Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pitch a Spider-Man Title

With Dan Slott leaving Amazing Spider-Man, and a new writer coming on board, there are probably some big changes afoot. So I'm curious about what title you'd approve if you had the opportunity.

My pitch...

The Legendary Spider-Man
    This would be a bit like Marvel Knights Spider-Man was supposed to be, with top creative teams coming on board for runs of approximately twelve issues. The change is that it would be fan-favorites, writers like Peter David, Roger Stern, J.M. DeMatteis, Marv Wolfman, or Gerry Conway. It would probably be important to have two writers on-board initially, so it doesn't just become a vehicle for one creative team. As for artists, they could go with people who have well-regarded runs on Spider-Man (Mark Bagley, Mark Buckingham, Terry Dodson, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Ryan Stegman, etc.) to keep with the theme, or with new voices. There might be later pairings of top writers who haven't done much work on the character, and fan-favorite artists.

What would be your reaction to that book? And what would you pitch instead?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That sounds pretty good, Mister Mets!

Just a question first - are these 616 in continuity title pitches or What If? AU title pitches or are they both? What are the "rules", if you will, for this thread?
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-26-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Spider-Women:
    Basically, expand the previous Spider-Woman title to include Carlie Cooper, Silk, and Anna Corazon. Still a detective agency, with Carlie and Ben tag-teaming to be their Oracle - forensics, research, criminal insight, access to police files. Besides general crime fighting and walk-in clients, there will also be cases referred to them by Carlie (cold cases), spy work (SHIELD freelancers), and the occasional foray into the Spider-Verse.

Astonishing Member

A new Spider-Man comic book as Legendary Spider-Man would be way cool.
    My idea would be a black and white comic book focused in Spider-Man in the Black Suit,this could be as the Untold Spider-Man series but this time focused in the period after Secret Wars 1.Dunno if this could sustain being in a ongoing format but for at least a limited series i think this would be good.
    Another idea is a return of the Marvel Team Up but not exactly the same way it was,it would be with stories of Spider-Man teaming up with other super heroes but the twist is that each story arc would be in the past and the present.
    This way it could revisit older stories of Marvel Team Up and have those stories with a continuation and then the story would move flash forward to the present with curent apearences of those super heroes,would be interesting because it would focus how the super heroes have changed from the older stories but yet at the same time it would wrap up storylines of MTU in a new way and show how despite the characters have evolved the main characteristics of them were more or less the same.The creative team in the old and curent scenes could be the same,but it would be better if the artist for the scenes in the past changed the art style a bit to resemble more old school type of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Just a question first - are these 616 in continuity title pitches or What If? AU title pitches or are they both? What are the "rules", if you will, for this thread?
    Anything goes in terms of length or universe. It could be a two issue 1970s television spinoff, a 616 mini-series, an Ultimate monthly, whatever.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Spider-Women:
    Basically, expand the previous Spider-Woman title to include Carlie Cooper, Silk, and Anna Corazon. Still a detective agency, with Carlie and Ben tag-teaming to be their Oracle - forensics, research, criminal insight, access to police files. Besides general crime fighting and walk-in clients, there will also be cases referred to them by Carlie (cold cases), spy work (SHIELD freelancers), and the occasional foray into the Spider-Verse.
    I would read this. Would like to see Peter David take a crack at this.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    A new Spider-Man comic book as Legendary Spider-Man would be way cool.
    My idea would be a black and white comic book focused in Spider-Man in the Black Suit,this could be as the Untold Spider-Man series but this time focused in the period after Secret Wars 1.Dunno if this could sustain being in a ongoing format but for at least a limited series i think this would be good.
    Another idea is a return of the Marvel Team Up but not exactly the same way it was,it would be with stories of Spider-Man teaming up with other super heroes but the twist is that each story arc would be in the past and the present.
    This way it could revisit older stories of Marvel Team Up and have those stories with a continuation and then the story would move flash forward to the present with curent apearences of those super heroes,would be interesting because it would focus how the super heroes have changed from the older stories but yet at the same time it would wrap up storylines of MTU in a new way and show how despite the characters have evolved the main characteristics of them were more or less the same.The creative team in the old and curent scenes could be the same,but it would be better if the artist for the scenes in the past changed the art style a bit to resemble more old school type of art.
    That could be pretty cool. I could imagine some variation with newer heroes (IE- Spider-Man has a team-up with Mar-Vell in the past; deals with the consequences in a team-up with Ms. Marvel in the present.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man Family

A relaunch of the short-lived 2008 anthology title, but this time instead of a mix of present day continuity stories, reprints, and alternate reality shorts, the book instead focuses on the early days of MC2 Peter Parker raising young Mayday while Mary Jane starts putting her foot forward in the fashion industry. Peter juggles crime fighting with being a dad, MJ struggles with making it big in buisness while being a mom. All in the interm, there is an ongoing side plot with Kaine and his vendetta against Norman Osborn, which we all know leads to fateful consequences for the web-swinger

Ideally this would be launched this year to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the MC2 universe.

The first one that springs to my mind is -

Superior Spider-Man The Hero I Want To Be

In a world where Peter's consciousness faded away after defeating the Goblin Nation Otto struggles to be a better person and worthy hero. This series would be a darker, grittier take on the Spider-Man mythos akin to Batman or a toned down version of Spawn as Otto tries and often fails to curtail his more villianous impulses while protecting New York City and running Parker Industries.

I like the Legendary idea. Thats what I think titles with the "All-Star" designation should be like.

Mine was always a return to Spectacular or MTU. Now we have Spectacular back. Avenging was a lot like MTU.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Marvelous Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Spider-Man and his family travel around the world to try and capture a villain and explore his universe.

Spider-Man and Black Cat Detective Agency

Set in a world where Peter & Felicia wed and run their own Heroes For Hire type agency while on the side Peter still fights crime occasionally on his own pro bono. The couple face many challenges juggling their professional and personal lives including those associated with raising their increasingly rebellious daughter Felicity.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I really think a title like Marvel Team Up or Avenging Spider-Man would be nice, especially if that enabled writers to let Peter be more competent as a solo hero in his own books.

Web of Spider-Man: a 36 issue maxi-series in which the Kraven Family inherit a great power and attempt to control the Web of Life and Death.

Featuring as many spider-characters as possible!

-Pav, who imagines Black Tarantula's sinister team bowing before Ai Apaec...
    Last edited by Pav; 01-27-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details