Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know people flack on Venditti's early GL and Flash work, and he kind of deserved that, but the guy had a lauded run revamping X-O Manowar and on a general basis seems to deliver solid work.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Easy-look at what books he gets.

When they are writing guys of the "privileged" kind-they can't hurt sales because books like those don't have issues getting books ordered.

When they are writing guys that folks (mainly store owners) don't like, don't feel like should have a book or is a new character-bad to struggling sales happen.

It's not shenanigans-DC knows some fans put CHARACTER over whoever the writer is. They can get away with it. The "quality" argument goes away.
    He’s writing freaking Hawkman and Freedom Fighters now lol. Those are not characters with huge built in fanbases. I’ve enjoyed his GL Rebirth, Hawkman and Freedom Fighter runs so I’m kinda looking forward to this.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Venditti's first arc on Hawkman was overly long IMO but the characterization was solid. I did like the twists he made to Hawkman and the 2nd year of the title has been much better IMO. As for his Justice League plans, I hope he adds Atom(Ray), Black Canary, Dr. Light(Kimiyo), Hawkman, and Vixen to the team.
    That's a no from me. He doesn't understand how her powers work as showcased in his Damage comic and thats already a red flag on how he would use her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    That's a no from me. He doesn't understand how her powers work as showcased in his Damage comic and thats already a red flag on how he would use her.
    So because he misused her one time. He should never write her ever again? Wow.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    So because he misused her one time. He should never write her ever again? Wow.
    It's Venditti...I wouldn't put it past him to continue writing her like that. If he can prove me wrong props to him but Vixen is one of those characters that writers easily hand-wave to get wrong.

BANNED

what do you think is more likely to happen now that robert has all the hawks will it be carterXkendra or carterXShayera?

carterXkendra.jpg

Hawkwoman-and-Hawkman-kiss-1886.jpg

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

What happened with Vixen in Damage?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    what do you think is more likely to happen now that robert has all the hawks will it be carterXkendra or carterXShayera?

carterXkendra.jpg

Hawkwoman-and-Hawkman-kiss-1886.jpg
    Definitely the latter, considering that Kendra is with Martian Manhunter!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not shenanigans-DC knows some fans put CHARACTER over whoever the writer is. They can get away with it. The "quality" argument goes away.
    Funny that Venditti is the writer you're using as an example because his first run on "Green Lantern" made me drop the book, and that's a book I had always gotten (except for dropping it a few years into the Kyle era)- I even bought "Action Comics Weekly!"

Fantastic Member

I will give Justice League a shot I know some people don't like his run on Green Lantern but, the man was following Geoff John's run. Johns' had this large sweeping storyline for Green Lantern that I don't know could be topped by any writer at this point. But, I am liking Morrison's Green Lantern.

I'm more concerned with who's going to pencil Detective now?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What happened with Vixen in Damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What happened?
    Damage somehow ripped the animal spirit she was using which somehow knocked her out. Her powers don't even work like this and the spirit isn't even physical at all. He kept writing it like this. I have a huge problem like this because it severely weakens her and she's already a character who can't afford that.

Her and her teammates were also acting incompetent just to make Damage look good.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'm more concerned with who's going to pencil Detective now?
    Brad Walker is still on this book, as well as Kyle Hotz.

Damage somehow ripped the animal spirit she was using which somehow knocked her out. Her powers don't even work like this and the spirit isn't even physical at all. He kept writing it like this. I have a huge problem like this because it severely weakens her and she's already a character who can't afford that.

Her and her teammates were also acting incompetent just to make Damage look good.
    Yeah, that...I don't know where he got that from .