Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah, he’s alright. I loved his first 12 issues on Hawkman.
    I loved many issues of Hal n Pals.

Anyways, Venditti over King and Bendis. Any. Damn. Day.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Funny that Venditti is the writer you're using as an example because his first run on "Green Lantern" made me drop the book, and that's a book I had always gotten (except for dropping it a few years into the Kyle era)- I even bought "Action Comics Weekly!"
    Keyword SOME fans.

However because the book says Green Lantern-that gets it on shelves at stores well above whatever cancellation levels a book NOT named Green Lantern or Flash would get under him.

I know people flack on Venditti's early GL and Flash work, and he kind of deserved that, but the guy had a lauded run revamping X-O Manowar and on a general basis seems to deliver solid work.
    That's an editorial and company issue.

Stores I visited could NOT keep that X-O run in stock yet his DC books don't have that issues. Which is why I see so many of those books PACKING bins.

But then again that seems to be an issue with many who write for other companies.

Damage somehow ripped the animal spirit she was using which somehow knocked her out. Her powers don't even work like this and the spirit isn't even physical at all. He kept writing it like this. I have a huge problem like this because it severely weakens her and she's already a character who can't afford that.

Her and her teammates were also acting incompetent just to make Damage look good.
    Like Hotspot was done in Sideways.

That is an editor issue. Brittany Holzherr has WORKED on a book with Vixen before.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Keyword SOME fans.

However because the book says Green Lantern-that gets it on shelves at stores well above whatever cancellation levels a book NOT named Green Lantern or Flash would get under him.
    I was not trying to contradict you, because I will buy almost any book with GL (Hal) in it regardless of the writer, yet Venditti's first run on GL made me drop the book- that's how much I disliked what he was doing there. That's all I was saying.

And I agree about your other point.