Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Robert Venditti/Doug Mahnke new Justice League team

Just announced. Can’t wait to see what they bring us.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...and-matt-ryan/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Looks like Madame Xanadu joins the team.

Not excited about Venditti but we'll see.

Mahnke is cool though.

Seems kinda Filler-ish to me given that Snyder isnt actually done with his Story, its just turning into an Event
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Xanadu was a supporting character in Venditti's Hawkman book. If she's in JL, I'd like to see him bring in the Hawks too. Having Carter, Kendra and Shayera in the same book would be quite entertaining to see.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Xanadu was a supporting character in Venditti's Hawkman book. If she's in JL, I'd like to see him bring in the Hawks too.
    This. As well as bringing in an Atom. I love both Ray and Ryan, so either are welcome on this team.

Mahnke is one of my favorite artists of all time so I’m pretty excited for his addition to the book. Not a big fan of Venditti. Also, do we really need yet another evil Kryptonian invasion?!?

Double post

BANNED

Didn't click the link, because I don't want to risk Bleeding Cool freezing my browser, but...

What shenanigans are going on at DC to where Robert Venditti keeps getting jobs over there? His stories aren't good, he doesn't bring any sales, and a lot of fans don't care for his work.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Venditti's first arc on Hawkman was overly long IMO but the characterization was solid. I did like the twists he made to Hawkman and the 2nd year of the title has been much better IMO. As for his Justice League plans, I hope he adds Atom(Ray), Black Canary, Dr. Light(Kimiyo), Hawkman, and Vixen to the team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Great! Now Carter and Kendra can finally talk and some drama between Carter and hawkgirl and hawkwoman should be interesting to see.

Venditti is the type to be a pinch-hitter on a filler run, which is what this probably is.

I am a little concerned about him writing prominent female characters in a team book like this, since that's never been his forte.

He followed Johns now he's following Snyder. Man, there's an uphill battle. But I think he might do ok here as long as he doesn't have Lois divorce Superman on page 2. Save that for Bendis.

I wasn't much of a fan of any of his Green lantern stuff, but he might do better if he doesn't have to worry about giving deep characterizations to any one person.
    Save Ferris...

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Not so excited about Venditti writing it. He not bad, Just not that good imo. But looks like Eradicator gets some highlights this time, I like to seeing it since I'm a Superman and his legends fanboy lol
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Fantastic Member

I typically don't pick up Justice League but Snyder and John's made me fans of the team. I am willing to give any creative team a shot I have been pleasantly surprised before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Didn't click the link, because I don't want to risk Bleeding Cool freezing my browser, but...

What shenanigans are going on at DC to where Robert Venditti keeps getting jobs over there? His stories aren't good, he doesn't bring any sales, and a lot of fans don't care for his work.
    Easy-look at what books he gets.

When they are writing guys of the "privileged" kind-they can't hurt sales because books like those don't have issues getting books ordered.

When they are writing guys that folks (mainly store owners) don't like, don't feel like should have a book or is a new character-bad to struggling sales happen.

It's not shenanigans-DC knows some fans put CHARACTER over whoever the writer is. They can get away with it. The "quality" argument goes away.