIM. It doesn't really seem like something he would do or have the kind of power to pull off.
    Ultron could do it. it's no less believable than Eternity A) choosing to speak to a mortal and B) choosing that mortal as "scientist supreme."

Ultron could do it. it's no less believable than Eternity A) choosing to speak to a mortal and B) choosing that mortal as "scientist supreme."
    Ultron has no need of AIM. They are just meatbags for him.

I'm not sure Hank would forcibly takeover AIM. It doesn't really seem like something he would do or have the kind of power to pull off. They already have the Pymtech company in the comics now that Hank seemingly founded off panel. The company seems to be what he was using to forward his scientific work.
    I agree with you. I can't see this as something Hank would do, nor be capable of doing.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If there can be two 'Wasps,' then surely there can be two 'Giant-Men.' It's no biggie.

Plus Raz could just use a Hindi word instead (like Vishaal), if Pym didn't want to share the Giant-Man title.

Or Pym could take on whichever of Stature or Stinger Cassie isn't using this week. Girl's following in 'Uncle Hanks' footsteps, changing her identities (and powersets) every couple of years.
    I kind of like this idea of this Raz guy taking on a Hindi name. I'm always fond of the "pay tribute to our ancestors" kind of thing. I don't know if Hank would want to "share" a code name... I don't really thing he would ask for his stuff back, but if I was the other guy wearing the mantle, I'd be uncomfortable keeping it if the previous owner came back, especially if he hadn't given it to me to begin with. That may be just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    That was different. He took up the mantle to honor her. He would have given it back in a heartbeat. It’s starting to look like either Raz is odd man out, Yellow Jacket or a new identity. Mary Jay you should do a poll. I liked him both as Giant-Man and Yellow Jacket. Never as Ant-Man because he just didn’t fit in this identity amongst Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk. He became more of an equal as Giant-Man. Well almost. 12 feet tall didn’t cut the mustard. Now at 100 feet tall he is very formidable.
    I might try to do that! I have no idea how to but it can't be that hard. I'm always hesitant to do things like this because I always fear people are going to take the opportunity to post negative or mean comments, and it's going to escaladate as it sometimes does.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

silly me. you're right. Hank is entirely incapable of taking over AIM. but he's dead. so i guess that it doesn't matter.

p.s. Raz is american. he should remain Giant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Ultron has no need of AIM. They are just meatbags for him.
    my point was that Hank potentially has Ultron's "power" right now. if his mind took back over, what would stop him from taking over an organization that the Wizard and Superior Octopus have co-opted in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I kind of like this idea of this Raz guy taking on a Hindi name. I'm always fond of the "pay tribute to our ancestors" kind of thing. I don't know if Hank would want to "share" a code name... I don't really thing he would ask for his stuff back, but if I was the other guy wearing the mantle, I'd be uncomfortable keeping it if the previous owner came back, especially if he hadn't given it to me to begin with. That may be just me though.

I might try to do that! I have no idea how to but it can't be that hard. I'm always hesitant to do things like this because I always fear people are going to take the opportunity to post negative or mean comments, and it's going to escaladate as it sometimes does.
    That’s always a possibility but you would only be asking people to vote for their favorite Hank persona. Since you are probably Hank’s biggest fan on these boards you would be the perfect person for it.

Given we've had multiple characters share names before I doubt it's a concern. If it's that big an issue just call Hank Dr. Pym again or something.