Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Everything about it would still suck, it would just suck in a slightly different way.

As originally intended, the entire story would have been retconned. That was part of the original concept. So considering that, I don't care if Gwen had her kids with Paste Pot Pete or whoever. The story was meant to be so nuts that it had to be retconned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Sins Past would have been terrible regardless. There was no saving that story. OMD/SinsPast/The Other. No Spider-Man story will ever hit the low points that those did. They were all absolutely horrific to get through in their own ways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Sins Past would have been terrible regardless. There was no saving that story. OMD/SinsPast/The Other. No Spider-Man story will ever hit the low points that those did. They were all absolutely horrific to get through in their own ways.
    I agree with you about those comics. I give each of them a number grade of single digits or worse ( F is too good for them). I would not hesitate to add Clone Saga and Silk to that list. If you ask me what is the worst and the one I give a grade of zero. I am going BND. Everything about that comic made me angry ( starting with the cover where I could see Man-Child written all over it, even before reading it). Even OMD itself could not do that.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-21-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    As originally intended, the entire story would have been retconned. That was part of the original concept. So considering that, I don't care if Gwen had her kids with Paste Pot Pete or whoever. The story was meant to be so nuts that it had to be retconned.
    Are you sure they were planning that when the story was commissioned?

The nature of the retcon also matters. If the retcon just removes Gabriel and Sarah from continuity it essentially turns Peter into a murderer and doesn't touch the controversial element, what the story revealed about Gwen's character.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

The nature of the retcon also matters. If the retcon just removes Gabriel and Sarah from continuity it essentially turns Peter into a murderer and doesn't touch the controversial element, what the story revealed about Gwen's character.
    I mean, considering OMD had that Peter's kid who got wiped out, he's already a murderer by that standard.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

If it wasnt for the books being so Anti clone at the time. I would of just had them be Clones of Peter and Gwen Norman had in the Clone Saga, and he would of had them be given Goblin powers too.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Mighty Member

...The story would still be stupid...the only plus is that it would take away Norman's "Guess what Parker! I slept with your girlfriend too HAHAHAH!". Norman's influence as an archenemy started to get ridiculous...I wouldn't be surprised if he poisoned Peter's goldfish when the latter was 8, or if Norman hired Ben Parker's murder at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    ...The story would still be stupid...the only plus is that it would take away Norman's "Guess what Parker! I slept with your girlfriend too HAHAHAH!". Norman's influence as an archenemy started to get ridiculous...I wouldn't be surprised if he poisoned Peter's goldfish when the latter was 8, or if Norman hired Ben Parker's murder at that point.
    That reminds me of that "ME BARRY ME!" meme:

Considering that Norman slept with Gwen, then killed her, hired some actress to take Aunt May's place and then die, gave Otto's girlfriend/wife aids for whatever reason, yeah, Norman would be fitting for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, considering OMD had that Peter's kid who got wiped out, he's already a murderer by that standard.
    The kid didn't exist yet. By the same standard, anyone who uses birth control is a murderer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The kid didn't exist yet. By the same standard, anyone who uses birth control is a murderer.
    Mephisto uses that kid as some clear "Haha, you killed your kid", and that heavily implies MJ was pregnant by that point, and considering that Peter and MJ also reacted very badly to that moment, yeah, the lack of marriage aborted their kid, for some reason lol.

Mephisto uses that kid as some clear "Haha, you killed your kid", and that heavily implies MJ was pregnant by that point, and considering that Peter and MJ also reacted very badly to that moment, yeah, the lack of marriage aborted their kid, for some reason lol.
    Abortion isn't an apt comparison fora kid who had not been conceived yet.

If you think Mary Jane was pregnant during One More Day, that requires a major plot point to not explicitly be stated in the story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Abortion isn't an apt comparison fora kid who had not been conceived yet.

If you think Mary Jane was pregnant during One More Day, that requires a major plot point to not explicitly be stated in the story.
    I always saw it as MJ being pregnant but they didn't reveal it before to make that kid being erased be a "Twist the knife further" moment.

I always saw it as MJ being pregnant but they didn't reveal it before to make that kid being erased be a "Twist the knife further" moment.
    Except they didn't say she was pregnant at the moment.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That thought is a stretch even by Mr. Fantastic standards. Peter a murdered because his kids from another timeline no longer exist?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.